Midnight Blue Christmas Stocking

crochetsal

For some reason, I'm really 'into' making stockings this year!

midnightstocking.jpgI had some tiny 'ball' ornaments that I'd gotten at Wal-Mart a year or two ago, and finally put them to good use! This stocking is doubled worsted, and has a nice texture to it.

Sally

There's just something special about Christmas stockings! Gotta love 'em!

Yours turned out fabulous and you did a great job on it. It sure looks inviting.....no coals in this one :D

Wow! When I read Midnight Blue I was sure I was going to love it:manyheart and....no surprise....I DO:yes ! It is so pretty and I like it in a non traditional (red,green,gold etc.)color! :hugThanks for sharing with us!

Wonderful !!!! You did a great job. The little balls look sweet. I love the way you did the white cuff at the top. Did you work out this part of the design? I really like the stocking pattern, it has a good shape. May I ask which pattern you used? :ctree:dance

Thank you everyone for your comments!

I had made two stockings for an order (which fell through, she didn't like the retail prices), and thought of making one for my cousin, but wanted to do a different one. She likes blue, and I had the blue 'glitter' holiday yarn, but it just wasn't thick enough, so I held it together with blue, and it took off.

It's one of my own designs, I haven't written it yet, but it will be available on my site and Etsy by December 5th. Although I'm aiming for the 1st this month.

I have more holiday yarn, and want to try other colours, but have to go to Wal-Mart and *hope* I can find some more mini ornaments.

Sally

Thank you everyone for your comments!

I had made two stockings for an order (which fell through, she didn't like the retail prices), and thought of making one for my cousin, but wanted to do a different one. She likes blue, and I had the blue 'glitter' holiday yarn, but it just wasn't thick enough, so I held it together with blue, and it took off.

It's one of my own designs, I haven't written it yet, but it will be available on my site and Etsy by December 5th. Although I'm aiming for the 1st this month.

I have more holiday yarn, and want to try other colours, but have to go to Wal-Mart and *hope* I can find some more mini ornaments.

Sally

Oh boy, I think another project is about to be added :D Like I don't have enough :lol We all have homemade stockings. The ones that we have are the ones that my MIL had made for my husband, his brother, her and his dad. So she just changed the names on them and gave to us and the kids.

I had made one for my one daughter, to match the tree skirt that I made but is too small. But we now have another daughter who's now 4 and she just has a store bought one because I get too many things going :eek This would be perfect.

Kim

Archived