Stick Horse

tiggerhale

Hey there!

I've been busy - son's 6th birthday was last Friday - so sorry I've not been around much! I made him this school bus and also made a stick horse for my niece. I'm really really pleased how they both turned out. (The horse's eyes remind me of Miss Piggy's - does anyone else see the resemblance??)

Anyway, here's the link to the photos:

http://public.fotki.com/madebyma/1_newest_crocheted_items/

ENJOY! And let me know what you guys think!!

the bus and horse are really neat! we call them a "hobby horse". no idea how that came about. and i do see the Miss Piggy eye thing a happenin!! great work

Very cute! I almost made a stick horse out of a cereal box once. (Family Fun magazine). I love them. And I love the checkers mat with the roads to drive the cars on; my son wants me to make him one now. :lol

Tina

tiggerhale,

Everything looks great!!! I am also crocheting for my son's 6th b-d, which is on the 20th; and am making him a stickhorse, as well as a crown (he specifically asked for both). I know your gifts will be thoroughly enjoyed.

Outstanding!! I love the school bus! :manyheart Your little guy looks thrilled!

Can I ask where you found a pattern for the bus?

Thanks everyone!!!

Certainly - on the bus pattern, it's a FREE ONE!

http://www.freepatterns.com/fp_pdfs/2002/Crochet/12-02schoolbus.pdf

I actually made the wheels bigger than they should have been; instead of sewing them together, I sc'd them together so they have an additional round. We joke that it's a bus w/monster truck wheels...

The stick horse was by Karla Thornburg in Annie's Pattern Club - Feb/Mar 1988 - Number 49. It was super easy too!

Very cute! Your son looks so happy to have such a great mom giving him terrific hand-made stuff.

I've always called it a hobby horse, too! I'm planning to make three of them for my children for Christmas if I get the time, from the free Lion Brand "Old Dobbin" hobby horse pattern. I hope they turn out as well as yours. :)

Archived