Round purse

CrochetCathy

That's beautiful! I LOVE the rhinestone in the center, it really sets the whole thing off. What yarn was that you used b'cause the sparklies in it really add to the whole appearence. Was the pattern at about.com? Well done.

Great purse! I know what you mean about the vintage patterns being tough to figure out. No wonder my grandmother could make something simply by looking at the picture!

redhead (i am one also)-I purchased the pattern on E-bay with the understanding it was "updated"--I found that was really not the case, but at any rate--I used Moda-Dea Beatnik yarn. The Beatnik yarn has thin threads of glittery silver and gold running through it. The only problem I had--was the yarn was not firm enough to hold the shape of the purse. I could have used two strands held together which would have helped. In the end--I made a purse liner with fusible webbing--and sewed the liner just below the top row and this worked well.

The middle of the purse i used a silver button and then encircled it with a round of silver beads.

I Hope this helps!:D

Oh wow! It's VERY pretty! I love the sparkly black yarn! You did a great job on it, it was worth any of the troubles that the pattern gave you, in my opinion. It's a lovely bag! :clap

Elle

Archived