Lumberjack Flannelghan CAL / finished ghans in Post 1

RoseRed

I always have love-hate relationships with my projects. I swear they turn "snail" on me when it gets close to the end! LOL

I'm almost done with strip 2 of the black/blue one. Then I'll start strip 2 of the grey/green one. It's kind of neat having 2 going at once. In between, I'm working on that hoody from Bernat. I picked up...8? more skeins of that Carnival when I was in the Black Hills last weekend. So that's 13 skeins total at the moment. I think I will end up needing about 23 all told? I'll finish this one up, then get the amount needed for the other 2 colors when I know exactly how much I needed. What a pain. :)

:hug Addey...please kep us posted.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll keep you in the loop. Probably no new news on my end until next week at the earliest.

I'm trying to figure out what colors to make a mini-ghan in for my niece's teddys. (She asked for a blanket for her babies... and some 'winter' clothes, but I'm not sure I have the energy/creativity/desire for those right now...) I'm thinking of making it fairly wide and then adding buttons or snaps on one side and half the bottom to make it able to turn into a sleeping bag.

I hear ya with the 'end of project' blues. That last roung of my MIL's afghan (I'll post pics under home dec this weekend...) took forever. Part of that is somehow I lost a small ball of yarn left from an earlier skein, so I didn't have quite enough (was almost 3/4 done) to do the written edge. Ugh!

I'm finished the back for my Bernat Hoodie, I'm making the 2x/3x size and the back took most of one of the 10.5(?) oz skeins I picked up last winter.

Ugh....I'm making the 5X size (small top, but big in the belly :( ) and so I can see I will need plenty more! LOL Oh well.

Tomorrow I think I'm going to Cabelas to get either a new winter coat or some nice winter tops. I really don't have a lot to wear, and I get an employee discount, so we'll see. :)

oooOOOOooo Cabella's!!! I have such a hard time going in there and not buying out the store. There's a HUGE one about 30-40 minutes from my hosue (Hamburg, PA). You can see it for miles as you approach. Luckilly (for my budget) the last several times I've driven past it was either very early or very late and they weren't open. I need to go drool a bit again soon. (I'm a camper that never finds time to go any more...)

Well, I'm not going after all. No money in the budget, as we're saving to get the transmission replaced in the van. That's OK. :) There's always next pay day!! :) We love camping too, but with my DH's schedule (sometimes he's dear, sometimes he's dipsh**! LOL) we didn't get to go a lot last year. This year my son and I will probably go more (this year being 2008...sheesh.). I'll stop at KMart in Huron for a couple of (hopefully) inexpensive nice shirts.

I didn't forget about you all, because of my modifacations I am having trouble with the border, I wish I had just gotten used to the proper hook, anyway I had to frog the v-stitches because on my next round everything was bunching up...so my next plan is to just do a row or two of dc..and pray a lot.:hook

That's the joy of this pattern, it is SO flexable! Find a border that works for you and give it a go. Take a look at my original navy/mint. I did 1 row sc and 1 row of (sc,ch3,sc) around and it gives it a bit of a 'freyed' look.

I've just been lurking here admireing everyones ghans. I was wondering, everyones ghans are adult size. Is there any way to make this same pattern in a childs size? And what would be the best size if it can be done? Thanks for any help. :)

I've just been lurking here admireing everyones ghans. I was wondering, everyones ghans are adult size. Is there any way to make this same pattern in a childs size? And what would be the best size if it can be done? Thanks for any help. :)

I have a baby one on the go using baby sport weight, I did my squares 25( chained 27) across, and 12 rows, I am using a 6mm hook, hope that helps.

That's the joy of this pattern, it is SO flexable! Find a border that works for you and give it a go. Take a look at my original navy/mint. I did 1 row sc and 1 row of (sc,ch3,sc) around and it gives it a bit of a 'freyed' look.

thanks Addey I think you solved my problem your edging seems to be working out great!

It is my own fault let me make that clear lol

I second what uboo says about making a child or baby one. Just make the squares whatever size you want or need and as many strips as you want to get the size. I plan on trying to figure out a small one for my niece's teddys.

I second what uboo says about making a child or baby one. Just make the squares whatever size you want or need and as many strips as you want to get the size. I plan on trying to figure out a small one for my niece's teddys.

I'll be posting a pic tomorrow of Dora's blankie. I actually made it a bit big for Dora but it is hard to guess when you make that first strip.

I did this in purple and white.

Thanks Darski and Addey. My dh's sister has two GKs who are in the states. The girl is almost 2 and the boy is a few months old. My nephew is in the Marines so I know he'll be places where it gets cold. I want to make the kids afghans that grows with them. I had two baby blankets already made when they had thier first baby and my nil really liked them. Thanks again for your help. :yes:)

Finished!!!!:clap

IMG_0597.jpg

I finally got it washed and all the little ends clipped today. This thing's a beast!

This was so easy to make I may put it on the list to do for my nephew for Christmas.

Anna:hook

IMG_0597.jpg

I finally got it washed and all the little ends clipped today. This thing's a beast!

This was so easy to make I may put it on the list to do for my nephew for Christmas.

Its gorgeous!!!! congrats on a project well done :clap

awnm - that came out gorgeous! You're in the HoF!

Island Girl - it would be great to have you! You could always just do the blanket 3 strips across and 5 blocks high. this way you'll keep the look and have a childsize ghan.

uboo - I feel you're pain. frogging just plain stinks! I'll tell you guys a secret - that was the only one I made with that big of a border. I can't wait to see it finished!!! I feel like you're teasing us.

Addey - girl, if I lived closer i'd take you out for a stiff drink!

Island Girl - it would be great to have you! You could always just do the blanket 3 strips across and 5 blocks high. this way you'll keep the look and have a childsize ghan.

uboo - I feel you're pain. frogging just plain stinks! I'll tell you guys a secret - that was the only one I made with that big of a border. I can't wait to see it finished!!! I feel like you're teasing us.

I wish I was teasing lol..you know what it is, whenever I make something for someone else, I get too picky about every little thing and make myself nuts...

It is beautiful and it does look very large.

Way to Go Girl!!!

Thanks RoseRed. :) I'll try to remember :remember that whenever I start one. :yes

Wow!!! That looks soooo cool Anna!! It really turned out great. I hope to get mine into the mail and out to my FIL this week. (And the other one to MIL...) FIL is in the hospital right now. He went in Friday night because he wasn't breathing right again and it turns out he's got a blood clot in his lungs. Like I've said, is this year over yet??

RoseRed- I'd take you up on that drink any time! (Or just a chance to say hi for that matter....)

Wow!!! That looks soooo cool Anna!! It really turned out great. I hope to get mine into the mail and out to my FIL this week. (And the other one to MIL...) FIL is in the hospital right now. He went in Friday night because he wasn't breathing right again and it turns out he's got a blood clot in his lungs. Like I've said, is this year over yet??

RoseRed- I'd take you up on that drink any time! (Or just a chance to say hi for that matter....)

sorry to hear about your fil, try not to worry too much, which is near impossible I know.

My Mom had a clot in her lung, the main things is they know it's there and can break it up..it's when they don't know..

With Mom she was given blood thinners and monitored and she was fine..

It did take some time though.

Let us know how he is doing :hug

I'll let everyone know as soon as I know. I was just impressed to all anything that MIL actually called us this time! (We usually don't know anything has happened until he's home again....)

Like I've said several times alread, 2008 has got to be better!

Archived