Crocheted Blanket Doll Pattern

truelove730

Question

Hello all!

I was refered to this message board by Rachel from Crochet Pattern Central. I am looking for a pattern. When I was little I used to have a doll that was crocheted. The body of the doll was in the middle of the blanket. The blanket was only 15"x15" maybe. The body was stuffed and the doll had a plastic face, hands and feet. Does this sound familiar to anyone or do you know where I could get this pattern?

Thank you for your help.

Heather Truelove

• Answers 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is it! I have started the pattern and hoped to have it done right away but I am not able to locate the hands and face. I have only been able to go to Hobby Lobby and Michaels to look for it and they don't have it. I hope to get out to other stores this weekend and find the hands and face. The pattern provided above is what I am working on and from what I have done so far and the way the patter reads it looks just like the pick Faith posted.

Thanks everyone! :)

I love it. I love it. I love it.

Why not do an online search for the doll parts? If you don't want to order online, at least it should give you an idea of where to find what you want. I, personally, would try a craft store like A.C. Moore or Michael's.

Try : tdcreations.com

I think you may find what you want. Good luck.

I think I might try this cute blanket doll. :)h

Margaret

PS. I just looked at the td site. I didn't see the face and hands listed...Darn. I'm almost sure this is the correct site. Maybe they will order it for you? I've purchased from them before and was happy with the experience.

Heather,

Did you find your pattern yet? If not, I think I can help...I have a booklet that may help you...

Is it a doll puppet in a blanket?...send me an email...be glad to help.

Martha

I've been looking all over for it so I can crochet these cute little baby doll puppets for my nieces! has this pattern been posted?

I used to make those little blanket dolls when my kids were little. I ran across the pattern just the other day in a book. I think they were by Abularch or Abumarch, something like that was her last name. I'll look for the book and post again.

I have a pattern for the blanket baby! PM me if you want it!

I would love to have this pattern. I made one of these for my neice 25 years ago and she is now expecting her first baby. I have been seaching high and low for this pattern. I am new at this-can you send me the pattern?

Linda

I have this pattern, it is a walmart pattern. My neice also has the doll too. Basically the body is a square and the blanket is crocheted to that square. Then the arm, legs and bonnet are crocheted onto the body. