Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

JulieKay

Julie- thanks for posting the link to the jar jacket!

I still haven't gotten this posting more than one quote in a message- I'll figure it out one of these days.

I love the Amish square Diane- love the color combo

Tralee- that baby blanket is awesome!!

I love these photos- it is very inspiring to me to see how creative and talented everyone is!!!

Tam and LeAnna- you have tons of energy!!!! I want some- PLEASE???

I get home from work- and all I want to do is sit on my you know what! I think all I'll do tonight is work on a few more mindless granny squares.

I wish I had seen the pattern for the jar jackets BEFORE recycling day! They are so easy to make- and you can use it for hooks, flowers, pens/pencils- very easy gifts. You could cover an ugly plant holder with some pretty crochet! It did beautify my desk at work.....but what it also does is make we wish that my job was crochet!! and not work!!!

Well, it is now 6:30, and I'm starting to get hungry- I like the idea of watching tv, crocheting and eating junk so I think I'll be joining Diane and Cheeria on that one!

Everyone in the house- have a great evening!!!!

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I finished a baby blanket for this week. I am so glad to be done with it! Now I just have to get through 3 testing projects, then I might have a chance to make another tote!

BTW~ the blanket is still wet in the pic if you are wondering why the pink looks blotchy.

Its beautiful!

Cindy- hope you get your computer working better .Sam is doing an update or something to mine, but it's still useable just slow .

I turned it off and restarted it and it seems to be alright at the moment. Dh thinks I should get a new one, but I'm cheap, and as long as I can make this one work, I'm going to deal with it.

Hey gang

For anyone interested, Jude had a good idea : me, her and Cindy have the book called Learn to Knit ,by Barbara Walker . Maybe some of you have it too .

She wondered if anyone would be interested in joining us to use some of the patterns in the book to make some dishcloths or facecloths ?

I think maybe even some of the 63 squares could also be used as patterns for them too .

If anyone wants to join in, you are more than welcome . It won't be a big-type CAL in its own separate area ,just a little something to do in here for anyone wanting an extra project to work on that might not take up a lot of time, but will give you some new dishcloths to use, or to give as gifts to someone else .

I will be joining in as soon as I get to the store ( probably tomorrow) .

I had planned on eventually doing some of the patterns as dishcloths. However, I've made over 30 squares already and want to make them into an afghan before I do that. Today I decided that I will need around 8 more squares to have a nice looking finished afghan. Since I am the worlds slowest knitter, I have a lot of time invested in this project , and decided that I'd better have something to show for all my work.

However, I may knit a few dishcloths from different patterns. I really like the knit dishcloths that make a picture. They are really easy too.

Hi, everyone! :hi Did you think I got lost? Nope, just haven't been home much until now. I really wasn't happy when the alarm went off at 7:15 this morning. I am NOT a morning person. Never was and never will be. Anyway, I too the care into the shop this morning at 8:30 and they finished with it at about noon. New spark plugs spark plug wires and tightened the connections on the radiator hoses some more. It runs MUCH better now. Hopefully that's the last of the fixes for a while. We've put about $1,200 into it in the last month and a half, but that's still cheaper than monthly car payments.

I went to WalMart and got rods and material for the curtains for the office this afternoon. I got a new battery for my watch. I went to the dry cleaner's and the drug store for John. And I had breakfast and lunch out. All and all a busy day.

I reached the halfway point on the wedding flannelghan last night, so that's coming along on schedule.

Tralee, your baby blanket is lovely. :clap :clap :clap

Hope everyone has a good evening. I think I've got a date with a movie and my crochet hook. :hook

Julie - oh no, that blog (Attic 24) is amazing. I think I might be in trouble. :D Thanks for the info.

I love that blog. I had joined Julie's Paper or Plastic CAL and made the tote bag from that site. That's how I found the jar jacket-Her blog just puts a :) on my face with all its vibrancy and bright colors! I want to try the hexagons, the ripple blanket, love the spring wreath! I just love it all!

Here's a pic of the tote I made from attic24's crochet bag pattern. I call it the Lucy tote :lol

post-27163-135897517097_thumb.jpg

I finished a baby blanket for this week. I am so glad to be done with it! Now I just have to get through 3 testing projects, then I might have a chance to make another tote!

BTW~ the blanket is still wet in the pic if you are wondering why the pink looks blotchy.

Beauatiful!!! Was it a test pattern or is it something you can share?

Hey gang

For anyone interested, Jude had a good idea : me, her and Cindy have the book called Learn to Knit ,by Barbara Walker . Maybe some of you have it too .

She wondered if anyone would be interested in joining us to use some of the patterns in the book to make some dishcloths or facecloths ?

I think maybe even some of the 63 squares could also be used as patterns for them too .

If anyone wants to join in, you are more than welcome . It won't be a big-type CAL in its own separate area ,just a little something to do in here for anyone wanting an extra project to work on that might not take up a lot of time, but will give you some new dishcloths to use, or to give as gifts to someone else .

I will be joining in as soon as I get to the store ( probably tomorrow) .

I DID "borrow" the idea from someone:blush

I had planned on eventually doing some of the patterns as dishcloths. However, I've made over 30 squares already and want to make them into an afghan before I do that. Today I decided that I will need around 8 more squares to have a nice looking finished afghan. Since I am the worlds slowest knitter, I have a lot of time invested in this project , and decided that I'd better have something to show for all my work.

