Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

JulieKay

Well... I'm late on catching up for the day.. but its been busy and I'm movin' slow due to my neck. Its a bit better ...but still not itself.

I just started my ripple a bit ago.... so I'll put my pennies in for my rows tomorrow night. I'll count Saturday to Saturday but post progress on Fridays.

Anyway... here's the yarn colors I'm using!

its the colors of our boys baseball teams.

post-18634-135897539812_thumb.jpg

David..................................... Michael ...................................Patrick

post-18634-135897539825_thumb.jpg

:heart

:mug

post-18634-135897539819_thumb.jpg

post-18634-135897539822_thumb.jpg

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Diane--

great start on your RR- is this the yarn that shades into different colors ? I haven't ever used it before, but it's very pretty !

Yes it is, this one has pale pink, then a brighter pink, lavendar, a darker purple and then almost looks like navy. I love the feel of the boucle yarn, very soft and cuddly.

Diane- Boy, that was quick- already ordered the pattern book! What colors are you going to make your tote?

I'm thinking maybe chocolate brown and aqua.

I'm going back to the Yankee game in a sec.

Here's my 44 inch RR. I used ILTY from Hobby Lobby that someone gifted me a while back. It's for a children's charity so I thought it was a perfect use for it.

Pic came out dark....the turqua really pops and the purple is also light colored

I love that turqua, it really is pretty. I've used it alot, also the purple....my kinda colors.

Thanks and yep, now you know.....did ya think it stood for dead on arrival? :lol

I flashed on that initially but I thought it was Dear Old A$$ :devil

I do however have a pic for you....and Julie will especially enjoy it!!!

Today is my mom's birthday and I'm heading back up there tonight, but have to come back sunday for a friend's graduation party, which I was asked to make my Punch Bowl Cake for....so I put it together after work since I won't have time sunday between coming back from my parents and heading to the party.

So, I took a pic of the cake :D:lol It's a very refreshing dessert and is ALWAYS a big hit at any event.

Wow, that looks so yummy and HUGE. Can you direct me to the recipe? :P

I just started my ripple a bit ago.... so I'll put my pennies in for my rows tomorrow night. I'll count Saturday to Saturday but post progress on Fridays.

When I worked at a High School, those were our colors. I made so many things in that combo, but it always looks crisp and sharp. Great contrast. I'm sure your ripple is gonna look great.

Thanks to those of you that asked. Addie is doing very well. The vet called today and said to stop the meds now and we'll see if the problem returns. She does have an extra lumbar vertebrae but he said that shouldn't be a problem, but she does have a problem with the bone where her tail is connected to her hips (can't remember what he called it), anyway he said it was deviated but he is unsure if it will cause a problem. So now we are just in observation mode, but she is acting just like a pup again.:dog

Well, :yawn I think I will make a cup of tea and read for awhile. :book I love my Kindle. Most of the classics like Dickens, Eliot, Austen and Bronte are all free downloads. Have a good weekend, Ladies. TTYL

Oops, I hit enter too soon. Here are the strawberries. I'll take a photo of the ripple later. Right now it is covered with other projects.

That's BEAUTIFUL!! :manyheart

Lissa - I love Pippi too!! Always did, and I agree with you, they are alike

You are a lady after my own heart LOL! I Even bought the original pippi movie on dvd

it's 3 am and I'm trying to play catch up with you all. The good news is my net WILL be back soon!! YAY!! By the 16th at the latest the net ppl told me. I'm so tired of playing these 4+ page catch ups. LOL

I finished two tiny projects today. There's an anime movie called Princess Mononoke. And on it they have these ADORABLE little tree spirits. I'm attaching a photo of the tree spirits AND my two little crocheted ones

I'm going to end up making like 20 if I'm not careful lol

Oh and could someone remind me what this coming week's card theme is please?

post-39229-135897539899_thumb.jpg

post-39229-135897539902_thumb.jpg

post-39229-135897539907_thumb.jpg

Tab- good for you for sticking with your classes, even though some of them are boring. I know you can do this, so keep it up !

Jude -your baby rr ir really pretty . I like the colors !

