Bed Doll..BarbieDoll..or clothes..CAL

acrhrttcwgrl

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This was fun to make and is not too bad for a WW effort. I am wondering about some Mary Janes to replace the hot pink clogs :sigh

dorasun1.jpg

dorasun2.jpg

dorasun3.jpg

dorasun4.jpg

I got two things together for Foto Friday, I'm on a roll here :yay

Love it!! I am soo bad, I start this CAL and then I haven't even started the project..well ok I have the pattern and the thread, but it has been one of those weeks..LIFE HAPPENS..Monday there was no school, Tuesday DH left for his new job as an Owner/Operator(we bought a semi) Wednesday..had to go pick my youngest son up from school..head lice..yuck...been doing laundry..then there was more laundry yesterday...oh and Mocha had puppies at 4 am...then today had to go get my oldest(8) from school they found him and another boy playing with a empty bullet off the playground...OH MY!~ Sorry needed to vent! But on the good side DH will be home tonight and I am not leaving my chair and hook!

oh ok........i am sorta in this I guess lol anyway, the other day I crocheted a little sweater ( from a preemie pattern) for my grandsons teddy bear. Since the overall pattern is for a 12 inch doll...... might work for the teddy bear. I dont have grand daughters, so no girly stuff to make right now. Will try to take pics of his Teddy with his new clothes.....wont get him till next Sunday since the weather is so bad here now.

I didn't even see this group until tonight. I've started work on a Cotillion dress for my DD's Barbie.

I've finished the bodice and am presently working on the skirt. It's red with cream trim. I'll post some pics. when I figure out how.

So glad to see this group. Now to keep up with every one.

Michelle in Southern AZ where it is pouring SNOW!!!!

We have several inches of snow this morning and the kiddos are in and out. Looks like we have a few more flakes falling.

I want to work on the dress today, but we'll see. I seem to be mopping up melting snow and making hot cocoa. Don't get snow like this in AZ that often, so we are trying to enjoy it for as long as we can.

I have the set of Anti-Bellum patterns. My older DD picked out June. I have all the threads needed for that one. Just have to finish one before I start another.

Michelle in Snowy AZ

That is so great! What size is the Dora doll? I'm wondering if it would fit my DD's 15 inch dolls. HMMMM

I had to modify the Cotillion dress to fit a rather busty Barbie. She's my DD's oldest Barbie and she has been through the ringer. Most newer Barbie clothes don't fit her, so I'm making her a dress that is wider and longer than the pattern calls for.

I'm working on the skirt now. 9 rounds of 280 triple stitches left. It kind of makes me dizzy. LOL

Michelle in Southern AZ

She is 15 inches tall but a good bit of that is used for head.

My patterns tend to be ways to make stuff rather than"follow me" patterns. you might get an idea of how to make your own stuff.

Dora outfits are so cute!I hope I can figure out how to make doll patterns-but it will help to have the doll to model the clothes.I will look around and see if I can find one second hand.Darski,thankyou again for the cute patterns!

Well, I just have to try the Sunday go to Meeting dress! But it will have to wait a week or two. Too much on the plate at the moment.

I'm taking a crochet day, as my elbow is a bit sore this morning. Too much thread crochet yesterday. Only 6 more rounds to go on the dress.

I think I'll embroider or cross stitch today. This is one of the reasons I'm glad I have other crafts. The down side is I want to crochet,knit,cross stitch,embroider,etc. all the time and God only gave me two arms! LOL

Michelle in Southern AZ where the snow melted away.

:bump we got all the way to page two :eek

Just to let you know that I posted two pattern parts in Original designs for this outfit plus a grey Hoodie

Beachday2.jpg

They are listed as Life on the Beach parts 1 and 2

Oooh, oooh, oooh!! I just found this thread...been laid up for over a week now :( Is it too late to join this CAL? I'm working on making up a pair of Gnome dolls (I have this thing about gnomes :yes) and I sure could use the motivation after not designing anything except the quilts for 4 years :D Contrary to what you might think, I actually like making toys best of all! Mama always said I musta been an elf in a former life :heehee

Oh Darski I *love* your Dora outfits!! They're just too precious!

My hat's off to all you gals that try those Paradise Barbie dresses. They're gorgeous! I tried one once and just frustrated the heck out of myself so I frogged it and made a doily :blush

Hope I'm not too late. This would be my first CAL :yay

Cara, :welcome aboard. This is definitely the place for you to be. I love all your grannies. they are just so cute.

I used to have a thing about Garden gnomes in "The Sims" had to have every one ever known on the Web. :wlol

Can't wait to see what you make.

Archived