If my addiction wasn't already bad enough

Now I am getting all attracted to thread crochet!! When will it end? (I really don't want it to end, but I do need to start acting like there's more to life than crochet)

I really wonder sometimes if I am just a very obsessive/compulsive person here. I am really out of control with wanting to crochet every breathing minute. I have known how to crochet for several years, but I've never been THIS into it.

Please tell me I am not the only....please!!!!!

Suzy

(catch me at the next crochet addict anonymous meeting)

You're not the only one. I spend the weekend crocheting (and probably should have done other things... but...).... it felt nice to complete some projects (even weaving in ends)! So it's a toss up... I do thread. Yarn. Very little baby or sports weight, but have some scrap left over in my stash... ugh... and if I had more money I'd be buying more (I have soooo many I want to do)...

You're not alone...

You're definitely not the only one. Heck... why would Crochetville have over 10,000 members if you were the ONLY one addicted to it??? :P

Me, I seem to go in spurts. I'll crochet non-stop for a while, then get burned out and not touch it for months. But then the bug will hit, and I'll go mad again.

It's a vicious cycle... and the only cure for it is YARN! Lots and LOTS of yarn! :lol (Oh, I suppose some thread would be good, too. ;) )

Riiiiight, stash building. Oh I've gotten pretty good at that; however, I know most of you would put me to shame. I am starting to hide it from my husband when I purchase new yarn.

Oh and patterns. Eek. I am such a hoarder. You should see my bookmarks on the computer. Like I am really going to EVER attempt all of the projects I am saving. And I still want to buy more books.

Well, glad to know I am in good company! Thank goodness for this place :cheer:clap

Suzy

UM :hi my name is Dawn aka crochetluvknot i am a yarn aholic i guess it all started about 12 years ago when i picked up my first hook and learn how book and well the colors such pretty colors just drew me in and it has since ran away with my house and other objects that you can stuff skeins into (the car, under the kitchen sink the cat food bucket.. i am hopeless i havent been sober in 12-13 years and im loving every minute of it.

Oh I'm soooo right there with you:eek I went to Michaels on Sunday when the ad came out and bought a ton of Bernat baby boucle, now I know no one who is having a baby I just had to get it at $1 a skein. Bought 16 skeins, and candles, my other obsession:jumpyay

Joyce

Sometimes when I dig through my yarn stash I find things that were started a LONG time ago and I can't remember even starting it.

Sometimes I wonder what in the world it was suposed to be.

Oh my gosh, I did the same thing~ I was just looking at my stash the other day, you visiting for a short while, petting the lovely yarns, and I came across two different blankets, and I can't remember when I started one of them, the other was ten year, no eleven years ago when we first bought this house. Of course I have since used up the rest of the yarn on other projects, so I don't think it will get finished anytime soon....Hmmm wonder if Lions Brand still makes those colors :ohdear

you are soooooooooo not alone. i also am the same way, you name it i have it, patterns you say? omgosh i have in my personal possesion(not counting the internet patterns) over 5000 patterns easily, i have boxes and boxes of crochet books and magazines with patterns in it. i am a yarhaholic i admit it the amount of yarn i have would put a small yarn store to shame. i have yarns like you wouldntbelive, i mean, and yet i buy more, whats wrong with me, i need a yarn fix i think:hook :hook

you are definetly not alone!

sometimes i feel guilty of crocheting all the time but i try real hard to discipline myself to do what im supposed to do before i sit and crochet!

im into threads, since we dont have much here, i even dream of them!

my favorite list are full at home and at the office's pc, my print out files are also pilling up. now, i had bought a small plastic box for my threads.

im a crochet-a-holic in the making. lolz:lol :hook

Archived