Christmas Tree Ornaments

heart

Your ornaments look very nice. I really liked the white crocheted heart.

I couldn't help but notice your Silly Square. Where did you find the pattern for that square?

Your ornaments look very nice. I really liked the white crocheted heart.

I couldn't help but notice your Silly Square. Where did you find the pattern for that square?

Thank You both. I actually don't have a pattern, the first one has a knit center (I was learning) and just sc around it, then did a row of sc, ch3, skip 2-3 (?) around, then I did dc, ch1, dc, in the ch3 sps. I don't know the exact count, b/c of the center being knit. But the heart for both is here, http://melaniebug.tripod.com/suzetta's_heart_motif.htm and then I slst into the center, and in each st around I did sc, ch3, and at the bottom point I did sc, ch3, sc, just to show point. It is a great heart pattern. I have held 2 strands of yarn together and it is bigger, also have used #10 thread, and a #7 hook to make small ones to attach to cards. The black one I probably could write a pattern for, but the back is trickey b/c I just slst, ch3, in a circle around, so that I could have a place to put the stitches. Sorry this kinda sounds confusing. :think I'll post a photo of the back of the black one in that thread.:manyheart However, like the first one any square could be used, then just sew on or glue:eek , on the heart to the center, that would be easier.;)

Archived