Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

JulieKay

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey gang -here's another list of questions for you :

1-Name 2 things you think you are good at (answers according to Hub-E) crocheting and internet surfing...

2-Name 2 that you are not good at: Hub-E says this is a trick question, but 1) electrical work (had to hire out some rewiring stuff) 2) exercise (I hate to exercise).

3-What is the funniest prank you may have played on someone ( OR that someone played on you ) Wasn't funny, it was mean...I went out with a guy who apparently was married or going with someone...and when his wife, who was 20 years OLDER than him showed up during our date, I was livid, hurt, the works...humilated, felt like a total loser...well, I asked my friend to let me use his phone number as a call back and called the number my married date had given me and of course, a family member answered the phone and I pretended to be a local free newspaper that did personal ads and gave my friend's number...of course the family member gave the message to the wife instead of the guy and she called my friend raising **** (and my friend is still my friend to this day, he totally understood my need to get even at that point, I've never regretted doing that, but I don't make a habit of things like this...)

4-Is there something you would absolutely refuse to do ? Sky Dive

5-Have you ever won a trophy or blue ribbon ? Not a blue ribbon, but did come in 2nd place at the state fair for a sewing project.

6-Have you ever been told you look like someone famous ? Once I was told I looked like the actress who originally played Natalie on All My Children (that was well over 20 years ago) otherwise, no.

7-If you coulld change one thing about yourself what would it be ? ( this can be on the outside or inside ) I constantly work on my anger and I wish I had my 20 year old self metabolism where I could lose weight in a heartbeat...otherwise I'm pretty happy with myself.

8-What is one item that you should really throw away but you just can't ? Hub-E says probably old furniture...old books...

9-Would you ever use an online dating service to meet someone ? Been there, done that and will NEVER do it again (see my answer to previous question about playing practical jokes...)

10-What song title most describes your life right now ? U-2's It's a Beautiful Day (this week anyway...)

Joy

Do you have an iPod Touch ? I wondered what size they are ?

Yes I do.

Specs from Apple's website:

Size & Weight

Height: 4.3 inches (110 mm)

Width: 2.4 inches (61.8 mm)

Depth:0.33 inch (8.5 mm)

Weight:4.05 ounces (115 grams)

Display

3.5-inch (diagonal) widescreen

Multi-Touch display

480-by-320-pixel resolution at 163 pixels per inch

I find that it fits comfortably in my hand and can be easily carried in my pocket. When it comes to reading books, I can adjust the text size so that it's easy to read. The size of the screen really isn't that bad, unless you really increase the font size. The larger the font size, the more often you have to scroll to the next page. The other nice thing is that there are a ton of free programs available for it, so you can use it for more than just reading books.

Definitely go try one out in person if you can. Playing around with one that my friend had, was what sold me on it. The quality of construction combined with the ease of use, made it the obvious choice for me. Of course I was looking for a new PDA at the time and not just a ebook reader.

Hope that helps!

Now that prank was funny. :lol

Thank you, thank you.:bow

We did get caught by one of the men but he kept his mouth shut. He was cracking up with us, he was very glad that he had left his jacket in his car. Sorry Vince, it didn't help, we went out to his car and sewed his jacket up too. The next day he was fuming mad. He had a dinner meeting that night, got to the restaurant, was in the lobby, went to put his jacket on and he was flapping in the breeze. Said he had to cut the threads with his teeth. Oops, were we in trouble. :yes The man was not happy!!

Tab-

Our girl has one of those ipd things -- she has a reader on it ,but says it's not very good for reading on,since the screen is so small, they can't put very many words on each "page",so it's kind-of bothersome . I've never seen one or used one,so I have no clue about them myself .

Diane-

you ornery thing, --so how did the men fix their jackets, did you guys have to unstitch them or leave them as they were ?

Joy- thanks -- I was mixed up at first when someone mentioned them ... I was thinking of that new thing on tv- not sure what it's called but it almost looks like a small laptop computer without the "lid" -- you know ,just a flat,open thing. About the size of a piece of paper maybe ?

I have no clue what lots of these things are. Guess I'm a little out of the loop . They look really cool,though,whatever they are .

Sam asked if I wanted one, but when I heard the price, I said NOPE . I dont want one THAT bad .

Oh, my, Diane, that was a good one. I sort of feel sorry for Vince, but not really. :lol :lol :lol

I'm done running for today. I went to Michael's and bought some card stock and special papers and a cutter to cut them with, then I went to WalMart and got about $200 worth of groceries and two prescriptions for me. Brought all of that home and we got it put away. Went to the bank and paid the car insurance. Picked up more prescriptions at CVS and the doctor's office. Picked up 20 pounds of frozen boneless, skinless chicken tenders at Tyson's plant store. That's all the running around my knee is going to take today.

The sky is mostly cloudy now and it's grumbling off and on. I think the rain may have followed me here from Iowa. :D

I got your 2nd card today, Lissa. The girls' drawings are adorable. Your oldest is just 3 months younger than my grandson. He'll be starting 1st grade next fall, too.

