Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

JulieKay

Hi Cara - I'm finally over here officially. I made the first two dk blue squares on the Garden Cat afghan tonite!!!

So hello to everyone, and I'll be in here more often. Can't wait to see how everyone's doing on their quilts.

Hay Norma :hugWelcome...lots of fun here.

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi Cara - I'm finally over here officially. I made the first two dk blue squares on the Garden Cat afghan tonite!!!

So hello to everyone, and I'll be in here more often. Can't wait to see how everyone's doing on their quilts.

Hi, Norma!

I loved that pattern when you shared it that I printed it out. Fo that one I would make bicolored squares again!:yes

Hi, Norma!

I loved that pattern when you shared it that I printed it out. Fo that one I would make bicolored squares again!:yes

And Garden Cat has a special kind of bicolor square. Not like mine. The tops of the hearts are just one or two clusters of the red :yes Which is very clever actually :yes

Morning ladies :yawn

I'm up super early because my back aches :( Not the spot that's giving me so much trouble late. This is my lower back. My sister and I went ahead and went to the night session of bingo last night :blush We got there right before start time and I got a lousy chair. I think that's what did it. I'm going to have to make portable cushions for us to take with us to help some of those lousy chairs they have :lol

Her DH works nights as a peace officer (he's a deputy that works as the jail guard) and she has no classes until January so she gets bored at night. She's been playing lots of bingo to entertain herself and she hates to go alone :lol He's off for the next three days though and I'm broke now so that's all good :lol

Okay, I'm rambling now :blush Hopefully I can stretch and heat my back pain out and go back to bed until I make more sense :lol I need my rest. I have plans to really bust out this LC today :hook

Jumping in here - have you seen the Caron teal variegated with green/dk blue/lt blue/white? That would be a good middle ground to use. Let me see if I can find the color, ah yes - Color 582, blue teal ombre, you can see it on the Caron site. You might have to order this online or someone on Ebay, I haven't seen it in stores lately.

I saw it online but I'm not sure about that one either. I played with my Excel file last night, put in some other solid options and didn't like how they looked :lol So I'll stick with the original.

Cara, take it easy today.:hug

Morning ladies :yawn

I'm up super early because my back aches :( Not the spot that's giving me so much trouble late. This is my lower back. My sister and I went ahead and went to the night session of bingo last night :blush We got there right before start time and I got a lousy chair. I think that's what did it. I'm going to have to make portable cushions for us to take with us to help some of those lousy chairs they have :lol

Her DH works nights as a peace officer (he's a deputy that works as the jail guard) and she has no classes until January so she gets bored at night. She's been playing lots of bingo to entertain herself and she hates to go alone :lol He's off for the next three days though and I'm broke now so that's all good :lol

Okay, I'm rambling now :blush Hopefully I can stretch and heat my back pain out and go back to bed until I make more sense :lol I need my rest. I have plans to really bust out this LC today :hook

Feel better, Cara:hugAnd I know what you mean by sitting in a bad chair:yes

Good morning, everyone. I woke up to thunder this morning. I don't usually hear it downstairs, so you know it was loud. It's now raining and the forecast is calling for rain all through the weekend. :2rain I was going to run errands :drive and do some shopping this weekend, but now I'm not so sure. :shop It may end up being just the stuff I have to have and the rest put on hold.

Hi, Norma! :welcome Welcome to this CAL. We have lots of fun.

Cara, you've got to be careful of those chairs. They'll give you a backache faster than anything if they're not comfortable.

I worked on the big oriental quilt yesterday. :sew Sewing blocks together where I've decided that they go together and putting black 1" strips around some of the smaller theme blocks. I got the first 1" black strip around the center panel partially put on, too. I don't know where I'm going to lie it out to see what looks good where in the rest of the quilt. It's so big it's going to require a lot of space. Hmmmm! :think

Good morning Linda! :hi:hug Yes, space to stretch out sewing projects is a big problem for me as well :sigh One of these days we'll strike it rich and build our own sewing/crocheting/crafting studios :dreaming I'm half tempted to start a quilt top myself today :yes But I must, must, MUST get this LC out of the way first :yes

Good morning, everyone. I woke up to thunder this morning. I don't usually hear it downstairs, so you know it was loud. It's now raining and the forecast is calling for rain all through the weekend. :2rain I was going to run errands :drive and do some shopping this weekend, but now I'm not so sure. :shop It may end up being just the stuff I have to have and the rest put on hold.

I worked on the big oriental quilt yesterday. :sew Sewing blocks together where I've decided that they go together and putting black 1" strips around some of the smaller theme blocks. I got the first 1" black strip around the center panel partially put on, too. I don't know where I'm going to lie it out to see what looks good where in the rest of the quilt. It's so big it's going to require a lot of space. Hmmmm! :think

The weather is the same here in NJ...

Have fun playing with the quilt!

The weather is the same here in NJ...

Have fun playing with the quilt!

Oh I envy y'all! :lol I'd love the whole weekend filled with rainy, thundery, blustery weather :c9 To me that is the almost perfect time to crochet :hook Perfect would be cold weather :D

Good morning Linda! :hi:hug Yes, space to stretch out sewing projects is a big problem for me as well :sigh One of these days we'll strike it rich and build our own sewing/crocheting/crafting studios :dreaming I'm half tempted to start a quilt top myself today :yes But I must, must, MUST get this LC out of the way first :yes

Just curious, but what do you do with most of the stuff you make?

Oh I envy y'all! :lol I'd love the whole weekend filled with rainy, thundery, blustery weather :c9 To me that is the almost perfect time to crochet :hook Perfect would be cold weather :D

Oh, yes. COLD is better. We have a temp around 70 right now...nice:D

Just curious, but what do you do with most of the stuff you make?

Stick it in my craft room and wait for a gift occasion for someone who doesn't already have an ghan or ten (like my poor MIL :lol). I've donated a couple. I sent the Make a Joyful Noise angel ghan to BDs grandmother for her b-day on Sunday :yes I sure hope she likes it :yes She's been so very nice to me. We both crochet so we have a great time together :yes

Oh btw I already have a recipient in mind for the LC. I really, really hope she enjoys it :yes

That's good - more room for the next project:lol

That's good - more room for the next project:lol

Yep :hook But the next quilt project (Cherri Lacey's gingerbread boy) is going to be Peyton's Christmas giftie I think :yes

Yep :hook But the next quilt project (Cherri Lacey's gingerbread boy) is going to be Peyton's Christmas giftie I think :yes

Oh, yes - that's a cute one! I have that and the heart one printed out...one day:hook

Today's one day :devil:hook

You're funny!!

I had some baby blue in my hands last night and almost started to make saltines with it! I decided that the faster way to make a baby blanket to have on hand for those occasions someone asks for one was to do a 12 point RR. But the next one will be saltines:D

Yup, most of my things end up as gifts, too. I do plan on keeping the Painted Desert and this oriental quilt for me. :devil The center panel of the quilt is bordered with a 1" wide black strip, then a 3" wide fancy turquoise strip, and then another 1" wide black strip. I'm just about to cut out the second set of 1" wide black strips. The first two borders are cut and on. I'll take a picture after the last one is on. :photo I've also bordered the large dragon and rickshaw blocks and will take a picture of them, too. :photo

Archived