Bedspread Bonanza

JulieKay

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Julie the Ps is swell and you are almost finished.:cheer

Brae, Heather and Melissa beautiful BS and great progress. :clap

Now for my tale how my dog ate my homework...... I've only managed to work 6 more squares and have not pieced them. :no

I was side-tracked when I saw the Stained glass window afghan.... I am busily trying to complete it as my daughter is waiting impatiently to have it on her bed. I am just about to join the last panel and then do the border. May not get it finished today as I have guests arriving.:(

Well I have an updated picture, but there are a few squares that I have not attached yet. I hope you enjoy.

http://photos.simpsonstuff.net:88/view_album.php?set_albumName=album16

By the way everyones work looks amazing, I am so glad that we have photo friday. It really brightens the week.

Darski, you will be missed around here and I hope that you still pop in and say hi if you have the time.

Dariski, You will be missed dearly. You brighten everyone's day with your wit and good will. Do enjoy your knitting group :knit and please stop in and let me know when I might have dropped a stitch or two. I don't might counting.

Everyone's BS are looking good. Jewel I I can see my blood sugar rising with all the popcorn, I love the color.

Fidgement~ I am sooo glad I am not in your shoes~ Feel better.

Tracey- thanks, it is slow going, but I am doing this for my Oma's memory so it makes it worth it.

I hope everyone feels better, it just seems like the crud keeps going around.

It was -24 almost all day, and then it warmed up enough to snow. It must have been frozen in the clouds! :D It's so pretty outside now and even though it's just after 11pm, it's all just right for having a warm prairie star on my lap. I think I'll throw on a couple more diamonds but just wanted to pop in and say

GREAT WORK, EVERYONE!

Ok, no photo today, I really didn't do anything but pull out my bs from it's hiding place, gather up all the yarn and put it near my work station.

I was laid up with my back all day so had a bit of a problem working on anything larger than a preemie hat.

Wow Knic, you have my sympathies and good wishes. It seems to be that time of year when everyone goes to pot!! Rest and feel better.

Jewel, you too! Beautiful work on the BS. It will be an heirloom when done. You get major kudos for working on all those popcorns.

Rest and take care!

Get well wishes being sent to those of you under the weather this week. I hope spring arrives early so we can all start feeling better !

Ines- it's ok if you didn't make much progress this week, you are so speedy, you'll have the other afghan done in no time and be back working on this one .

Jewel - your popcorn spread is beautiful .

Thanks everyone, who shared their photos yesterday and for all the kind comments made to everyone. It is certainly a moral booster to keep us all going on a long project . :)

I sure hope everyone feels better! :hug It's awful when you're sick - you don't feel like doing anything.

And Jewel, your work - and the color choice - are both absolutely wonderful! Keep up the good work...and remember, we're not in a sprint here, it's a marathon!:cheer

Yep... been there, done that. I have completed the Stained Glass window for my daughter. This week it should be all steam ahead with the popcorns:eek popcorns and more popcorns.

You can view the finished SGW in that CAL or in the thread COLOURFUL COVER.

I hope everyone who has been ill is beginning to feel much better.

Well, I started my daughter's bedspread last night. With her looking over my shoulder through the first motif. It doesn't call for a color change, but my little artist wanted the center in blank, then the rest in Red. I am not overly crazy about it, but it does give it a different look. I want to get a couple of motifs done then I will post a picture.

Yes we went to AC Moore last night and she piicked the third color for the battle of the blocks ghan, now she wants it as well. At least she loves my crocheting. but she has two left hands when it comes to crocheting. She keeps trying, but can't get the hang of it. Maybe it's because she has a mommy sitting there to do it for her.

Thanks everyone for the words of encouragement. It helps to keep me plugging along. I am starting my own charity with my neighbor and some friends and I have been trying to get a few blocks worked up for our next meeting. Luckily they are only six inches and only take about an hour so I should be back to my BS in no time.

Tracey I can't wait to see the picture of your spread for your daughter it sounds very intriguing. Plus I like red and black.

I wanted to stop in & tell ya where I stand on this CAL. I went to Walmart today & they had stocked there yarn again so I was able to get some more of the white baby yarn for my BS. I hope to get working on it soon again but first i'm off to watch my new movies. Have a good one! :D

WIsh we had a Walmart around here, The closest one is in Bergen County. We have AC Moore and Micheals, but Micheals yarn department is very lacking. And it is a new store. :confused Now AC Moore as about 2 aisles of yarn to choose from. I don't even see a point of making the trip to Micheals, when everything they carry you can get at AC Moore.

I got a coupleof squares done n my DD bedspread, and the center of the third. I am liking it better now that I am getting pieces together.

Archived