Marisa- thanks for the cake picture ! Very pretty ,and just how do you make it, I have never heard of it before .

Tam- good choice for ripple colors. Those are our town colors too .It'll look pretty when done .

Diane- I have a kindle too, arent they just the coolest ? I finally got to SEE a NOOK yesterday. I stopped at a yard sale and the lady was reading itr there. They are cute -- maybe a TINY bit smaller, but not barely,but they are thicker by a little bit .

Lissa- the card category for this week is Summer ,so anything that reminds you of summer .

A fine good morning to you all,

Now that I answered posts, I'll just come in and blab for a minute .

I hope your weather today is good wherever you are. It's supposed to be humid with chances of rain and storms all weeked, but today will be the highest chance ,so it is grey out again today .

I worked quite awhile on my baby rr last night, then switched up and did about 2 rows on the brown giant .

I think we will have Cam this weekend -- it's still early so it'll be a couple hours til he calls probably, but I will check in from time to time today .

Hope you all enjoy your weekend and get some crocheting done sometime in your freee time .

We will probably see Linda hopping in sometime after her journey to her girl's . I'm not sure when her plane was leaving or landing ,but I think it was this weekend sometime .

Off I go to make another small dent in the ripple -

Good morning all!

Lissa- Your little tree spirits are so cute. And the theme for this week's card is "summer"!

Tam- Love the red/black/white colors! In addition to being your son's baseball team colors, that is also the colors of the NJ Devils and of Rutgers (my alma mater!) And did I notice that all 3 of the boys wear #73? (that's the year I graduated HS!)

Marisa- That punch bowl cake sure does look yummy. Like Diane, can you direct me to the recipe? Have fun at your Mom's and at the graduation party!

Diane- Glad to hear that Addie is back to her old puppy self.

Judy- Thanks for posting the link to the ripple you made. And I did find the one that Cheeria posted Here Great win by the Yankees and it was neat that Pettite got his 200th win as a Yankee against the Astros! And Swisher made up for the previous night with some nice plays in the outfield!

Julie- Rise and Shine!! It's late- 6:45 AM!:lol. Gotta get some cleaning done this morning so I'd better go grab a cup of coffee and get my backside in gear!!

Have a great Saturday Housemates and I'll BBL!

I see you are up and at 'em Julie!! We were posting at the same time again this morning!

I have a NOOK and I love it! DH has a Kindle- He bought me a Nook for Christmas and when he went to order one for himself they were on back order and since he has this thing for not wanting to wait for something he wants, he ordered a Kindle. :lol Both are nice!

Didn't start the ripple yet- but plan on it this weekend. Now that I have a nice start on the granny ghan- 3- 12" squares across X 3 12" squares down, I'll work on squares when I sit outside or at lunch time during work- and start the ripple.

Today is my mom's birthday and I'm heading back up there tonight, but have to come back sunday for a friend's graduation party, which I was asked to make my Punch Bowl Cake for....so I put it together after work since I won't have time sunday between coming back from my parents and heading to the party.

So, I took a pic of the cake :D:lol It's a very refreshing dessert and is ALWAYS a big hit at any event.

Wow! What a cake!!

I finished two tiny projects today. There's an anime movie called Princess Mononoke. And on it they have these ADORABLE little tree spirits. I'm attaching a photo of the tree spirits AND my two little crocheted ones

That is amazing! You're very good:yes

I love that turqua, it really is pretty. I've used it alot, also the purple....my kinda colors.

Most of the time, the brighter the better as far as I;m concerned :hook

Thanks to those of you that asked. Addie is doing very well. The vet called today and said to stop the meds now and we'll see if the problem returns. She does have an extra lumbar vertebrae but he said that shouldn't be a problem, but she does have a problem with the bone where her tail is connected to her hips (can't remember what he called it), anyway he said it was deviated but he is unsure if it will cause a problem. So now we are just in observation mode, but she is acting just like a pup again.:dog

Well, :yawn I think I will make a cup of tea and read for awhile. :book I love my Kindle. Most of the classics like Dickens, Eliot, Austen and Bronte are all free downloads. Have a good weekend, Ladies. TTYL

That's such good news about Addie! What kind of dog? From the sound of the problem I'm thinking a dachsund or something similar?

