STASH BUSTING crochet-along GAME!! ****CLOSED FOR 2007 ****

Krystal16

I bought 6 skeins of yarn yesterday at Walmart, but they're all already spoken for! ::coff:: BUT, I was in JoAnn's today & only bought a book, some pins & googly eyes (the sew on kind) for 10¢ per pkg of 4! Seeeeeee... I CAN restrain! :rofl

AND my lot on ebay finished last night, soon as I ship it out I'll have lots points! Prob'ly be the only time too :lol

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did you count ALLLLL those skeins, Nght?

How many points are in that box, huh?

I saw that it sold - did you get enough of your money back?

I counted them for the auction, lemme go look.....

Kk.. there are 370 full skeins & 90 partials! Plus the kits which I didn't count, the one is still sealed, so I dunno what's in it! :lol

It sold for $153... so about ¼ of the money back for about ⅓ of the yarn... s'ok with me, it's movin' out!! And she said a bunch of it will go for charity work, it's all good with me. :)

I bought 8 skeins today for afghans I'm doing so hopefully they will go fast this month so that's a -16 and then I made a skein a ball for +1 so a total of -11 for the month so far.

Nght, I'm really glad I didn't see your lot on eBay. I've been staunchly avoiding it because I do NOT need any more yarn. My room is about overflowing and I'm going to be making a HUGE purchase for my holiday gifts soon enough.

Let's see...the good I've done this week... not much I'll say. I gifted 4 skeins of yarn. I used 1 skein. I actually didn't buy any!!

So, so far, +10!!! Good for me! hopefully I'll get a lot out this week. I'm finishing my gargoyle finally AND doing a cute quick top for a music thing I'm going to in two weeks. Then, it's some granny work again!

I sent 5 skeins out the door to a swap partner so +10 for me. Yay already almost back into the positives from this last yarn purchase.

While visiting my mom today, she gave me 26 skeins and 6 half skeins, so that's -31 points!!! OH NO~!!! Too much yarn! Now I can do so much!

I just joined Crochetville. Is it too late to join the stash busting CAL???? Compared to most of your stashes mine is little, but it is everywhere in my house. A skein here and skein there, even 2 skeins in the bathroom:laughroll

I need help getting it under control and out of my house

Gina

Welcome Gina!

You are absolutely welcome to join. I think stash size is relative to space. I live in a fairly small two bedroom apartment with my best friend. We are both avid costumers, seamtresses, and general collectors of Stuff. I also crochet. So, really my smallish stash is nearly uncontainable because it interferes with the sewing stash. I also have an eBay habit. We should have an eBay support group around here.

Hi, my name is Renee and I am addicted to eBay.

Also, I finished 1 ball and 1 skein tonight, so that's +3 on my points! Whee!!!

I used 1 skein and turned 5 into balls (+7) on my smilie afghan. I can't decide if I should by neon orange and yellow, or just stay with neon pink, blue, green and purple. I may need more black. I'm a little short on cash, so I'll be good for the next couple of weeks.

Ellie 13

Got 6 skeins down for a skirt/shrug set. :yay

Used up 2 skeins for purse swap bag. :jumpyay

Used up 2 skeins for side to side cardigan :cheer

+20 for me this week so far :woo

I still feel like it's cheating to add (or subtract in this case:lol ) yarn that I send out! But alas, this might be the only thing that helps to bring my score down! :blush

The ebay lot is officially sent off... 370 full skeins & 90 partials means +830 for me! :yay

Look'it my YTD, still!! :oops I need help... I really do.

Wow, Nght, You'll probably get the Gold Award for once around here! I'm sure glad I didn't see that lot on eBay, because I wouldn't have been able to resist!

I'll edit my post later with what I get done tonight!!!

I used up three skeins in a afghan for Care Wear Volunteers, so that's a plus 6.:cheer

But then today, the UPS guy dropped off a box from Caron. I had some bad yarn from them, and they replaced 6 skeins. So that's a minus 12!:eek

So its a minus 6 for my weekly score, so I think I am at a negative 2 for the week!

There's always next week.

Oh nuts, I just remembered my Secret Pal gave me 4 skeins of Moda Dea yarn...grrr!! :lol

Now I have to subtract 8 from my monthly total.

Nght, you will definitely get the gold award for May!

REMEMBER!!!!

WE ARE POSTING MONTHLY NOW - not again until May 26th

Yeah, but the WTD gives us a goal so when the month ends we will :yay (or not) with our MTD score :laughroll

I've been whittiling down some skeins but I'm going to wait till they're gone to count the points which should be a good count for me tomorrow or Monday at the latest.

I have TWO more points to add ! I'm nearly at the end of my Prairie Star, and my sandstone and light sage are finished. I rolled them up into little balls for my next project.. :D

:cheer

But.. I might be losing some points again... ACMoore has pounders for $3.44 this week, and I've never seen them on sale that low before. I use pounders a LOT, so this might not be a good week... :(

Archived