Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

JulieKay

Hey Jude

Glad you were able to get back in -- not sure what's up in here unless it's how many posts we have .

See you in the morning -- I'll probably be checking out now too, since I have 3 dishcloths to get done before Monday .

See you all tomorrow- and thanks for all the great photos ladies !

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Linda-- wow ,those pictures are all great ! The curtains look very nice ,are the door ones the ones that need rods at the bottom too ? Those would have been hard for ME to do, of course, I can't SEW at all, so anything sewing would be hard .

The dragon is looking terrific ,and the shawl is gorgeous ! What a lot of work !

And I'd love to see you modeling that hat-- it will look like a whole flower garden on your head !

A flower garden on my head is right! :lol :lol :lol And nope, no rods on the bottom.

Ok guys-- got Sam to snap my photos --

First 2 are of knit dishcloths-- one is a heart ,the other, I got the hairbrained scheme to make one for each nurse in my Dr's office --appointment is Monday 8 AM -- we'll see how THAT goes -- I doubt I'll get 4 done in that time .

I wanted to do them in their initials ,so I have the M done, now have an N, a G and an A to do .

Know what I'll be doing all weekend !!!! :lol

And last but not least is the castle -

Love the dishclothes, Julie. What a nice idea of a gift for the nurses. Happy knitting this weekend.

Still working on 63 square sampler. This is progress so far. Of course, Samantha had to test it out.

Love your sampler, Wanda. And Samantha is a very pretty kitty.

Just finished reading through all the posts of the day and admiring all the beautiful work that everyone is doing!!!

Julie- I love your knitted dischcloths and the castle ghan is really looking good!!

Tam- Again, thank you for the hook case:hug I love the start of the Cubs graphghan! I've never done one, but it would be really cool to make a NY Yankee one!

Judy-Even though you didn't post any pics today, I have checked out your work and the graphghans you make are simply stunning! Are you watching the Yankees now? Not happy with how they are playing!

Diane- that Amish Star ghan is gorgeous!!! Your mom is sure to love it!!

Cindy- your friendship ghan is going to be nice- I agree I like the white with it. And as i love snowman, (the fake kind not the real kind that require actual snow :lol)that knitted snowman dishcloth is really neat!

Linda- The sheers look so nice- nice and summery! And that shawl is beautiful- whoever gets it is very lucky indeed. And last, but certainly not least- the dragon ghan is going to be awesome!!!:yes. Pictures are a must of the Kentucky Derby Hat on you:D

1Wani- I love the pastels that you are using- it is coming along nicely!

Cheeria- glad you had some time to play today! And your 1/2 grannies are nice and that is going to be one nice ghan when it is done!

SouthernPeach- your quiltghan is really coming along nicely- you have been busy!

Marlene- Hoping that all goes well with GD

LeAnna- Good luck with the root canal. I have an appt on Tues for a tooth extraction- Had a root canal in the same tooth about 10 years ago- and the option was another root canal in the tooth which may not last- it's in the back of my mouth. So I'm going to have it extracted.

Julie- you asked about how many skeins I know how to buy for the large granny :lol I don't:lol

I had some of these skeins. I am probably going to make this a lapghan size-I've got about 22 rows done, and you are right, the larger it gets, the slower the rows go!! Not sure what i'm going to do with this one- I just got the urge to do something mindless this week. It does go with my favorite :crocheting chair, though :devil

I tried to do this post without writing anything down- So :think if I missed anyone- If I did it wasn't intentional

Have a good night HH.

Oh, Julie- sometimes it does take a while to go from one page to the next- and sometimes it takes a while to open up the thread

Just noticed that the thread is now called Our House. Wasn't it Happy House this morning when I left for work?:think

:lol I was too afraid to ask if I was losing it or not:lol

I just noticed, too. I think this is our Ms. Julie's way of making sure we're paying attention. :D:lol We love you, Julie! :manyheart

Cindy - I love your colorful friendship ghan. You do some nice knitting work. How do you make the snowman stand out more than the other knit stitches?????

The snowman part is stockinette and the rest is garter stitch. It shows up better in real life.

:yay:cheer:clap:jumpyay:woo

I came home from work today to find a nice surprise waiting for me. Tammy started a hook case ROAK and I was the lucky recipient of the "spring is here" hook case.

She not only sent the hook case, but the case was filled with hooks, needles and a pair of scissors.

To say this made my day is an understatement!!!! Thank you Tammy!!!:hug

Here's a pic of the beautiful case- the pictures don't do it justice!

