STASH BUSTING crochet-along GAME!! ****CLOSED FOR 2007 ****

Krystal16

Here's a stashbusting afghan from CPC.

Scrap yarn ripple afghan.

Dot's Scrumptious Scraps Afghan.

Krystals Stashbusting Afghan!

Is it okay if I post all these? :think

Oh thanks for the info on the shoot the moon award. So that's not a good thing, then, eh? :lol

Tina

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Life has been busy and I haven't gotten anything done this week as far as crocheting goes. Hopefully this weekend I can get some stuff done and rack up some points. It's too cold to go out so that's a good reason to stay inside and crochet.

i'm trying that scrappy bear pattern and well lets just say my bear looks sick so far...he has no legs, no muzzle and since i didnt have poly fill i filled him with yarn(a good way to get rid of stash lol) and i didn't have the eyes so i just sewed some on and well he just looks creepy right now :)

DSCN1458.jpg what do you guys think?

Ummm...when I posted my score last week, I kinda forgot that I had lots of yarn/thread come in the mail. So my stashbusting score would have been...-36

And....um....I have more cones of thread coming in the next few days, if my big box comes today or tomorrow, ummm...my score would be ummm...

-200?

yarndiva~

:faint !!!!!

Well....what can I say? :lol I have about 50 1 lb cones of crochet thread coming in. If a skein is 8 ozs, then a 1 lb cone (16 ozs.) would equal 4, right? :wink

Oh yeah, I just remembered, I got another 40 on its way too, am I baad or what? :devil

I quit, I barely started this game and I can never redeem myself now.

But oh how my way to the hall of :blush is paved with yarn/thread!!

i'm trying that scrappy bear pattern and well lets just say my bear looks sick so far...he has no legs, no muzzle and since i didnt have poly fill i filled him with yarn(a good way to get rid of stash lol) and i didn't have the eyes so i just sewed some on and well he just looks creepy right now :)

DSCN1458.jpg what do you guys think?

I think he is cute, keep going! I am making one too!

Ummm...when I posted my score last week, I kinda forgot that I had lots of yarn/thread come in the mail. So my stashbusting score would have been...-36

And....um....I have more cones of thread coming in the next few days, if my big box comes today or tomorrow, ummm...my score would be ummm...

-200?

Don't quit!!! You will still be entered into the hall of fame with the SHOOT THE MOON award! That's pretty prestigious I have heard! :lol

Well....what can I say? :lol I have about 50 1 lb cones of crochet thread coming in. If a skein is 8 ozs, then a 1 lb cone (16 ozs.) would equal 4, right? :wink

This isn't how the game works - go back and read the rules on the first post, each cone will only cost you 2 points. It doesn't matter how big the "skein" is - it's still only 2 points. So see you can "cheat the system" by getting more yarn for your 2 points. :devil

Bookchick's right - a skein is a skein whne counting points, but it's like that chocolate cake - the more you get, the harder it is to WORK IT OFF!!! LOL!

I finished a beret, but it didn't use up the whole skein (was worried I was going to run out)...

Another point!

you guys crack me up. well lets see, this week I finished an outfit for my dd a shirt and top that took 2 skeins, I used 1/5 skeins to test a hat and right now I am working on a dress for me dd possibly for easter or just because. But here is your chance to :lol at me , I frogged the fuller shirt and decided to make it not so full and froffy b/c I didnt want to have to go buy yarn b/c yarn is like lays potato chips to me ,you cant have just one :devil . so go ahead and chuckle I did. I may even make a hat to go w/ it just to use up even more, he he :yes

My other cheat is, that since I started this week I am only counting what I did from the begining of the week. I cant for the life of me remember what I used,though I remember what I bought, but only b/c I got some fun fur for $1 each but I wastn doing this then so it doenst count lol. :eek does it???????? :think

Now I was wondering anyone figure out how to crochet in the bath, I think it is my lifes dream to take a hot bath and be able to crochet at the same time, w/ out getting my yarn wet of course.