We took a four generation picture while we were at my mom's house. This is Mom, me, Joy, and Ayden.

post-9295-135897540589_thumb.jpg

Tab-

Diane-

you ornery thing, --so how did the men fix their jackets, did you guys have to unstitch them or leave them as they were ?

Guess their wives, we sure didn't, but it was only a loose whipstitch so not difficult.:devil

Linda, great pic!

Linda

Thanks for the photo- what a nice picture ! Your girl is so pretty and your grandson is so cute, he's one of those little kids you just wanna pinch their cheek, he's so cute !

What does your mom's shirt say, I can't see it all . I like funny shirts and wear good ones if I can find them .

My favorite one is :

I'm Not a Model

I Just LOOK Like One

Boy, did I get the chuckles out of that,since I'm old,grey, and round . It is fun wearing those shirts, because so many people get a kick out of them .

1-Name 2 things you think you are good at .

talking, gardening

2-Name 2 that you are not good at .

cooking, housework

3-What is the funniest prank you may have played on someone ( OR that someone played on you ) ?

Hmm...I'm not much of a prankster. Maybe the time I sliced up a banana while it was still in the skin and put it in my Dh's lunch. (you poke a pin through the skin and move it through the banana and repeat, it slices the banand and when it is peeled it falls into slices.)

4-Is there something you would absolutely refuse to do ?

sure, lots of things. I won't hunt. I don't think I could raise an animal and then eat it

5-Have you ever won a trophy or blue ribbon ?

I won a trophy for dramatic reading once. I think I was in 4th grade.

6-Have you ever been told you look like someone famous ?

Once someone told me I looked like Meryl Streep. (I don't)

7-If you coulld change one thing about yourself what would it be ? ( this can be on the outside or inside )

I'd lose weight and generally try harder to live "healthy"

8-What is one item that you should really throw away but you just can't ?

an unfinished counted cross stitch project dating back about 20 years. I don't even like it any more, but there are so many hours of work in it, that I just can't bring myself to toss it.

9-Would you ever use an online dating service to meet someone ?

no

10-What song title most describes your life right now ?

can't think of one at the moment.

For all of you that are thinking about getting a Kindle or similar device but wishing that it would lit up for better reading in dim light, you might want to look into an iPod Touch. You can download the Kindle Reader software for free and read all of the same books that are available for the Kindle. There are also several other free readers available for it that allow you to read other ebook formats.

I have an iPod touch, but I didn't know you could download the Kindle software. I'll have to check that out. Thanks for the information.

I transfer books to it using a free program called "Stanza.' However, as far as I know the books have to be in pdf format to use that program.

hi, ladies - flyby!

Still busy here, and researching Kindle, Nook, etc.

Joy and Cindy, is the screen on the iPod touch the same size as the reading panel on Kindel?

Joanne, why did you choose Nook over Kindel?

Bye for now...BB soon!

Thank you, thank you.:bow

We did get caught by one of the men but he kept his mouth shut. He was cracking up with us, he was very glad that he had left his jacket in his car. Sorry Vince, it didn't help, we went out to his car and sewed his jacket up too. The next day he was fuming mad. He had a dinner meeting that night, got to the restaurant, was in the lobby, went to put his jacket on and he was flapping in the breeze. Said he had to cut the threads with his teeth. Oops, were we in trouble. :yes The man was not happy!!

:rofl.....to be a fly on the wall :yes

Oh, my, Diane, that was a good one. I sort of feel sorry for Vince, but not really. :lol :lol :lol

I'm done running for today. I went to Michael's and bought some card stock and special papers and a cutter to cut them with, then I went to WalMart and got about $200 worth of groceries and two prescriptions for me. Brought all of that home and we got it put away. Went to the bank and paid the car insurance. Picked up more prescriptions at CVS and the doctor's office. Picked up 20 pounds of frozen boneless, skinless chicken tenders at Tyson's plant store. That's all the running around my knee is going to take today.

The sky is mostly cloudy now and it's grumbling off and on. I think the rain may have followed me here from Iowa. :D

I got your 2nd card today, Lissa. The girls' drawings are adorable. Your oldest is just 3 months younger than my grandson. He'll be starting 1st grade next fall, too.

We took a four generation picture while we were at my mom's house. This is Mom, me, Joy, and Ayden.

Great pic. :manyheart

Got interrupted in my reading by dh wanting to eat dinner, since he had an appointment at 7. SO here I am back again.

Linda, glad you are home safe.

Diane, (I think it was you?) the shirt sleeve prank was hilarious!

Julie, sorry that you aren't feeling any better. If its an immune issue, they can be very difficult to diagnose. Seems like the allergy doctor would be your best bet for that sort of diagnosis.

Work was busier today than it has been. I'd much rather be busy than slow.

I haven't done much crocheting for the past few days. I read two books though!

I think one load of laundry will be all I accomplish tonight, since I have to work again tomorrow and I didn't sleep well last night.

