Stained Glass Window Afghan Cal????

MsSunflwr

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm really going to try to get my white-edged afghan done this weekend. All I have to do yet is put the border on one strip, then crochet the strips together, then put a simple edging around the afghan. All the ends are woven in, as on this one, I did the weaving as I went along. I'll post a pic when I do finish it, hopefully this weekend!

Candy

I finished last night!! It is 51.5 x 55. I have no idea what I am going to do with it either. I am not going to make 2 more of these blankets.

But, I am glad I made this one. I have been wanting to make this pattern for many yrs and now I have done it!!!

It's not perfect, but here it is. :hook

IMG_3212.jpg

That's so pretty!!!! I keep wanting to start this but I'm going to force myself to finish up some of my other projects before I even think about starting this one.

Pam: You did a great job. Your afghan looks fantastic! :cheer You said you didn't know what to do with it. How about donating it to charity? Or if you want to keep it, it'll look very nice draped across the back of a sofa.

Alrighty! I finally got around to starting this monster. Instead of the fur stitch that I thought I was going to do, I opted for a shell stitch. The fur stitch was annoying me. I got the first couple of rows done. I'm excited. I need to kill off some of my stash so this will help out a lot.

CROCHETINGMAMA - Beautiful work :clap:clap:clap:clap

I think the idea of donating this to a charity is a wonderful idea. Someone will be very pleased to get it!

I've finally started (last night) on my third stained glass window. I have a huge oversized ziplock bag (XXL) full of scraps I'm still trying to get through.

I started mine and the stripe seems to be looking a bit wonky. It's thinner at the start than what I am at now. The yarns I have been using are at slightly different thicknesses than each other. Maybe this can be the first project I can try blocking at. :)

I started mine and the stripe seems to be looking a bit wonky. It's thinner at the start than what I am at now. The yarns I have been using are at slightly different thicknesses than each other. Maybe this can be the first project I can try blocking at. :)

Mine has done this also with using different textured yarns. Once the panels were joined, this wasn't a problem for my afghan, you can't even tell as long as you are using the same number of rows.

Okay, here's the start of mine. The picture doesn't show it too much but the dark/red end is noticable wider than the pink end. Hopefully it'll even out like you guys said.

s85084426.jpg

• 4 months later...

Someone posted a question to find the pattern for this... I decided to print the pattern on Friday, not sure if I would do it. At 2 am on Saturday not being able to sleep knowing I had a ton of scrap yarn, I started it. On Sunday night I finished 5 panels... don't be too excited yet! LOL. I did not weave in any ends (hate them:devil ) and no boarder yet.

Here's one of the panels done with ends weaved in

ascrap1.jpg

[it's on it's side and folded to get almost all of it in the photo].

I'm doing one black row between the colors.

Doing this pattern

http://members.aol.com/SAG55/stainglass.html

I'm thinking this would be so easy to do in one sold color. Maybe the boarder of each panel in a different color. Without changing colors and weaving in ends it would go so fast.

Debbi

Really:think it looks fine to me and I've closed the window and have come back (didn't log out of crochetville):think hmm. Anyone else have this problem? If so, I'll see what i can do...

Oh I did read back on this cal which I didn't do before and I did the entire thing wrong:( . I did what others did before, did 2 dc between the dc not like a V stitch... But I still like the way it turned out, sort of a granny square look with 2 dc instead of 3.

Debbi

Archived