I was thinking the exact same thing while I was taking a bath a couple of days ago!! :lol

Wouldn't it be neat if they invented a "force field" around the yarn so it stays dry while we crocheted in the bathtub?? :rofl

Now I was wondering anyone figure out how to crochet in the bath, I think it is my lifes dream to take a hot bath and be able to crochet at the same time, w/ out getting my yarn wet of course.

People can read in the bath, so I think someone could crochet no problem! You just need one of those 'shelves' that fit over the tub, put the yarn in a plastic bag so nothing hangs out, have a hand towel sitting there in case you have to get your hands wet...:idea hey...this could work...!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/B000787J0Y/ref=dp_image_0/105-1787535-8893210?ie=UTF8&n=228013&s=hi

here's a pic hope the link works...all you do is give it a couple of tweaks...a board along the bottom, etc...

:rofl

:think Now I was wondering anyone figure out how to crochet in the bath, I think it is my lifes dream to take a hot bath and be able to crochet at the same time, w/ out getting my yarn wet of course.

How funny, as I was cleaning our whirlpool bath I was thinking the same thing...

A styrofoam ring around a 2 liter soda bottle, top cut off to put your yarn in, (or the yarn could just sit on the floor or edge of my tub)

Water wings on the elbows to support them out of the water

Kids kick board to serve as a floating desktop....

What a picture that would be!!:rofl

well I don't think i'm going to get any more points this week, Darn my proteomics professor!!! She came into class and lectured for an hour, then said she wasn't feeling well so she would let us go early, just told us to go to the webpage and read all the supplemental readings that she wasn't going to cover in class, which is fine... or so I thought, then I got home and decided to get the reading over with, well see there were five links there, 129 pages, 47 pages, 37 pages, 22 pages, and 18 pages... how is that equal to letting us out of class one hour early?!?!?!!!!:eek :eek I mean I can read pretty fast, but these are even novels!!

ugh... :angry

Hopefully Ill get a little more time in for yarn stuff this weekend but its not looking good:no :no :no :no

:nahnahI might have an advantage on you all :danceif I took a tv tray or some sort of tray and rested it on my 7.5 month prego belly, I would be clear of the water by a few inches :woo, Yeah my luck the baby would kick it off into the water. lol :elle

sorry I had to add the dancing elephant he is really cute and funny

You guys are totally funny! I can "understand" the deep desire to bathe and crochet at the same time. I would personally like to read novels and crochet at the same time. I hate bath's. I have never had a bathtub big enough in my whole life that fit all of me in it at the same time. There were always cold 'parts'. The last time I tried I think I was hugely pregnant trying to relieve back pains....didn't work.

BUT reading and crocheting....that would awesome!:c9 For me its either one or the other. Even if I can crochet without watching what I'm doing...I still have to be able to concentrate on the words!:(

Man...now I feeling like multi-task failure....???

So hubby and I actually get a night away and have a whirlpool suite....this bathtub better fit me!

I actually tried to crochet in the bath tub a couple times. My yarn did get wet and it was too hard trying to keep it out of the water. But... if you got a 2-liter, and a board.... hmmm... :)

Becca- is that 'grandmas scrappy bear'? Wait til you get the nose and the ears on, it might look different! Did you try just sewing some of those black pearl buttons on for eyes? That might look better, too. (Not that the eyes you have on don't...)

I have two balls down. Is that two points? :yarn :yarn

Tina

DSCN1459.jpg

He's done! and even though still a little creepy it looks like a bear so i guess that counts :) lol My cousin likes him and at almost 9mths old she is the resident expert on teddy bears :)

Tina: I didnt' have the eyes or a nose so i just made them up myself out of yarn...i didn't have polyfill either so i figured yarn is fluffy...kinda...so i just shoved some in and well it worked :)

Archived