Football widows, come on in!

This question is inspired by the thread that asked "what is the strangest place you've ever crocheted?"

My husband is not really a huge football fan, but he INSISTS on watching the entire day of Super Bowl, from pre-game all the way to post-game. I HATE football with a passion, so I usually go into the other room and watch movies or something while the game is on.

This year, we are going to a Super Bowl party being thrown by our best friends. I hated to send my hubby without me, so I told him I'd go, but I'm bringing my crochet so I can work on it during the game! He just shook his head and told me if that's what it took to get me to a Super Bowl party, that was fine with him.

Come on, fess up! Who else will be crocheting through the Super Bowl???

I crochet through everything, so count me in. My sister has this artsy friend that is always asking her man to go to foreign films, the symphony, and what not. She was moaning the other day that, in return, she had to go to a superbowl party an dshe didn't know how she was going to last throught it. I told her that she needed to learn to crochet or knit. That gets you through anything. My husband likes to play role playing games which I cannot stand to play. Every once in a while, I humor him, but I have to bring my crochet!

I'll be crocheting too!! But I'll be rooting for both teams......:blush As a Bear lover, I just wouldn't feel right rooting against Da Bears. On the other hand, I love Peyton, and would love to see him and the Colts go all the way to the top!!

I guess I'll just be rooting for some great football!:cheer :cheer :cheer

Don't have a hubby to be a widow too & not interested in Super Bowl unless the Cleveland Browns are playing :rofl! :rofl!

So, I won't be crocheting, but will be playing the slots in Atlantic City! :cheer:clap:yay

I love football and the COLTS! (Go Peyton!), but I usually crochet while watching football as well. This is SUCH a big game though, and one I'm interested in seeing every play of, that I'll probably only be moving my hook during the pregame/halftime show (ick, prince)/postgame. I'll have a hook and yarn in my hands, but can't guarantee getting any work done....lol!

Sorry but I am a big Football fan. This is the last game till August and the biggest game.

I will be sitting in front of the TV watching and rooting for:cheer DA BEARS.:cheer

Dh will be rooting for the Colts. Should be interesting.

I will have my crocheting handyas, go ahead and laugh, I have 3 wips and they are driving me crazy. I usually finish one project, before I start another.

So Sunday is DA BEARS and crocheting.

Until I read this thread, I didn't even know which teams were in the Superbowl this year! It's definitely a non-event for me, but we were invited to a party, so I'll go. Not sure about bringing my crocheting though???

Joan

• 1 year later...

Well I must be the ultimate football widow - my husband works for the UMass football team, so I spend all fall (and into the winter lately) at games on Saturdays. Before and afterward usually afford me a little time in the car to crochet because I always am one of the early arrivals and late departures from the stadium.

Archived