STASH BUSTING crochet-along GAME!! ****CLOSED FOR 2007 ****

Krystal16

I think I'm going to drop myself now too, because I'm finding it hard to keep track. And I've gotten myself on the right track, which is why I started. :lol No more unnecessary yarn splurges, and I'm working on making stuff with what I have. :clap

And this doesn't necessarily have anything to do with this decision, but my mom brought home a sack full of yarn she got at a yard sale for me this weekend! :eek:lol:blush

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well....my order from Herrschners came in today.....17 skeins of yarn for a whopping -34 points!! Luckily, the servers on my video game are down, so I have nothing else to do......time to catch up on my TV and crochet!!

DENIAL DENIAL DENIAL!!!! :rofl

Okay, maybe just a little bit.... I'll give ya that! :lol

2525847450026294795NazWIi_th.jpg (click)

But hey, at least several of them were just partial skeins. The lady told my mom who got this for me that she could fill up the bag (to the right) for just $2!!!! How could I object? :devil

I took a nice big bag of yarn on vacation with me last week and ...

bought 3 skeins!! In fairness, it was a working vacation, so I did not have a lot of time to actually get things done. Also, all three skeins are for my secret pal!

It seems this month is going to be yuck for me!!

I bought 2 skeins last night to make a bag for my mom. so -4 for me. LOL but when I get the bag finished I get those 4 points back. here is my DD modeling the scarf and hat I crocheted/knitted for my SIL.000_0039%20%281%29.jpg

I busted through 9 balls yesterday and gave 1 ball to my kitten for a toy so -10 for me. I won't get to bust much today since I'm doing thread and starting on a new skein for the 2 things I'm working on today.

I've given up for the month. After my mom unloaded a ton of yarn on me, she asked if that was enough. I told her I was looking for some pink yarn, so she looked around again and found at least 3 more bags full of yarn. I saw a ball of thread and told her to throw that in. Following that ball of thread were 10 more like it!!!!! And it was the thinnest thread I've ever seen, I don't know what to do with it!

Gotta organize my stash and get started on using it before getting more!

I actually brought some crochet into work tonight (last night felt weird without it) and have plans for it for my KSP. I really should do some homework, but I can't bring myself to open the files and look at how horribly behind I am!!

Hopefully I'll have some +++ to add by the end of the night!

hseger.....shouldnt that be a +10 if you busted them?

yeah I've been going in the negatives so long I've forgotten if it's + or - :think I did get it right when I took it off my score though :D

Well, I've successfully rid myself of 2 balls, which is good. I made part of a KSP gift and need another ball of the yarn (which is at home) to finish and a thin scarf. Whee!! About to start some other stuff before I leave in a bit.

I have been keeping my stash busting and purchasing listed on an excel spread sheet, I list the color used and if it was a ball or skein - awarding the points as needed. And on the naughty side ;) (I mean purchasing) I put down the negative numbers when purchased.

I have been doing a better job of keeping track of the numbers and I feel a more accurate count :hook

I am sitting at 28 points - and I am off for the next 5 days WOOT!!:manyheart

Well, I had to buy 3 more skeins of yarn the other night.....I swear I needed them to finish up some projects....:blush So -6 for me.....I think I'm going to have to call May a wash and hope that June is better....:think

Well, I did quite well at work tonight. I managed 5 balls gone.

I'm working on a creating a pattern right now, so it'll be a bit before I can finish more balls.

Nonetheless, +5!!!

By the way, I want to go back to weekly posting. It just wasn't the same waiting a whole month... :( I missed you guys!

I will squeeze out some extra time on Saturdays to do this - let's go back to WEEKLY postings, OK!?!?!?!

By the way, I want to go back to weekly posting. It just wasn't the same waiting a whole month... :( I missed you guys!

I will squeeze out some extra time on Saturdays to do this - let's go back to WEEKLY postings, OK!?!?!?!

--------

I can do that.

BTW, I can't post tomorrow night, so I'm posting now a -4 for the month. I'm going to finish up a ball of thread tonight or tomorrow on the doily I'm making for the doily swap. I doubt I'll get anything else finished before then.

However you'd like to do it, is fine with me! And you're right... the monthly thing just wasn't the same :lol Maybe you need a hand with it? If there's anything I could do for ya, just let me know. I'm usually around most Sat nights & Sun is always my day off so I'm here then too. Just holler!

AND, I used some yarn too! I used another skein of Luster Sheen on my cami top, then I was baffled by it, so it sits in a pile, in consideration of a frogging. +2 until then. And I used 3½ skeins of Baby Coordinates on a blankie for my boss's cousins new baby. +7 for that. I also used some partials on a scrapghan I was making, but I think I'm gonna frog that & start over again too :lol no count for now. I also bought more :oops but I'm not counting it until it comes 'cuz I'm not sure how many they're actually sending.

I'll be back tomorrow for anything I forgot or that I use between now n' then.

Archived