Could someone please tell me how much homespun is?

I live in Australia, now over here we don't get much in the way of yarn:think (bizzare considering how many sheep we have). I really would like to try the Baby its cold outside jacket for my 2 year old daughter. SO I have been looking for Homespun. I haven't been able to find it very easily, but one place I found it is selling it for about $10us plus postage per ball. Is that about right?? I haven't ordered any as yet as that is a little out of my price range it equates to about (13.50 per ball in Aussie Bucks).

I hope someone can tell me if this is a good price or not.

Can I make a suggestion?

Try posting a request for someone to buy and ship you the Homespun on the For Sale, Trade, or Free thread - in return for the money, of course.

I've seen other people do that before, and I've gotten anonymous offers by PM to do that for me (having been used to being able to get "good" yarns at good prices before I moved here).

You'd end up saving money that way, and somebody would have the satisfaction of knowing that they'd done a good deed for the day.

And... well... you know... us crochetiers are like that. :hook

I have a package here I received from washington state. the package weighed 2lbs 7.9oz and cost US$25.80 and was sent registered by USPS. sea mail will be cheaper but takes 2 mths to arrive.

Maybe call Bendigo Woolen Mills and get a catalogue from them. I like their yarn and they send you a colour card that has actual clippings of the yarn! I like that cos it's truer for size, colour and texture :D postage is a flat rate or free over $30 orders, yarn prices are reasonable too

(bizzare considering how many sheep we have)

Yeah.. but how many acrylics do you have running around??? :lol

You don't have to use Homespun, unless you really love the way it looks in that yarn. I made 2 BICO's using just regular old WW yarn.

I just checked the USPS rates to Australia. I bet you could squish two skeins of Homespun into a Global Priority flat rate envelope, which is US$9.50. I use 40% off coupons so Homespun costs me $2.99 skein. I'd be willing to get some and send it to you.

Joan

I have been putting some thought into this problem, and I was wondering does anyone know the cost of sending by sea. I was thinking that maybe i could arrange for an order or quite a few skeins be sent by sea, i know it takes like 22 years, but as the only yarn I can seem to find is panda, Patons, checkheaton, a couple of boutique Aussie mades and a whole pile of dodgy acrylics, it might be worth doing this, What do you think?

I have been putting some thought into this problem, and I was wondering does anyone know the cost of sending by sea. I was thinking that maybe i could arrange for an order or quite a few skeins be sent by sea, i know it takes like 22 years, but as the only yarn I can seem to find is panda, Patons, checkheaton, a couple of boutique Aussie mades and a whole pile of dodgy acrylics, it might be worth doing this, What do you think?

Here is the USPS page for shipping from the US to Australia:

http://pe.usps.gov/text/Imm/immicl/immiclab_012.html

Joan

Archived