crochet fantasy

mythunderbird

today i called the company who publishes this magazine as i had not gotten a issue since last summer, and was told the sad news that this magazine is no longer going to be published. :(:(:( when asked about the people who who had subscribed and getting refunds, i was told since i had subscribed to the previous publisher they would be doing refunds and most likely would be substituting a knitting magazine:eek:eek i don't want a knitting magazine:angry:angry:angry thought i would let ya know :(

Well, call it ESP, but I knew that magazine the way it was wasn't going to last long. When they started blaming the hurricane for not getting the magazine to print, that convinced me. Nice of them to post this news on their website.:(:no

i know, i mentioned that and that they still had a way for people to sign up for new issues, and the girl said they had not updated the website, and i said well you need to, thats not a very nice way to do business.:angry :angry

I subscribed to this and it was in the fall.. :irk I have gotten not the first issue...Do you have the number to call?? I want a REFUND .. how rude of them not to let people know this...

I had a different mag (different company) that did this. after missing two or three issues (bi monthly of course) I finally got a note that the mag was no longer being printed, and the remainder of my subscription would be a different mag that they made some sort of deal with. However, if I preferred, they would refund the remainder of my subscription if I wrote/called them. See if they'll do that for you. It is frustrating when it happens though!

OK.. I finally remembered to call about this today. I subscribed in June.. Only received a back special issue... 2005 I think.. Anyways... the lady told me she was hoping to replace, in my case since I had received nothing, my subcription with back issues of the magazine. She said it could take alot of time to work out what they are going to do so please just be patient..... I said well I can be patient I just wanted to know what was going on..

So you guys may want to call also and see what they tell you...

I was wondering what happened to this mag...

I never did subscribe, but I look for it everytime I'm in a store that I knew had carried it.

I had even checked the website about a month or so ago and it said nothing but the info for subscriptions :(

I used to really like this mag, but I wasn't sure how it was going to work out turning to a quarterly mag. This really bums me out.

Thanks for the heads up, I was wondering why I couldn't find a new issue of this anywhere. I had hoped to be able to subscribe to it but I was waiting until they finished the planned changes to it. The issues I have are very informative and demonstrated some intermediate and advanced techniques that I have been practicing in my free time.

I had to call this fall after waiting for months with no issues arriving.

after arguing on the phone awhile that they HAD cashed my cheque,the lady finally said Oh I see it here now,so snd so put it under something else..she said I would recieve the next issue.I had to argue again that it was a full sub.

anyway I did get three issues ,and have been wondering why I never got the last one.

so sad,it was one of my favs.

• 2 weeks later...
Gosh, I Heard That Family Circle Is Also Stopping The Crochet And Knitting Issues. I Hope New Magazines Will Come Out On The Stands.

Better Homes and Gardens is also stopping its Simply Creative Crochet magazine :(

Archived