Life on The Beach - Part 2

darski

Life on the Beach ensemble Part 2. :pinterest

The Orange Playsuit (isn’t it convenient that the painted on bathing suit matches my varigated yarn :wlol )

post-4896-0-58234000-1364344515_thumb.jpg

post-4896-0-18276100-1364344516.jpg

Bottoms
Small amount WW yarn and 6mm (or 6.5mm)hook

Chain 30 and join to form ring. (centre back)

Row 1: ch2,hdc in same ch, hdc, hdc in 13 ch, (2hdc in next ch) twice, hdc in 13 ch, 2hdc in last ch. Join.

Row 2-3: hdc around adding increase in 1st, 2 middle and last stitches.Join.

Row 4: work as for row 2 and 3 but begin to use DC at sides, Join.

Row 5: Work DC around making increases at CF and CB as you have been but do a couple of decreases at the sides to bring in the flare a bit. Join.

Work crotch area…
From join, sl st over one more st, ch 1 and turn
Work sc across 4 sts. (these should be your crotch area increase stitches), ch 1, turn
Work sc, sc dec., sc across the 4 sts (3sc)
Work the 3 sc for a few rows – as much as it takes to complete the crotch but on the last row restore the decreased stitch in the centre so you have 4 sc again. Join these four stitches to the Crotch Increase stitches at Centre Front. Do not break off…

Work SC around leg opening doing decreases if necessary join and break off.

Attach yarn to other leg opening and work sc around as for the 1st leg opening. Break off and weave in all ends.

These pants should stay in place just by the nature of the yarn over this small area. You could work a Design Detail Lacing if you needed to draw it tighter.

Play Top

Row 1: Chain 37, hdc in 2nd ch and next 3 chains, ch 4, sk 7 ch, hdc in next 12 ch, ch 4, sk 7ch, hdc in last 4ch. (these hdc form the lower edge)

Row 2: hdc in every hdc and ch along lower edge. …

Third Row: Sl up to neck edge and work SC around neck edge double decreasing in corner, work 3 DC scallops along the front edge from side edge- at centre front -and at other side edge, continue in SC around neck decreasing in corner. Ch 1 and turn

Fourth Row: work a row of sc around neck edge working cha stitches to connect scallops of last row. Decrease at corners if you need to.
Add a closure that works for you. If you choose to make a buttonhole loop, chain tightly :yes

The Hoodie
post-4896-0-54224900-1364344517_thumb.jpg

I used one skein of Bernat Softee Chunky in gray Ragg colour and a 6.5 mm hook. I use 3 buttons (added another after the pic)

I used a 4mm hook to make the pockets

Bottom edge, chain 38
Row 1: DC in 4the ch from hook and every chain across – 36 DC

Row 2: create ribbing effect…
*SC, fpsc* across but end with sc.
Note: decide which side looks more like ribbing and mark with a contrasting yarn for later finishing work

Row 3: chain 1 turn, hdc across

Row 4-6: chain 3 DC across. Use contrasting thread to mark out Front (9 sts), Back (18 sts) and Front (9sts)

Work Fronts and Back parts
Work 3 rows of DC across full section for Fronts and then 2 rows of 4DC for shoulders – just be sure you are at the shoulder side… (don’t ask) leave a goodly sized tail for joining. Break off.

Work 3 full rows of DC for back.
Work 1 row of DC; decrease 2 sts over the row.
Work dc in 3 sts, ch2, sc into next stitch sl st into 8 sts, sc in next st, ch 2dc in last 3 sts. Break off

Stitch shoulder seams together.

Begin hood
Join yarn into the Third Stitch of sweater front and work sc across to other side working 1sc in front neck stitches and 2sc in back neck stitches. Remember to leave off the last 2 sts on the other front side.

2nd Row: Work hdc across increasing in every other stitch in Back Neck Area only.