Its beautiful, what a wonderful surprise!

Nice granny square afghan too.

First 2 are of knit dishcloths-- one is a heart ,the other, I got the hairbrained scheme to make one for each nurse in my Dr's office --appointment is Monday 8 AM -- we'll see how THAT goes -- I doubt I'll get 4 done in that time .

I wanted to do them in their initials ,so I have the M done, now have an N, a G and an A to do .

Nice work, especially those dishcloths. What a nice thought to do them for the nurses. You must knit a lot faster than I do, to contemplate doing thre more by Monday morning. It took me three evenings to knit that snowman one!

I love the look of sheers on windows:c9 And the prayer shawl is beautiful, as always. I absolutely love the colors on the dragon ghan, too...

Remember: we need pic of you in the hat, too;)

\

Linda, I was thinking that we need to see the hat on you too!

Judy, I found the black too harsh with my squares, but with deeper colors, I think it would be gorgeous.

And Joanne ~ Did you just add the 55 to your username? :think:) Oh, man, if everyone starts changing things, don't always expect me to notice. :lol

Uh-oh...I will just end up really confused if this keeps up.......

Good night everyone!

A flower garden on my head is right! :lol :lol :lol

Looks like you have a fan club waiting for a photo shoot, Linda !

Love the dishclothes, Julie. What a nice idea of a gift for the nurses. Happy knitting this weekend.

Thanks, they are fun to do for something different .

Julie- I love your knitted dischcloths and the castle ghan is really looking good!!

Thanks Joanne !

Julie- you asked about how many skeins I know how to buy for the large granny :lol I don't:lol

I had some of these skeins. I am probably going to make this a lapghan size-I've got about 22 rows done, and you are right, the larger it gets, the slower the rows go!! Not sure what i'm going to do with this one- I just got the urge to do something mindless this week. It does go with my favorite :crocheting chair, though :devil

Sounds like this one is a keeper then, huh ?

Oh, Julie- sometimes it does take a while to go from one page to the next- and sometimes it takes a while to open up the thread

Thanks -- i'll see if I can get anything done to correct that .

Just noticed that the thread is now called Our House. Wasn't it Happy House this morning when I left for work?:think

Joanne- I was waiting for someone to notice !!! And Mary was right on target-- I did it to see who'd notice,and also because Happy House is a little outdated-- I think Our House makes it sound much more friendly and welcoming,and it IS all of OUR house ! You guys help to make it that way .:)

:lol I was too afraid to ask if I was losing it or not:lol

I just noticed, too. I think this is our Ms. Julie's way of making sure we're paying attention. :D:lol We love you, Julie! :manyheart

Well, the name change got totally by me. Who knows where I would have ended up posting. =)

I was thinking that too when I checked in a few mintutes ago..but I figured I was just mistaken.

Hah !!! Got you all -- I wanted to see how long it took you to notice, but you guys are on the ball !!! :lol

Nice work, especially those dishcloths. What a nice thought to do them for the nurses. You must knit a lot faster than I do, to contemplate doing thre more by Monday morning. It took me three evenings to knit that snowman one!

Thanks Cindy-- I'm not sure about the FAST knitting -- it's not fast .. If I go too fast, I lose my place and have to start over .

Hoping I get them all done before Monday !!

It's rainy and in the 50's here...me and Joanne have the same weather...and I'll take the dreary look to the day as long as Summer has disappeared for a while!

Tam, I love making graphs....try and set a small but managebale weekly or daily goal for yourself.

It looks sharp so far:hook

Thanks hon!!! :hug

WIP quilt ghan "wind walker"

Here is a work in progress pic of my quilt ghan so far! I actually might finish it today! Ive been working on it non stop!

NICE........very NICE!!!

Hi Ladies. :) It's been busy here today! Photo Friday (or any day ;)) is always fun.

Tam ~ That is a beautiful start to your graph ghan. Can't wait to see it grow. :hook:manyheart

aww............thanks sweetie!

It's odd that HH won't open for Julie, and for once it will open on my computer. Usually it won't, and I have to use DH's.

Here's some pictures of what I've been doing this week. Two dishcloths and some work on my friendship afghan. My phtotography skills leave something to be desired, so it's hard to see the snowman on that dishcloth, but it's there. I did a different edging than the pattern called for.

WOW.............. GREAT job! I love it! All of it!

Hey TAM ! -Will give you a shout about the swap once I take another head count -

That would be great... thanks!