Oh....I may have to put a Kindle on my Christmas list...or a Nook....the jury is still out for me. It would certainly make hubby happier about not having book clutter - and to have the classics FREE!:c9

Thanks for the compliments on the RR, gals!

On the new ripple, I did think I was going to make the one Cheeria linked to, Joanne, but found my copy of Lucy's ripple (Attic24) and decided to go with that - looks good already - once I figured out a good starting chain for a baby ghan size:lol

Yankees did really good last night! Tex is hitting too! Swisher is such a nice guy...good to see him working well in the field.:yes

Off to start my day!

BBL!

Joanne-

Your post was the first I saw when I checked back in, and I'm like Wait a Minute !! I already posted !!

I posted at 6:38, so beat you by a few minutes ! We are the early birds in the group .:D

It sounds like you have a good plan in place for the granny/ripple ,so you can do both . Glad to have you along !

And from what I could see ,the nook and kindle are both a lot alike--almost the same size-although the nook may be a TINY bit smaller square total,but the screen looks the same size .The kindle seems a little thinner than the nook . They are both very nice. I was excited to see a nook in person-- never saw one before .

And JUDE- if you love the classics, these are for you . I dont know what the free book setup is with nook,but with kindle ,you can download free classics til your eyeballs fall out .

Jude- I'm sure you'll pick out some cute colors for your baby ripple- you are good at the color-choosing !

And from what I could see ,the nook and kindle are both a lot alike--almost the same size-although the nook may be a TINY bit smaller square total,but the screen looks the same size .The kindle seems a little thinner than the nook . They are both very nice. I was excited to see a nook in person-- never saw one before .

And JUDE- if you love the classics, these are for you . I dont know what the free book setup is with nook,but with kindle ,you can download free classics til your eyeballs fall out .

I may be shameless and ask for one for Christmas...:devil:devil:devil:devil I do like new gadgets:lol

Jude- I'm sure you'll pick out some cute colors for your baby ripple- you are good at the color-choosing !

I had some ILTY left from the RR so I'm using that for the baby ripple. It's going to be mainly Turqua:hook

***BTW:

I have a list of things I want to get accomplished around the house...so if I'm scarce for a couple of days please know I haven't fallen off the edge of the earth!:lol

I'll be baaaaaaack....;)

Jude

Thanks for letting uss know so we wont worry if we dont see you for awhile .

Be shamless and get a Kindle or Nook now . They are well worth the money,and once you buy it,you can get all the free books you want. There are many online sites that work for the Sony Reader, not sure if they work with Kindle or Nook.

I have lots of books on my Kindle, so havent had the necessity to try to figure out how to download any online books onto it .

I know it's cool to order them on amazon-- just click BUY,and WA-LA ---- the book is on your machine within 1 minute. I like it because if there is a brand new book coming out that I want , all I do is click. No going to a bookstore, waiting on the library waiting list ( which Ohio libraries are pretty much going downhill quickly. I'm not sure how much longer they will even be around. The funding for them has gotten so low, many libraries have cut their hours drastically ... They say some smaller ones will be totally closed eventually . We have 2 or 3 days a week ours is closed, then a couple days they are only open for about 6 hours , so the kindle to me is terrific. If I want a book, press a button and it's here in my lap.

M~A~G~I~C

Yes it is, this one has pale pink, then a brighter pink, lavendar, a darker purple and then almost looks like navy. I love the feel of the boucle yarn, very soft and cuddly.

I'm thinking maybe chocolate brown and aqua.

I flashed on that initially but I thought it was Dear Old A$$ :devil

Wow, that looks so yummy and HUGE. Can you direct me to the recipe? :P

When I worked at a High School, those were our colors. I made so many things in that combo, but it always looks crisp and sharp. Great contrast. I'm sure your ripple is gonna look great.

thanks... I sure hope my ripple looks okay when I'm done

good news about Addie! praying that she is FINE!

