Blue Star Afghan CAL

MiztrezzLyn

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am using 100% wool, I was going to try to felt it. I haven't felted anything before, but the lady at AC Moore and the label says this yarn can be felted. Don't know if it would work with this pattern, but was going to do a 9 patch and felt it to see how it would look before I try to felt the whole thing.

Okay I had to go home so I grabbed the camera. I was a little off on the colors I did choose for the next star. I looked at so many that day and I wanted to felt this star and see how it would look that way.

I highlighted the felt part of Ladykats' quote. Hope it's okay for me to do it. That will be awesome. Hope to see the pictures!

I did thought about the felting part when I feel ready to do the star afghan again. Great to know someone else with same idea.

It will be a while before I make another attempt on the afghan. I still keep an eye on this thread.

Okay I had to go home so I grabbed the camera. I was a little off on the colors I did choose for the next star. I looked at so many that day and I wanted to felt this star and see how it would look that way. Anyway here are the pictures of the wool yarn I picked up for the second star.

Star2.jpg

And here is the jacket for the bubble suit layette that I am making for my friend.

bubble1.jpg

Tracey your colors for your next one look great. Bet you cant wait to get started.

That jacket is absolutely beautiful. I like how the sleeves puff out like that. Your so talented.:clap:yay

Tracey, I'm not sure how this ghan will felt...I made a simple blanket for my GS dog, felted it, and it came out a bit wavy. The same brand of yarn, but 2 colors (one a varigated).

Just something for you to think about...:think

ladies, i have been reading this thread off and on for a while. the work on here is beautiful. i'm not going to make this one because i'm chicken but i will come back and look at yours. the colors are all so pretty. i can't wait to see krystal's and the bright color one. keep up the good work. thank you for sharing the pictures.

Well, I just began the drive for a comfortghan for JessC, so this one might be put off another week. I have to finish my green ghan before I start assembling the comfortghans, then back to this one. Off to clean my house so my DH doesn't realize that I've been on the computer all day instead of cleaning as I had promised. (I'm not a faithful cleaner, so I procrastinated until today).

Thanks, redbird!

I wasn't really gonna explain... and it's not like he'll be mad at me, it just needs DOING and I didn't want to stick him with it, as I'll be gone most of tomorrow. He's not an ogre who expects me to work all day every day, I just wanted to get more done than I did. Oh, well.

Hi Krystal how did you go with your housework and the ghans.

I did one granny block today then back to the casablanca. Tomorrow I will do more squares for the casa and also for the blue star.

hmm maybe mine should be called the bright star.

Ok going to bed now see ya all later on.

Well, I finished the 4th strip of my Shades of Rose. Running around today, so not much crochet time until night. Won't get a whole strip done today, but I have the rest of the week to do 3 strips and a few rounds of border. I'm still OK.

I like "Bright Star" or "Rainbow Star" :D

Well. I got all of the 9-patch-wedge-9-patch pieces attached yesterday and the little border around it.:cheer Started the half grannies tonight, will work on it more tomorrow. I can't wait to get this one done so that I can post a picture.

I am also really looking forward to seeing the bright colored one and the one that will be felted!!!!

Hi everyone,

I have been working on the bubble suit all day. DH and I decided to quit smoking today. Well, he decided and I went along. we both need to quit. So if I get out of line at anytime over the next several days, I apologize in advance.

Well. I got all of the 9-patch-wedge-9-patch pieces attached yesterday and the little border around it.:cheer Started the half grannies tonight, will work on it more tomorrow. I can't wait to get this one done so that I can post a picture.

I am also really looking forward to seeing the bright colored one and the one that will be felted!!!!

GO DIANE GO :cheer GO DIANE GO:cheer GOOOOOO DIANE:cheer

Well done, I cant wait to see your blue star.

Tracey good luck with quitting smoking. My mum is a smoker and she always found it hard to quit. I hope all goes well and you can beat the habit. Take it one day at a time and with you both doing it you can help each other. If you find you are desperate for a smoke come on here and talk to us, that will get your mind off it.

hello

the claret is in my hand

its darker than the picture but whatever i`ll work with it

the ball is 198grams i got 2 is it enough??

i still don`t know about the last color:think

Athba not sure it depends on what part of the pattern you are going to use it for. I know I bought 5 100gram skeins of each color and I have at least 2 of each left.

Can you put all the colors together to try and make it easier to decide on the last color.

I did one block and if you can picture the centre as bright yellow the sides as the bright green and the varigated on the corners with the bright red as the edging, its certainly going to look different.

Thats all I have done this weekend as I have been busy with the casa.

How is everyone else going.

Goodluck with starting yours Athba and if you have any problems we are all here to help you out.

Hi Everybody! It's been so long since I had a chance to visit here (12 days) that I bet everybody forgot me!:lol :lol Anyway, I'm so glad to be back. I had to read from page 118 to catch up with everybody.

Wendy you're first afghan is beautiful. And I love the colors for the second one. I think Bright Star is a very appropriate name. And won't it look fabulous spread across your bed. Very cheering come next winter.

LadyKats, the last time I was here I think you were just picking up your car. I certainly wish you all good luck with your quit smoking project. It's gotta be rough, but so worth it.

I have my pattern book. I've finished all 8 granny 1 and three granny 2 squares. Like Wendy, I think I'll do all the squares, wedges, whatever before I start the center. I'm off to work up a few more:hook Marci

Archived