truelove730

Crocheted Blanket Doll Pattern

Question

Hello all!

I was refered to this message board by Rachel from Crochet Pattern Central. I am looking for a pattern. When I was little I used to have a doll that was crocheted. The body of the doll was in the middle of the blanket. The blanket was only 15"x15" maybe. The body was stuffed and the doll had a plastic face, hands and feet. Does this sound familiar to anyone or do you know where I could get this pattern?

Thank you for your help.

Heather Truelove

61 answers to this question

Baby Doll and Blanket was a pattern put out by Jessie Abularach it is in her Crocheted Favorites & Originals of Jessie Abularach Volume Two. This book came out in 1980 and is out of print. You may find it on Ebay or a use book dealer. The baby doll is crochet to the blanket and had crochet legs with pom poms on them the plastic face has open mouth for the bottle that her hand hold and her other hand has her finger pointed outward. Her body is crochet as her arms and legs and she has a crochet bonnet on her. Jessie passed away several years ago and her 8 volumes of books are collectors items. She had dozens of patterns in each book.

Sorry to hear about Jessie's passing. I have 3 of her books. And one of those books happens to be the blanket doll. I never made it, but I do have the dollhead and hands.

Somewhere in the dark recesses of my craft closet, I think I still have the instructions for the baby in the blanket. What I have been looking for, especially since my granddaughter was born, are the body parts-face, hands (one with a bottle) and feet. Does anyone have any clue where to find them? In 1972 I made the doll for my first daughter but have not been able to find the parts since 1975 when my second daughter was born.

I donate several crochet baby articles to the local hospital for new mothers (unwed teens with little or no family support) and would like to make these to give to the local family rescue services. Any help you can give, I will appreciate.

I found it. I think. I sure hope so because I just order the head and hands for .59 a set. Now I have to clean out the craft closet to find the pattern. Hope this is what Heather and others were looking for. Here is the link:

http://joycescraftsupplies.com/joycescraftsupplies/?tx=06X55136179460518&st=Completed&amt=22.50&cc=USD&cm=&item_number=

Just curious - the lady that made the one my daughters loved years ago (hence why I'm looking for the pattern for my granddaughters) - her maiden name was Truelove - Retha Truelove - from Midland/Odessa area - any chance you are related? What a wonderful person (and crocheter) she was. Can you let me know where you got the pattern?

I saw the posting wanting the pattern for the baby in blanket doll , the posting was from erint57 , I have this pattern, in fact I have two of them(different versions) and would be happy to share them with her if she still needs them, I can be contacted at ladydiana51 at aol. com,,,,,,,,Diana:cheer

erint57,

No, sorry. No relation. I'm located in Central Kansas. Been here about 40 years.

The pattern is there on my site. A few people have asked about the babydoll face & hands, but they can be found on the internet. Just do a search for "baby thumbsucker face hands" and you should find them.

Very cool to have this pattern available! Thanks Mary! I too had one when I was little, called a church baby and my mom made it for me. NO clue what ever happened to it though.

I am also wanting this pattern. Being new to Crochetville, would someone please tell me where to go to get it

Years ago Walmart had this pattern. A lady at work gave the pattern to me. So hard to find the face, hands for the doll. I doubt if I will use the pattern. Let me see if I can find it again.