You are a lady after my own heart LOL! I Even bought the original pippi movie on dvd

it's 3 am and I'm trying to play catch up with you all. The good news is my net WILL be back soon!! YAY!! By the 16th at the latest the net ppl told me. I'm so tired of playing these 4+ page catch ups. LOL

Omgoodness........... never heard of those before... but they sure are cute! LOVE the ones you made! :hook

Tab- good for you for sticking with your classes, even though some of them are boring. I know you can do this, so keep it up !

Marisa- thanks for the cake picture ! Very pretty ,and just how do you make it, I have never heard of it before .

Tam- good choice for ripple colors. Those are our town colors too .It'll look pretty when done .

Diane- I have a kindle too, arent they just the coolest ? I finally got to SEE a NOOK yesterday. I stopped at a yard sale and the lady was reading itr there. They are cute -- maybe a TINY bit smaller, but not barely,but they are thicker by a little bit .

Lissa- the card category for this week is Summer ,so anything that reminds you of summer .

Thanks for the compliment and encouragement!!!

Morning House, I had a great crafting day yesterday. It felt good to crochet, knit and weave all in one afternoon and evening. I was suppose to clean the house yesterday but I didn't finish I only have to clean the bathroom this morning I was anxious yesterday to get to doing my crafts. I started my ripple, I manage to crochet three row of it, it is my plans to try to crochet three or more rows a day. I'm praying I can stick to that. My ripple is 130 chains long. I was going to do it smaller but it would have been to small even for a lapghan which is what I plan on crocheting. I made a small dent in the knitted baby blanket and hopefully it will be done soon. My daughter call and want her mommy to come and be with her and the babies while her hubby go and hang with the boys so that is where I will be this afternoon, but I will not spend the night for I want to go to church tomorrow. For once I feel fully rested and relax this morning, I guess because I had a great yesterday. Yipeee for a ME day. :cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer

Cindy - don't worry about when you'll be able to ship the squares, it get here when it get here. I have so much on my plate right now that I will need time to put all the squares together, I'm looking forward to doing that. :hug

Diane - I also knit English style, I tried the other way but I find I'm able to control the tension of my stitches better. I'm also going to order the book that Sherri made her squares from. Her knitting is so nice and neat. :manyheart

I like the colors of your RR and your pennies too. :D I'm glad to hear that your pup is doing better. I love dogs too, I just don't have one, maybe when I move. I would love a dog to hug and love.

Judy - I'm glad you like the card I sent you. I do have to check out the AC Moore store in Holmdel some AC Moore stores have a bigger stock of yarn then others. Right now I think the AC Moore in Mid-state Mall need a good restacking.

Tam - nice colors for your ripple, those colors always look nice together.

Lissa - how cute

Marisa - Mmmmmm yummy cake

Julie - Hi there, I hope you have a great day

Joanne - hi, one day soon we will meet and do some yarn shopping and sit for a bit at starbucks. Yes I think I would really like to do that. :hug

and if I mess anyone please have a nice day. I'll BBL Hugs to all my house mates :hug

Great Balls of Fire !!!!!

I got my yarn shipment in from England ? The Lucy yarn ?

OH MY GOSH, is this stuff pretty . Soft ,beautiful bright colors . A big old sackful .The sent it last Friday,so it took 8 days (including weekend ) to arrive.

Very gorgeous yarn, very friendly service,and they are on the ball. You email them, they email you right back.

I just cannot say enough good about their company .

Allow me to put their link on just in case any of you wanna treat yourself to some gorgeous yarn :

http://www.countrycrafts.org.uk/

I'll see if Sam has time to snap a photo soon. His work is having problems this morning with their shipping system,so they have called him about 10 times already today ,and he has been on his work computer trying to help them from here,rather than driving clear down there on his day off .

SO -- right now isn't a good time to ask him, but I'll put the photo on when Iget him to snap it .

Also Cam just called and will be coming soon.they are running a little late,but he'll be here .

Anyhow, this ugly brown thing is going in the closet. I am dying to get my hands on my new yarn !

Good morning all!

