Bedspread Bonanza

JulieKay

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually have plans to work on my "Young Man's Fancy" square as a crochet quilt. I just need to find a technique that will work.

the granny style may just do it. if so, I will be there and be square with the rest of y'all

Hey Darski thats great. Pull up a chair at the little square table.

Darski when you have thousands to do the granny style is usually the best and the quickest. Are you going to do it in the black and grey colors you have talked about.

Ok, I think maybe I hsve too many WIM's happening.

I am saving the black/white/grey for the day I can get enough greys to make the Prairie Star Quilt.

The Young Man's Fancy is a quilt square that I have loved for years and want to be able to make in crochet but it takes some finagling to make it so. There are different styles of squares and motifs that are needed...

http://www.quilterscache.com/Y/YoungMansFancyBlock.html

I am still working on my Square Elegance. I am committed to exercising the self discipline to use the yarn I bought for it... on it IYKWIM :wlol

Tracey,

Hook Alert! I picked up three Boye Comfort crochet hooks off of ebay - each one was a $1.49. I think I have size 8, 10, and 0 or 00. Anyway, these are the ones with the red handles, that for some foolish reason, they stopped making! They are so comfortable for thread work. I love them. I keep watching for good prices on Inox's too, but these are great and the price is right. I keep hoping the guy finds more and in different sizes. BTW, they are NIP.:hook

Sorry I haven't posted on here in a bit, but I have been working on an afghan for my mother, because she will be coming in March and I want her to take it and a lapghan back with her. I have almost 6 squares done and want to start piecing them together to see how long they will be. I am also excited because i found a local yarn store that sells the yarn for a dollar cheaper than Joann's. That means I save on gas and the price of yarn, since Joann's is 45 mins. away. I hope everyone is doing better than me. I feel like such a slacker. I have also been busy teaching two of my friends how to crochet. Always trying to spread the love and the addiction. Keep up the good work everyone, I am cheering everyone on.

It has been a little crazy around here since my DH is taking night classes and I have to be a single parent on those days. I have been getting on really late and just reading a few things, maybe posting a couple of things and then collapsing in bed. I have missed ya'll too. Are you still working on the same BS or have you changed your mind also?

Tracey,

Hook Alert! I picked up three Boye Comfort crochet hooks off of ebay - each one was a $1.49. I think I have size 8, 10, and 0 or 00. Anyway, these are the ones with the red handles, that for some foolish reason, they stopped making! They are so comfortable for thread work. I love them. I keep watching for good prices on Inox's too, but these are great and the price is right. I keep hoping the guy finds more and in different sizes. BTW, they are NIP.:hook

Thanks for the tip, I will defiantly check it out.

darski how long you think you need to finish it?

oh ladeis my bad news that my captivating cosmos afghan is so defficult that means i can`t do it and i feel iwant to cry because i want it to be white with red flowers soooooooo romantic :)

great wendy

i`m waiting my books i don`t know when they will arrive

it comes from the US to kuwait :\

it doesn`t take much time i don`t know why its late :(

i baught the 200ripple stiches ;)

i can`t wait

in the 4th round i have to work arond the stiches and its complecated where you cant understand what they are talking about

its complecated

WOOOOOOW while i was writting about the books my father told me that they sent him a sms telling that my books arrived and it was sent for delivery

i`m gonna drink consentrated coffe to stay awake and work

yuppie :)

Morning ladies

Jewel - don't feel like a slacker-- you come in and visit when you can and crochet when you can. We all have things from time to time that take us away from here for awhile- it's ok !

Athba- I don't THINK you'd be allowed to post even one line of a pattern that is in a book on here, due to copyright stuff.

Now, if someone else HAS a copy of the same book, you are free to ask them if they would look at row 4 of the pattern and see if they could explain it to you in simpler ways so you could undertand how to do it, but I wouldn't post the actual words of the pattern in here .

Don't want anyone to get in trouble .

Maybe if you'd go to the HELP section of the boards and post to ask if anyone HAS the book and pattern, if they'd mind looking it up in their book and helping you out .

:)

Archived