STASH BUSTING crochet-along GAME!! ****CLOSED FOR 2007 ****

Krystal16

So at the end of a week you add the weeks total to your ytd total?

if you have a ytd total of -3 and a week total of +6 would that make your ytd total +3???

THe only reason I ask is I see a few people with a positive number for the week but a negative number for the year.

I think I'm just confusing myself even more.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The way I do my score is:

Stashbusting score ytd

(#) last weeks score / Week to date - #+#+#+# and

this way I have my current score and my points as I go. My as I go and last weeks score should equal the YTD. It works for me.

I used up 1 ball today but I did my first graph EVER!!!!!!! YAY ME!!!!!!!!! (I'm very excited about this) It's just a little heart but I DID IT!!!!!!!!!

Ok, I have a blogspot for the pic.

It's at http://Doula4U.blogspot.com

Thanks for any and all suggestions to make this better! lol

ok i had a look an di think it looks great !!! this project really is a ugly blanket mine looked ugly too :lol its kinds all mished mashed up....if you like neat clean look on items this isnt for you ...;) but when its fimmished it will look better, i think because you are looking at it closlley when you crochet , maybe thats y u dont like it ???? mine looks better from a distance ....hey i have a idea:idea lets name the project 'MY 3SUB" .....my 3 starnd ugly blanket......ugly not meaning yucky....meaning messy, mashed up, mixed etc :lol

So at the end of a week you add the weeks total to your ytd total?

if you have a ytd total of -3 and a week total of +6 would that make your ytd total +3???

THe only reason I ask is I see a few people with a positive number for the week but a negative number for the year.

I think I'm just confusing myself even more.

Well, what has happened is that people (like me) were VERY BAD in previous weeks and wound up with a negative score one week. (thus, their YTD total is negative) This is because we bought more in one week than we used. Then, when Saturday rolls around, we add all of our weeks up for the "YTD" score, and our weekly goes back to "0".

Now, some people are adding their weekly score once a week to their YTD, some people are updating their YTD as they go - that's a choice you need to make as which makes more sense to you. The "competition" is based solely on your weekly score, the YTD is only to marvel at... :D

I don't think that ghan is ugly, BTW. The only thing that might "even" it out is to try to avoid having all pastels in one grouping and all brights/darks in another grouping... I think you're not liking the stripe-effect as opposed to the blended effect in Clare's... Right?

I have two more stashbusting WIPs completed. (Pics coming tonight) A scarf for me and a scarf for my daughter, all made out of 4 balls total in beige, white, burgandy and purple!! Now to add the points!!

RoseRed - your heart square is so adorable!! Love it!

OK...so I just spoke with my parents and apparently when my dad saw the scarves I made for Mom, he stole one cause he liked it...but now he wants to me to make him a bigger, longer scarf..and he wants to pick out the yarn and send it to me...I have no clue when it's going to get here, or how much it will be, but this is one time it's actually not my shopping at fault!!!

I have more points to add from today, but have to check my notebook for them...I can't remember anything and my younger DD spent the day periodically getting sick, so most of my day was spent jumping up to help at every little move or sound, just to play it safe LOL...hopefully now that she's in bed we'll have some calm quiet time and I can crochet some more...please keep good thoughts going that she actually makes it through the night sleeping peacefully, as last night I was up with her from 1:30 AM on....lucky for me, DH saw that I was swaying on my feet, called out from work and sent me back to be til 10:30!!!

Jessie

I don't think that ghan is ugly, BTW. The only thing that might "even" it out is to try to avoid having all pastels in one grouping and all brights/darks in another grouping... I think you're not liking the stripe-effect as opposed to the blended effect in Clare's... Right?

yeah that is a good idea, let me check mine .....well where i have a pastel i have made sure that is with a bright colour, i dont think i planned it that way :think:lol

Well I went to walmart today and got 6 skeins of yarn for the blankets I need to do for a friend so thats -12 for me ... BUT I did finish up 1 Ball Last night on my blue star so thats - 11

Pamela,

I did join the stash-busting game, and then I remembered I won a lot of cotton thread on eBay that just came last week hence my score. So that explains my score...stash-bursting!!

OK, I was bad. I went to Michaels and bought 5 skeins of yarn.....I openly admit I DID NOT NEED THIS YARN. I wasn't going to get any, but my fiance said I "had" to get something, so he started throwing skeins at me!!! I can think of worse things!! :rofl So I'm -10 for the week, but I'm almost done with my ripple afghan and then I can make some more daisies and those use up yarn fast........

ok i had a look an di think it looks great !!! this project really is a ugly blanket mine looked ugly too :lol its kinds all mished mashed up....if you like neat clean look on items this isnt for you ...;) but when its fimmished it will look better, i think because you are looking at it closlley when you crochet , maybe thats y u dont like it ???? mine looks better from a distance ....hey i have a idea:idea lets name the project 'MY 3SUB" .....my 3 starnd ugly blanket......ugly not meaning yucky....meaning messy, mashed up, mixed etc :lol

Sounds good 3SUB it is!! My friend really likes it. She said it looks like a bunch of yarn got together and decided to square dance. :lol

But then she also said it reminded her of Mr Roper on Three's Company. He was pretty tacky!!:::sigh:::: lol

Sounds good 3SUB it is!! She said it looks like a bunch of yarn got together and decided to square dance. :lol

thats hilarious!!!!! hey maybe you could start a CAL....i would but i have finished mine and i have other things to do.....but there were a few in this CAL that said they would be intersted:yes

Well, just FINE!!! I was very bad today. I was planning on being very bad yet very good at the same time. And ended up just being very bad twice over!!

I went to Hobby Lobby to kill time. On the way there I was thinking "Why do I never find yarn on sale/clearance like everyone else always does?? I am just going to go to HL so I can be bad. And be all proud that I walked outta there with nothing. Because of course nothing will be on sale." WRONG Found $7 yarn on sale for $2! OH BOY!

I didn't even walk in the store with a cart! I was just so confident that I wouldn't find anything. Soooo I was picking out all these cool colors for hat's for my daughters and their friends that they all keep bugging me about. I had a LOT in my arms. And I was proud because I did put some back. Then this silly lady in line behind me just HAD to say, "Wow that's a really great deal on that yarn!!" I told her to shhhhhh because I was trying to be strong. :D But I still ended up with 6 ish skeins. So that's -12.

Then, I thought..well, I am in such a hole. Might as well stop by the church and grab some yarn for my 3SUB 'ghan. And I came back with who knows how much yarn from there!

So yeah, I guess my goal is to be at zero for the week after I use up all this yarn I acquired today.

LauraLee

you naughty girl!!!!! shame on you :lol

just wait till i get me ebay purchase i am going to be in the hole with you,,,maybe if you stand on my shoulders and wave a really long pole with a white flag on it someone may see us LMAO

thats hilarious!!!!! hey maybe you could start a CAL....i would but i have finished mine and i have other things to do.....but there were a few in this CAL that said they would be intersted:yes

Ok, how? As you can see I am just a mere JR Villager striving to be great like the rest of you!

Do I just announce it on a CAL post and who wants to join may. Is it hard to be the person that starts that?

I might just do it!

Thanks for any tips.

Archived