Tam- Love the red/black/white colors! In addition to being your son's baseball team colors, that is also the colors of the NJ Devils and of Rutgers (my alma mater!) And did I notice that all 3 of the boys wear #73? (that's the year I graduated HS!)

Have a great Saturday Housemates and I'll BBL!

Thanks hon!

The boys are wearing their grandpa (my daddy) on their backs! Daddy was the 73rd heart transplant paitent in the hospital he was in. We had 10 more absolutely wonderful years with him because of that new heart!!!

So the boys carry grandpa around with them to every game!

Jude

Thanks for letting uss know so we wont worry if we dont see you for awhile .

Be shamless and get a Kindle or Nook now . They are well worth the money,and once you buy it,you can get all the free books you want. There are many online sites that work for the Sony Reader, not sure if they work with Kindle or Nook.

I have lots of books on my Kindle, so havent had the necessity to try to figure out how to download any online books onto it .

I know it's cool to order them on amazon-- just click BUY,and WA-LA ---- the book is on your machine within 1 minute. I like it because if there is a brand new book coming out that I want , all I do is click. No going to a bookstore, waiting on the library waiting list ( which Ohio libraries are pretty much going downhill quickly. I'm not sure how much longer they will even be around. The funding for them has gotten so low, many libraries have cut their hours drastically ... They say some smaller ones will be totally closed eventually . We have 2 or 3 days a week ours is closed, then a couple days they are only open for about 6 hours , so the kindle to me is terrific. If I want a book, press a button and it's here in my lap.

M~A~G~I~C

oooooooooooooooooh.... I keep looking at those kindles. I think it would be cool to have one to carry books not just for me ... but the boys around with us. There is always those moments you wish you had a book to occupy your time.

Wow ladies....it was a long day, both at work and in here ;)

Well, since I put up the pic of my finished rainbow granny ghan last weekend, I don't have a pic for today. I did start my next afghan, but literally only have a couple rows of one panel, so will wait until next week. I think I only crocheted 1 night this week :eek

Wow, that looks yummy. :yes

Well... I'm late on catching up for the day.. but its been busy and I'm movin' slow due to my neck. Its a bit better ...but still not itself.

[ATTACH]22020[/ATTACH]

David..................................... Michael ...................................Patrick

[ATTACH]22021[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]22022[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]22023[/ATTACH]

Very cool photos, thanks for sharing. Go boys! :cheer

Awesome lil ghosty guy. :clap

Thank you! And I cannot wait to see your yarn....sounds like a great yarn. :yarn

I'm going back to the Yankee game in a sec.

Here's my 44 inch RR. I used ILTY from Hobby Lobby that someone gifted me a while back. It's for a children's charity so I thought it was a perfect use for it.

Pic came out dark....the turqua really pops and the purple is also light colored

Very pretty!

Wow ladies....it was a long day, both at work and in here ;)

Well, since I put up the pic of my finished rainbow granny ghan last weekend, I don't have a pic for today. I did start my next afghan, but literally only have a couple rows of one panel, so will wait until next week. I think I only crocheted 1 night this week :eek

My mouth is watering!!! Looks yummy!

Awww......:)

Good morning. So far today we've been out to breakfast with the in-laws and grocery shopping. I've put the groceries away too. Its really hot and humid here, and I think we'll be getting storms today. The sky is dark and the air feels heavy. Hopefully it holds off long enough for us to get the grass mowed.

I think I am going to work on some of my really ancient UFO's today. I have an afghan that I started at least two years ago in progress, and several quilts that are even older than that. The afghan is closest to being finished, but it might be too hot to work on such a large item.

Tam- yea those book readers are really cool. I think they may be the neatest gadget I've ever seen .

I wouldnt advise them for real small kids that might not be careful with it, because the kindles are really thin and easily breakable- I have read tons of stories on amazon about people who break the screens ,so it'd be easy to do if it got dropped,stepped on or knocked off a table . I have mine in a zipper-type padded case so it wont get broken.

If your boys are careful with it, it'd be great .

And that is such a neat thing, to have your dad's number on their uniform ! Great idea .

Archived