Lumberjack Flannelghan CAL / finished ghans in Post 1

RoseRed

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:cheer Cheering you on! I can't wait to see the finished one!! this is nice to work on in the cooler weather, especially once you start joining. It's been hot the last week here in Eastern PA.... I had to turn the AC back on!

So... is anyone else getting ready for

'Ville Withdrawal Syndrome

???

it didn't happen today so now I have to deal with it tomorrow. Seems like a good day to go and buy some yarn... yeah that's the ticket!

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

an update, just started my last strip last night, the pic doesn't show the colours well, they are richer..now here is where I need opinions..should the border be mainly burgundy or green or a mix? I want to make sure it looks Christmasy.. I haven't sewn any strips together yet, after my yarn crisis last time I am waiting until all the strips are done O.O

tmpphp7CdJWj.jpg

I'm almost done! :eek

Friday night I finished the last strip and yesterday I started putting them together. I'm hoping I have enough black yarn to do a border. I'd really hate to have to order more just for that.

I'll try to post pictures pretty soon!

Anna :hook

it looks good!!!

thank-you and thanks for sharing your pattern, it really is so easy and quick and I have enjoyed doing it..I would have been done ages ago if I didn't start the dress in thread...its hard to go from the thread to two strands of yarn ..so I have been working on one for a bit then the other

thanks again :)

I love it Uboo!! And my amethyst one? I'm giving it to my niece for Christmas, but making another one for me eventually!! LOL I was going to keep it, but she just loves it, sooo....

I have 1 strip left of the baby-ghan, then I can start working on my 2 flannel-ghans, my hoody and the cross stitch again. :cheer

I started my steelers lumberjack ghan a week ago then remembered i still had half of an afghan to make one of my sisters for x mas so i must make myself finish that before i make my lumberjack ghan lol (must concentrate).

I started my steelers lumberjack ghan a week ago then remembered i still had half of an afghan to make one of my sisters for x mas so i must make myself finish that before i make my lumberjack ghan lol (must concentrate).

Awwww ppor baby. Oh well, buck up. the joy of Flannelghan will be yours soon.

:wlol

I have a couple of rows started for Dora's (maybe not my brightest idea) but I haven't gotten back to it yet.

My WIPs and UFO's are starting to take over again.

Oh amalin - such self control I do not have. I would work on the flannelghan and alternate it with the other (which is hopefully 1 strand) and this way you're excersizing your hands and switching off so they don't cramp:D

Does anybody know about how many skiens of yarn this uses??? I just frogged a blanket that I was making using 2 strands and was wondering if I might have enough to make this.

skeins come in different sizes. It takes a lot of yarn. Most of these ghans are running 5 - 6 pounds. No one's actually counted skeins yet as far as I know.

6 pounds x 16 ounces in a pound = 96 ounces

96 ounces divided by 7 ounce skeins = about 14

How much it takes: I will tell you that I bought 6 skeins of my main color and 5 of my contrast, the Bernat Super Value, 7 oz. skeins. At the end of strip 1, I have used almost all of 1 skein of the main color, 1/2 of the 2nd, and about 1/3? of the contrast. Since I ordered yarn specifically for this, when I am done I WILL be able to tell you how much it took me. :)

Amalin - alternate projects! :) Now that I'm done (just have a few more ends to weave in) with a baby-ghan, I will be doing this: Monday - green/grey flannel-ghan; Tuesday - hoodie; Wednesday - black/blue flannel-ghan; Thursday - cross stitch picture; Friday - pictures. Weekends will be anything goes, provided I am done with all my homework! :lol

Which reminds me...I'm supposed to be studying right now....

How much it takes: I will tell you that I bought 6 skeins of my main color and 5 of my contrast, the Bernat Super Value, 7 oz. skeins. At the end of strip 1, I have used almost all of 1 skein of the main color, 1/2 of the 2nd, and about 1/3? of the contrast. Since I ordered yarn specifically for this, when I am done I WILL be able to tell you how much it took me. :)

Amalin - alternate projects! :) Now that I'm done (just have a few more ends to weave in) with a baby-ghan, I will be doing this: Monday - green/grey flannel-ghan; Tuesday - hoodie; Wednesday - black/blue flannel-ghan; Thursday - cross stitch picture; Friday - pictures. Weekends will be anything goes, provided I am done with all my homework! :lol

Which reminds me...I'm supposed to be studying right now....

i sorta do that, i'll work on one project till i'm bored with it or i run out of yarn and i'll move on to the next project. I am so close to being done with it that i keep saying a little more and i'll switch but it never happens so with this one i am going to finish it before i move on to the next one lol:hook :hook :hook :hook :hook

The pictures are looking great. Can't wait to see more finished 'ghans. I hope you manage the one for Dora, Darski. I keep thinking I should do one for my niece's bears....

Archived