3rd Row: work hdc across

4th -11th Rows: Work hdc in first st and DC across row, ch 1 turn (chain 1 does not count as stitch)

post-4896-0-09643900-1364344518.jpg

Notes:
1. Starting with the hdc gives a better edge to the hood.
2. you can begin by decreasing a couple of stitches in a row from 9 on if you wish.
3. Test your hood to see if it will fit. If not, do another row.

Join the two sides in any way that works for you. I joined by doing a sl st on one side then on the other. Add a tassel if you like that sort of thing.

Sleeves: work a few rows of sc around the armhole openings.

I finished the buttonholes by stitching around the space between 2 DC.
Copyright; Darlene Cutler Jan 2007

I do not have a problem with people/groups using my patterns to make a little extra money by physically making them and selling the items they make.

However, I do not permit the selling of my patterns for money. I have once given permission for a booklet to be made of them for a charitable sale and I may do so again *if I am asked* and if it is for a church, charity or school type group. But first you have to ask.

Furthermore, If you choose to use my patterns as a money maker, I do not permit my images to be used for any advertizing of your work. You must make your own item and photograph that. These images are as much a part of my Web image as a designer as the patterns are and I reserve that use to myself alone.

Darski, thank you so much for sharing your great patterns! I am planning to make all of them for my stepdaughter for christmas next year. She loves Dora and has all the dolls and even the bed set. She is 11, but is mentally delayed and loves everything that I make for her and this will definitely be a big hit. I don't even have to worry about her suddenly changing her tastes like most teens. She is very easy to please. Thanks again!:cheer:hug

Darski, thank you so much for sharing your great patterns! I am planning to make all of them for my stepdaughter for christmas next year. She loves Dora and has all the dolls and even the bed set. She is 11, but is mentally delayed and loves everything that I make for her and this will definitely be a big hit. I don't even have to worry about her suddenly changing her tastes like most teens. She is very easy to please. Thanks again!:cheer:hug

You know, this is exactly what I hoped would happen with these patterns...that some little girl would be made so very happy that she could do all this stuff with her doll. :hug <-- give that to your little one from me.

hmmm... wonder if I could make a bed :wlol

Thanks Darski, I sure will. She is just so proud of everything you make her. I made her a hat and scarf for christmas, some bed pillows and last year I made her a quillt and curtains and a quilt for her dolls that all matched. She often loves the same things for years too, so you can add on to what she has. She is as proud of things i make as she is of things you buy her. :hug

Oh, and hubby laughs at me....I check every day to see if there is a new installment of Dora's wardrobe! He loves the outfits too and can't wait to see what you come up with next. He said he would have paid you for the patterns because he knows tiffany will be so thrilled. I think you could come up with a pattern for the bed ..you are so talented. Maybe you could use plastic canvas for the sturdiness. I got a hook holder from my christmas exchange partner. It's made like a book and she made panels and crocheted them together around squares of plastic canvas...an idea maybe. Hugs!:hug

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

I'm trying to make this hoodie for my daughters Cabbage Patch Kid, and I have read the pattern repeatedly... I can not find the "sleeve" pattern.

Right now I have the both fronts (after frogging twice), the back and the hood complete - but the doll arms just stick out the holes in the sides... lol

help please!

I'm trying to make this hoodie for my daughters Cabbage Patch Kid, and I have read the pattern repeatedly... I can not find the "sleeve" pattern.

Right now I have the both fronts (after frogging twice), the back and the hood complete - but the doll arms just stick out the holes in the sides... lol

help please!

just sc a few rows around the sleeve openings.

Not to be fussy but you should keep thinking while you are crocheting. Crocheters have a bad habit of turning their brains off when presented with a pattern and if it ain't on the page it ain't in the thinking either.

I did forget to put the sleeve part in but a look at the pic should have been enough for you to continue. Oh and :ty for letting me know I missed the sleeve notes.:hug

it really is not because I hate making sleeves :eek no really :wlol

• 2 months later...
  • 7 years later...

Archived