Hats for my boys

01buckler15

My baby boy needed a hat so I made him one. This is the only type of hat he will keep on. :)

Then my older son wanted one so I made it for his birthday. The first one was too big so I gave it to my husband and made my son another.

I loved making these because they were so quick.:yay I made the one for the baby wile he was taking a nap. Then I made the two pictured here wile on a 6 hr long car trip. I couldn't get a picture with the baby in his hat :( he is still a little sick. So this is my husband and oldest son.

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q186/01buckler15/CroHats.jpg

Just though I would show them off. The family loves them. And I even have an order for another one.

Yes, I used a pattern. :cheer It's really simple and I didn't even have to look at it for hat two and three. I did deviate from the pattern a little though. I left off rows 12-15, and a few rows at the end, to make it smaller for the kids. I used worsted weight yarn from Red Heart. And I used a size G hook instead of J.

:D The pattern was a free pattern from: http://cbaj26crochet.googlepages.com/htm-freePatterns-skaterHat.htm

Wow they are great!! I thought about making a crochet hat for my son. He is 12 and usually dont want to wear crochet things...he thinks he´s to old for that....but this hat looks like the knitted (bought) one, he is wearing now.....:clap:clap

You did it great, I like it totally!!

Thank you very much for sharing the pattern!:hug

edit: I corrected my misspellings :blush

Right now I showed it to my son - and he likes it!:applause

Cant wait to start with it, but my printer is defect, so I have to crochet infront of the computer ore to wait...:(

But fact is, he likes it :D

:ty For all the compliments. This is the only type of hat that the baby will keep on. :clap My husband wanted his to wear under his hardhat at work. :construct And my older son loves it when I make anything for him. :c9 He is still in that stage. ;) I figured that I ought to take advantage of this wile I can. He won't like that kind of stuff soon. :eek

Archived