Any one in Wisconsin?

AnnieLPN

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The Madison Area Crochet Guild has scheduled its 2008 Meetups. Locations and details will be announced as each Meetup draws near.

Please mark your calendars for the following dates, and RSVP at through our Meetup website at:

http://crochet.meetup.com/435

2008 MACG MEETUP DATES

Thursday, January 24 @ 6:00 p.m. (Barriques Market, Middleton)

Sunday, February 10 @ 2:00 p.m.

Thursday, February 28 @ 6:00 p.m.

Sunday, March 16 @ 2:00 p.m.

Thursday, April 10 @ 6:00 p.m.

Sunday, May 4 @ 2:00 p.m.

Thursday, May 15 @ 6:00 p.m.

Sunday, June 8 @ 2:00 p.m.

Thursday, June 26 @ 6:00 p.m.

Sunday, July 20 @ 2:00 p.m.

(NO MEETUPS SCHEDULED IN AUGUST 2008)

Sunday, September 7 @ 2:00 p.m.

Thursday, September 25 @ 6:00 p.m.

Sunday, October 19 @ 2:00 p.m.

Thursday, November 6 @ 6:00 p.m.

Sunday, November 30 @ 2:00 p.m.

Thursday, December 11 @ 6:00 p.m.

• 5 weeks later...

Good Morning All!!

I just joined today. I am in Janesville which is southern WI almost to the IL border. My daughter is a junior at UW-Milwaukee so I am there about once a month.

Mindy

• 6 months later...

I'm new to the forums, but I'm also from Wisconsin. A little town in the SW corner of the state, right on the Mississippi River is where I call home. Luckily, I live on the hill above town and above the river :lol, but my parents did have some water problems down in town :eek...more of a headache than a real problem.

• 2 months later...

hello to everyone from wisconsin!!!

i'm from newton, between manitowoc and sheboygan on the east coast of the state. i'm so happy to hear of others fron the statewho are hookin' along. would be happy to correspond with others from the area. i live within an hour of green bay, appleton and the fox cities, fon du lac, manty and sheboygan.

can anyone recommend a good independant yarn shop?? i'm not happy with the big box stores and would be willing to pay a bit extra for more attentive service, especially to those who crochet. was told recently at a yarn store in a larger city that the yarn she sold "was mainly for knitting, would not work well for crochet" ????? well, i did not but her knitting yarn.

currently working on a set of 6 prayer shawls for my daughters confirmation class--6 girls and one young man who will get an afghan instead of a shawl. was thinking of nice, muted tones in "vanna's choice."

what else is everyone working on?? any christmas ideas?? what about gifts for coworkers??

hope to hear from y'all reall soon, ya der hey!!!

karen

There's a great one on Main St. in Fondy. They are crochet friendly and display both crochet and knit projects in their store. They also hold lots of classes, with some on crochet. Here's the website http://www.theknittingroomwi.com/ You can sign up for a newsletter from them, telling about classes and special sales. Lots of books and binders of patterns, including crochet. I've gotten some great crochet books there.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived