Bedspread Bonanza

JulieKay

LOL ... I just gotta say, homophobia is a 'fear' or dislike of gay people. LOL I think you guys are refering to agoraphobia ... something I've suffered from (literally) for years. I was fine after a few years of therapy, but I've been slinking back into it ever-so slowly more recently, definately a side effect of Seasonal Affective Disorder.

Brae

:lol yea..i know the real name for it...this was another one of those not thinking words...its what my kids and DH call it so its just become the word used.Im sorry you are having a hard time of it again.This is a terrible thing to live with and for all you ladies that have a form of it...many :hug.

Thanks everyone...but i will do this and get better.

Ok photo day so i will be back in a few with photos of my Casablanca.

Melissa

Thats not a good thing to hear since thats where im moving to,lol.Eny yarn shops there??

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have something to look at with my recent change in project. This is where I am returning to this project and to the Bedspread Bonanza with it. I ran out of yarn and getting to WM is a challenge so it was waiting a while :wlol Then I got to making duds for Dora so I am behind again, again.:wlol

I will try to post a size image each time but my Tape only goes to 120 inches :eek

foto1-1.jpg

foto1-2.jpg

Strolled by the yarn to look and see if anyone got desperate enough to buy the 3 baby-gag yellow/green yarn and GUESS WHAT ?????

PILES AND PILES OF NEW YARN !!!!

Yarn stacked everywhere ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The walmart lady said they got 28 BOXES of it last night .

Guess it pays to go to the Head Honcho . :D

Gotta take that man some cookies or something . :)

YEAH!!!:yay I am glad to hear they brought in some new yarn for you!

Now ladies I need your opinion. Here is what I have done on the bedspread thus far, minus the ninth square. I even took pic of the side so you can see what I mean. I want to make it that it will go almost down to floor, this antique bed sets up high. Hubby seems to think just finish the squares to go over top like it is now, which will mean another 11 squares. Or I could do what he wants and do an open work going down to floor. What do you think?

[/url]

Wanda that is beautiful. I think it would look wonderful on that bed with it almost coming to the floor.

Wendy - that looks awesome! Almost makes me want to start making tiny squares too.

Wanda - yours looks great too. I also like a bit of overhang, I can't wait to see what you decide to do.

Darski - that's going to make a beautiful bedspread!

Other than joining the squares last weekend I really haven't gotten much of anything done this week. I think my mojo has gone on vacation with Julies!

Anyways, I hope everybody is having a good day today:hug

crochet074.jpg

Melissa

Thats not a good thing to hear since thats where im moving to,lol.Eny yarn shops there??

Oh Yeah! Never fear. We have a Hobby Lobby, and a Micheals close to that Walmart. But really if you go down Franklin the oppiste way there is another Walmart there. I just never go to that store. We also have a Walmart in Shelby, they have a nice selection there. And they built a new Walmart over in Belmont, hmm about 20-30 min away. And they are planning to build a new Walmart right here in Cherryville! :yay

My favorite place to go though is Hobby Lobby. They have tons of yarn!!

I have something to look at with my recent change in project. This is where I am returning to this project and to the Bedspread , again.:wlol

I will try to post a size image each time but my Tape only goes to 120 inches :eek

Darski

That is gorgous!!

Wendy - that looks awesome! Almost makes me want to start making tiny squares too.

Wanda - yours looks great too. I also like a bit of overhang, I can't wait to see what you decide to do.

Darski - that's going to make a beautiful bedspread!

Other than joining the squares last weekend I really haven't gotten much of anything done this week. I think my mojo has gone on vacation with Julies!

Anyways, I hope everybody is having a good day today:hug

Jessie

That is beautiful!

I havn't gotten too much more done on mine. I finished one square and halfway through another. I will try and get a picture later this afternoon.

Darski

That is going to be amazing when done...do you know how big you need to make it??

Faded

I love that and the color is super.

Wanda

I think i would go to the floor to...wow all those puffs.

Windy

I love the colors you are using...makes it look totally different.

Melissa

That makes me feel so much better...i do all my shopping online right now so im hoping i will be able to get out more there since we will be living in town...im really excited about that.

Ok here is my Casablanca...this is the best photo i could get ...how did you do that Windy...get it all in the shot :lol..anyway this is just the horizontal squares crocheted...im going to wait till the end to go the other way.Oh and im crocheting in the tails as i go so you still see some of them.

bed-1.jpg

Wow, where to start ?