However, I may knit a few dishcloths from different patterns. I really like the knit dishcloths that make a picture. They are really easy too.

Sounds like a plan, Cindy. You'll end up with a nice ghan.:yes

I think I bookmarked some of those cloths witht he designs in them...have to check my massive favorites list...

Thanks for the reminder!

Linda, I hpe you have enough energy left to crochet, etc. What a day you had!

Have a good night, my friends:hug:manyheart

Hi Judy! No, it wasn't a test pattern. If you are on Ravelry, you can check out the project there (I'm Tralee on there as well). But, basically this is the info.

I used the heart name graphing from Filet Crochet The Baby’s Room. I made it in sportweight thread and an E hook. I made the blanket portion using a V stitch. Then added the border.

Hello!

The kids were off today and I had a couple appts. so I haven't had a chance to get on until now. :( I finished my flower babyghan today, it is only 32 inches, so it went quickly. :yes I will post pics. of the flower and peapod tomorrow if I get a chance.

Julie~I give your daughter balot of credit because I couldn't move that far from everyone, ecspecially in another country that is completely different. I sure hope the kids adjust okay. :manyheart

Hey Julie-O. :manyheart I just finished the flower ghan an hour ago, so nope haven't done any other crocheting yet. I will be hunting up some bootie and hat patterns tomorrow. I need to get as much as I can done before April 18th. I would like to do a sweater, but that will probably have to wait because I don't think I could finish that so quickly.

Hey Tab

Shoot us some photos if you get the chance so we can see all the pretties !!!

See you guys tomorrow- I'm checking out too .

Gonna watch Kitchen Nightmares . I thought that only happened in MY kitchen when I burnt the grilled cheeses !

Hello west coasters. Let's see if I can find photos on this new computer.

post-13802-135897517102_thumb.jpg

This is the block that (oh see now I forgot) Pam? helped me make by making it herself after I got completely confused. It's done. It's not super pretty and there is an extra stitch or two on 2 of the sides, but whew. I did take off the 11th row as suggested to get the size down. They need to issue a "not for newbies" warning with that book!

And to Joanne (I remembered to write that one down) - I just love that Attic 24 bag. Your colors are great. Who decided the US and the UK had to have different (and confusing) names for the same stitch?. Oh yeah, probably us rebels. Ooops.

:whew................ what a day!

started out relaxing with a nice manicure.... but then got busy with groceries for tomorrows dinner ..... then off to the hardware store for the items I needed to created my tool for my project... :hook

then to the school to get the boys... home to get a quick bite to eat... change and off to baseball practice. I finally got home about an hour and a half ago! I'm pooped!

BUT.......................... I want to show & share a little something with you all.

I'm not sure how many of you have heard of hook knitting... or as its been called on Raverly ... 'knooking' but I found it interesting. I really didnt find a need for it since I know how to knit... and crochet.......... but over on the Dishcloth thread... there are a few ladies that were a bit bummed that they didnt know how to knit and some of the dishcloths being made and shared were knit. Well... I went and looked more into this "hook knitting" or "knooking" and found that yes indeed.. you can make a knitted item with your crochet hook.

This is what I made yesterday................

yes.......... it was knitted with my crochet hook.

post-18634-135897517121_thumb.jpg

Well... you see.... I wanted to be able to have a way of altering my favorite hook temporarily to be able to CroKnit or Knook. So that was the reason I needed the trip to the hardware store. And it was a success.

I have altered my favorite hook to knit with it... but am able to remove the alteration so that I can carry on with my crocheting.

As you can see here... I'm working on another square ... this one is being made with Red Heart Super Saver. I'm going to make several squares in this color and a burgandy ... sew them together and have a school color blanket with a Cougar 'Paw' on some of the squares..... :hook

post-18634-135897517132_thumb.jpg

So there you have it... my surprise project with tool... all shared on Photo day. :yay

:heart

:mug

Tam, that is really neat.

Julie, I lost count of how many squares that I made this week, but I have a total of 26 total made. Made a couple of yellow, a blue one and several green. Don't feel too good tonight, so I will post pics later. Good night.

Tam -

Wow, is that cool or what ? So what is the secret of how to turn your hook into this other tool ? What did you get at the hardware to make it do this ? That's a really neat idea !!

Wanda -great job on getting so many squares completed !!! You can post photos whenever you feel better. Sorry you aren't feeling well ..

I hope today you'll wake up much better .

My Saturday morning BUGLE CALL . :D

If I tried doing it this early in Tab's front yard, we all know I'd have my bugle placed somewhere where the sun don't shine ,so I'd better keep it quiet in her neighborhood !

I hope you all wake up bright eyed and bushy tailed and ready for another day .

I worked some on my saltines last night while watching tv --so hopefully will have more to show this next Friday on my castle .

Will wait patiently to see Cam tonite . They are supposed to be up for pizza tonite,then cake for a belated birthday for Sam . Will hope he can spend the night and tomorrow, but we shall see .

Not much else on the agenda today other than a quick store run this morning .

Our girl is spending part of the day with her inlaws ,who also live in our town, so we'll see her by tonite sometime or maybe sooner ,depending on what all they decide to do .

Not much else up here ,other than our weather has been wacky the past couple days . One day,snow, then it melts. Today in the 50's then back to cold tomorrow . Guess that's spring in Ohio .

You all have a good day .:)

Archived