Little gift bags

sail149

I have ALMOST finished making enough of these little gift bags for my granddaughter's sixth birthday party next weekend:

th_downsizedbaggies.jpg

The pattern is cupcake's, and they have been fun to crochet! I still have three more to finish - marathon crochet effort!

Maureen

(and I seem to have worked out how to post the photo - but have no idea at all how to make it larger....)

wonderful gift bags! i cheated and used chinese style take out boxes for my daughters birthday on Sunday!! what an ambitious project :D

not sure if it will help, but try this for posting photos http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=44217

Lol - yes, we decided, my daughter and I, that the bags would be a "girl gift"! I did crochet a special drawstring treasure bag for my grandson, who is 3, because he spends a lot of time with me, and has watched me working on the bags - he was beginning to feel left out :no - but for the little boys who will be at the party, there will be "coconut shell" novelties from Spotlight, filled with appropriate little gifts.

This stage of "inviting the whole class" to the birthday party will pass soon enough, but Grade 1 is an important year, and I wanted to help to make it a special day for my granddaughter.

Thank you for all your lovely comments! It's nice when your work is appreciated by other crocheters :)

Maureen

Archived