Wendy and Shay- your Casa's are fantastic ! Great work !

Wanda- the bedspread is stunning -I'm with the rest of the gang, I think it'd be even prettier with some type of overhang- not sure what though - I'm not good at designing things.

Darski - JUST BEAUTIFUL .

Jessi- beautiful square, beautiful color !

I hope I havent missed anyone so far, if I did I apoligize !

Great job to all of you - you are creating heirlooms here ,ladies ! :manyheart

Wendy~Your Casablanca is beautiful, the colors are pretty. :clap

Darski~I love your BS, it is gorgeous & will make a beautiful show piece. :yay

Jessi~I love the square & color you chose, beautiful. :cheer

Shay~Your Casablanca is looking beautiful too, great job. :applause

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I can't believe I bought some yarn to start the Casablanca & now I don't even know if i'll stick with those which are black, buff & cafe. Or I also thought about using dk. sage, lt. sage & soft white. Hmmmm.........I rarely use black & browns so I think I may just stick with those. :think Your guess is as good as mine but I better decide before I get started. :lol

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Julie~I feel your pain. :yes:hug Bills just stink, I wonder if we could crochet a house. :devil I didn't have the money to just blow on the mainstays either but boy did I want to. :yes:D

Thanks Ladies

Tabby

Thats why i did the colors she had listed...i never work with them colors(Warm Brown,Buff,Black)so i wanted to do it that way and it matches my room better to...the worst is the black unless you have good lighting...i also think the sage colors would be pretty to.

Shay, that is looking fabulous. I love how it is coming but just looking at those little squares is making me want to run. I absololutely love these casa's from my side of the monitor.

Jessi, what can we say?!!!! You are doing an amazing job and you are taking that square to a wonderful place. It might be nice if you could share that pic with the designer. Bet she would love to see it used to such advantage.

boy, Julie if this foto-friday is an idea you devise in the midst of a slump... just let me know what your next CAL will be because I will follow you anywhere after this one... :wlol :bheart

My WM has started stocking 2 pounders in more than the lovely Wine (which they don't have now). I got a white, which is nice for a big project - no joins :yay

They have a green colour that is so beautiful. It is a soft green, kind of like a mint that has grey-ed out...oooohh yeah :sigh. I think I will have to go and buy a couple of those.

Like I need more yarn... but I don't have that yarn. :wlol

This could be a big drawback to foto-friday if I start adding yarn because everything looks so good I want to get some and make some and picture some. Why is there never a med nurse around when you need one.

Photo Friday ... for me it is photo Saturday. I will be taking a photo of my BS as soon as the sun rises and gives me some light. My BS is coming along slowly as it is almost like working in thread as the yarn is so fine.

Wanda ...Looking fantastic and I love that room. Are those vintage clothes on show? Furthermore those teddies are adorable. I would drop the sides to at least the length of the blue cover if not the floor. It is going to look spectacular.

Wendy nice combination of colours ...you have been busy. I am tempted to start the Casablanca but I restrain the urge as I want to finish other projects (lots of WIPS in my house)

Jessi that is stunning!!! Those squares look fine now that you have pieced them. Just beautiful:clap

Darski very elegant with that filet work. Cannot wait what comes next in that design.:hook

Shay - I love it!!!! It looks fantastic and those colours are very effective in that pattern. :clap

Wendy, that bedspread is turning out gorgeous, and looks like your furbaby thinks so too.

Now ladies I need your opinion. Here is what I have done on the bedspread thus far, minus the ninth square. I even took pic of the side so you can see what I mean. I want to make it that it will go almost down to floor, this antique bed sets up high. Hubby seems to think just finish the squares to go over top like it is now, which will mean another 11 squares. Or I could do what he wants and do an open work going down to floor. What do you think?

click to enlarge both

th_DSCN1228.jpg th_DSCN1226.jpg

very pretty :clap

good for you :)

Ok everyone here is a photo of my Casablanca.

My assistant Coco :cat helped me with this photo.

MVC-036F.jpg

awsom wendy :yay

oh i can`t tell you how much i loved thet pattern because of your colours :c9

nice job keep working :cheer

I have something to look at with my recent change in project. This is where I am returning to this project and to the Bedspread Bonanza with it. I ran out of yarn and getting to WM is a challenge so it was waiting a while :wlol Then I got to making duds for Dora so I am behind again, again.:wlol

foto1-1.jpg

foto1-2.jpg

keep working :clap

nice job :cheer

Archived