I know, I know, Another Fat Bottom Bag!!

yarndiva

picture063zj8.th.jpg

This one I made for yours truly. I had done 5 before that were commissioned and I wanted another one in a fun color!

picture077wz3.th.jpg

I found the lining on the clearance rack at Hobby Lobby and decided I wanted a belt look that's so popular these days.

picture070ak9.th.jpg

I did a quadruple post dc for the belt loops and intermittent areas around the bag, crocheted a strap and placed the closure behind the bow so it's not obvious.

picture067yy7.th.jpg

The bow is made from the same material with interfacing fused in it to give it a little stiffness, I wanted it to be a little wider, but it kept on folding in half as I tied the ribbon so I left it alone. I did try to sew the ribbon at least to the belt loops, but that looked funny.

I did a few extra rows on top of the bag before I did the straps for the belt to loop around so it looks really tall. The coin is a quarter, so this is a pretty big bag.

Hope you like it!!

To those who are new: The pattern is from the book: Stitch N Bitch: Happy Hooker and the pattern name is Fat Bottom Bag...it's very easy to do and the results are awesome!!

Oh! I have that book!!! Hmmmmm I might have to whip one up!! :)

Love it! The colors are great and I love that your lining matches your ribbon. Very nice ... and I don't get tired of seeing them!

Oh, the lining is just an extra for those who want to make sure that their bags stay around for a while :lol

http://crochetkel.blogspot.com/2006_10_01_archive.html

Is one of the tutorials on how to make a lining. My way is different, but I have a hard time trying to explain it on paper, so I hope this will do.

Thank you everyone!!

I hope my bags will inspire the rest of you who haven't made FBB's yet!!

I have more bags in different colors to make...maybe even making hobos from my stack of granny squares!!

To those who are new: The pattern is from the book: Stitch N Bitch: Happy Hooker and the pattern name is Fat Bottom Bag...it's very easy to do and the results are awesome!!

Wow! What a gorgeous bag! :manyheart I received my Lion Brand Suede in the mail today and I started on my very first Fat Bottom Bag tonight! Now I can't wait to see mine finished! :hook I just know I'm going to end up making dozens of these bags in all different colors and yarns because I love the style and I'm a bag nut to begin with, and it's just so easy when you can make them yourself! :cheer And this bag is SO versatile! There are so many ways you can dress it up with different ribbons and such, even though it's the same pattern the bags will look totally different!

Elle

Thanks again everyone!! :ty

I am taking a break from making bags to making spring/summer boleros for my girls. I am thinking about making both a long sleeved and a short sleeved one in violet & hot pink and maybe apple green (just to cover the basic colors).

Dunno, we'll see.

:ty :ty so much again!!

Archived