Hi group, I ran some small errands today, came home got into some comfy house clothes and sat here and crochet and weave until my heart content while listening and dancing to "Sugarland Live on the inside." The Sugarland CD is so so nice and mellow. Yes I love to dance and sing still. :lol:lol I remenber dancing the night away when I was much young those were the times. I'm a CD buyer. Today I received two packages of squares and OMG if you could see how pretty these squares are in person. I have them lay out on my bed so I can look at them. Thank you Julie for the square and the wonderful book, I feel spoil. Marisa Thank you also I love your squares and the card. Thank you so much. It has been a long while since I've been spoil. :hug I had to make an appointment for the doctor for I definitely came down with a cold and the meds I'm on lower my immune system, so tomorrow at 10:30 is my appointment.

Linda - welcome back, you have a nice looking family and a cute grandson

Shaylen - I love the color of peach also especially with a nice green color.

Diane - your nephew is a very smart young man to think about his education as well as his career in baseball.

Joanne - hope you had a good day at work

Julie - keep the belief going that some how they will find out with's wrong with you So try to keep your spirits up and I have to do that all the time or else my day will be filled with nothing but tears.

Lisa - Happy birthday to Calypso sending you a hug and I pray that the day went well for you.

I made meatball, brocolli, spaggethi and garlic bread for dinner. So I'm ready to eat dinner. BBL :hug:hug

Joy- thanks -- I was mixed up at first when someone mentioned them ... I was thinking of that new thing on tv- not sure what it's called but it almost looks like a small laptop computer without the "lid" -- you know ,just a flat,open thing. About the size of a piece of paper maybe ?

Julie you were referring to an iPad which is quite a bit larger than an iPod Touch. I really don't know what they were thinking when they named it either! It seems to be a hybrid between an iPod Touch and a laptop.

From the Apple website:

Size and weight

Height: 9.56 inches (242.8 mm)

Width: 7.47 inches (189.7 mm)

Depth: 0.5 inch (13.4 mm)

Weight: 1.5 pounds (0.68 kg) Wi-Fi model;

1.6 pounds (0.73 kg) Wi-Fi + 3G model

Display

9.7-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit glossy widescreen Multi-Touch display with IPS technology

1024-by-768-pixel resolution at 132 pixels per inch (ppi)

Fingerprint-resistant oleophobic coating

Joy and Cindy, is the screen on the iPod touch the same size as the reading panel on Kindel?

Based on the dimensions listed on Amazon for the Kindle, the iPod is approximately 1/4 the size of the smaller Kindle. The iPad is slightly bigger than the smaller Kindle, but smaller than the larger Kindle.

I have an iPod touch, but I didn't know you could download the Kindle software. I'll have to check that out. Thanks for the information.

I transfer books to it using a free program called "Stanza.' However, as far as I know the books have to be in pdf format to use that program.

Stanza is the other program that I use for reading eBooks. It can use some other formats other than just pdf, but I don't remember off the top of my head what all is available. I've also got eReader installed, but I haven't really used it yet.

My summer card is ready for the mail and Cheeria's squares are addressed and ready for me to take them to the post office on Wednesday. I feel like I accomplished a lot!

Cheeria, I am really looking forward to seeing what you do with the squares. (and by the way, your dinner sounds yummy!!)

Joy, I will be taking a look at those programs. Are you downloading them from the Apple site?

Hey gang -here's another list of questions for you :

1-Name 2 things you think you are good at . Crocheting (getting there- finally- LOL) and listening

2-Name 2 that you are not good at . Drawing, cooking

3-What is the funniest prank you may have played on someone ( OR that someone played on you ) ? :think- Wish I had done a prank like Diane!:lol

4-Is there something you would absolutely refuse to do ? Break the law

5-Have you ever won a trophy or blue ribbon ? Softball as a kid

6-Have you ever been told you look like someone famous ? NO

7-If you coulld change one thing about yourself what would it be ? ( this can be on the outside or inside ) I need to learn to have more patience

8-What is one item that you should really throw away but you just can't ? :lol We only get to pick one?:lol I guess I would say old record albums that I have nothing to play them on and anyway they are probably all scratched from being played to death as a teen!

9-Would you ever use an online dating service to meet someone ? No

10-What song title most describes your life right now? She works Hard for her Money- Donna Summer

Ok back to finish reading up on the posts of the day!

Good evening. I laid down to read for a bit this afternoon and promptly fell asleep for about 2 1/2 hours. Oops! I had the heating pad on my knee and never saw the sleep coming.

Mom's shirt said:

At my age:

I've seen it all,

I've heard it all,

I've done it all,

I just can't remember it all.

Good evening. I laid down to read for a bit this afternoon and promptly fell asleep for about 2 1/2 hours. Oops! I had the heating pad on my knee and never saw the sleep coming.

Mom's shirt said:

At my age:

I've seen it all,

I've heard it all,

I've done it all,

I just can't remember it all.

You needed it! The family picture is precious...:c9

Judy, its smaller.

Thanks...at my age I don't want smaller:lol The dimensions and cost of the Kindle seem good and suited for my purpose, which is reading. Bells and whistles I don't need. I think:lol

My son is looking into the new iPad and Kindle, too, trying to decide for himself. When he has down time he likes to read a lot...I guess all the years I read to him when he was a little guy really stuck;)

Off for the night...have a good one, everybody:hug:manyheart

Archived