Tam- great work on your graph-ghan -- you guys are braver than me . I THOUGHT Jude would enjoy seeing that ! It is one of her specialties !!

thanks hon! I appreciate the compliment!!

You've got a super start on your graphghan! :clap :clap :clap.

Thank you!!!! :hug

Photo Friday pictures:

These didn't turn out the best, but they aren't awful of the curtains I've been working on this week. Four shortened and hung in the master bedroom and one made and hung in the office.

[ATTACH]19136[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]19137[/ATTACH]

Then one block added to the dragonghan. I've almost finished making the saltines for the next block, too. That'll be in next week's photo.

[ATTACH]19138[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]19139[/ATTACH]

Then there's the most recent prayer shawl. I still have to hide the tails on it and then get it washed and sent on its way to its new owner.

[ATTACH]19140[/ATTACH]

And last but not least is the start on my hat for the Kentucky Derby party that's coming up before long. More flowers than hat! :lol :lol :lol

[ATTACH]19141[/ATTACH]

OMGoodness................. the curtains are GREAT

that dragon'ghan is coming out awesome!

Amazing work... love it all!

Hi to everyone in the house. My daughter got back from Washington DC early so she picked up my grandbaby early now I'm free to play. Yipeeee. I did some crocheting and have to make two more half granny squares in the mustard colorway, then I can start on the cream color ones. After I make 9 cream color half grannies than I will begin attaching them. It is my plan to attach the granny squares together as I go. This will be my long term project. I also worked on my knitted baby blanket.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/12302824@N03/4505687089/

downsize[1]

Here is my progress for the week and also a picture of what the Half-Granny Square will look like once it is done.

AWESOME........ :yes

:heart

:mug

Hi once again house,

Here is the rest of my post:

Tam - Nice Clubs Graph'ghan, don't worry I'm making slow progress also.

Well got to run to make dinner. I'll try to check in again real soon. :hug

Thanks sweetie ......... :hug

My goal is Christmas to have this done!

:yay:cheer:clap:jumpyay:woo

I came home from work today to find a nice surprise waiting for me. Tammy started a hook case ROAK and I was the lucky recipient of the "spring is here" hook case.

She not only sent the hook case, but the case was filled with hooks, needles and a pair of scissors.

To say this made my day is an understatement!!!! Thank you Tammy!!!:hug

Here's a pic of the beautiful case- the pictures don't do it justice!

aww................. I'm so glad it made it there safely.... and I'm so pleased you like it! Enjoy sweetie!:hug

Here is a picture of the large granny I started this week--I have to run out for a pedicure and manicure now, but will be back later to catch up on posts and look at everyone's pictures!

oooooooooooooooooooh NICE!

WOW............. great looking dishcloths.............and the Castle Quilt'ghan is looking awesome!

Still working on 63 square sampler. This is progress so far. Of course, Samantha had to test it out.

OMy............... that is going to be outstanding!

And Joanne ~ Did you just add the 55 to your username? :think:) Oh, man, if everyone starts changing things, don't always expect me to notice. :lol

The 55 has always been there!:)- and signifies the year I was born- this year I will turn 55 on 10-10-10! How cool is that?:lol

:sun Good Morning kids................

Wanted to pop in and say HI :hi and wish everyone a GREAT day before we head out for the day. We have a busy day ahead of us today. So I wont be on again until tonight.

One of the things we're doing today is working on the bleachers in town at our baseball field. We've been restoring them. Hubby grinds the old paint off the steel frame... I paint and hubby and another dad puts new boards on. My 14yr old(Patrick) has been helping too. He's done good.

post-18634-135897520932_thumb.jpg

post-18634-135897521205_thumb.jpg

Tomorrow afternoon is Patricks first Baseball game. Oh how we love our baseball!

Okay... need to run. you all have a GREAT day.

see you later!

The 55 has always been there!:)- and signifies the year I was born- this year I will turn 55 on 10-10-10! How cool is that?:lol

OMGosh.............. my daughters birthday will be 10-10-10 this year too! :D

Good morning "OUR house"

Julie will sure keep us on our toes!:lol

Had to make sure the name wasn't changed again before I started posting:rofl

It is much cooler here today- but the sun is going to shine so that's a good thing!!

Have lots to do this morning before DH and I head out. We're meeting my middle DD and her BF at the art gallery where he has some work displayed and then heading to a Portugese restaurant for some yummy food. Tonight we'll be at the NJ Devils Hockey game --my Christmas present from my youngest DD and SIL!

Here's to a great Saturday for everyone!

Archived