lots o' scarves

lene

Ok, here are the things I've finished recently. I'll be making lots of scarves this year, to give as gifts at Christmas. <g>

This is a brown and gold scarf for my aunt. The brown is done using cha cha, and the gold yarn sparkles a bit more in real life than in the photo.

showcase.netins.net/web/o..._scarf.jpg

This is the fluffy red and gold scarf for my mom's birthday in April.

And this is a mohair blend windowpane scarf for I'm-not-sure-who-yet. In real life, there are varying shades of browns and even some lighter shades showing throughout the scarf.

I also finished another fulled bag, but will post links to pics of that in the fulling and felting forum. <g>

Lene'

Lene those are too pretty!!!

I'm currently working on two for Christmas presents later this year. I don't want to fall behind LOL

Great job.

I need to make scarves this year too. I made my youngest girlie girl a hooded scarf for Christmas and she loved it..I think she will need a new one for next winter season.

Keep up the great work.

Thanks!

And yep, the third one is the windowpane pattern. I believe I got the pattern at crochetme mag. (Just checked, and yes, it was crochetme. The link to the page is below. I love that magazine!)

crochetme.com/issue_1/alt...scarf.html

It *is* a nice feeling, getting a jump on my holiday gifts. The older I get, the less hassle and stress I feel like enduring during Nov./Dec., and by having many of the gifts taken care of in advance, I am better able to relax and actually enjoy the holiday season myself instead of simply trying to make it perfect for everyone else. I decided when I turned 40 that it was time for me to be selfish now. LOL

Lene'

Oh that red and gold one is fabulous!! All three are beautiful but that one is my favorite.

Have you seen the gift along thread in the crochet along forum? There are quite a few ladies participating in an effort to keep ahead of the holidays this year!

I noticed the giftalong thread, but thought maybe it was too late to jump in since it had already started. How do the "along" threads work, exactly? Can I just hop in at any time?

Lene'

Archived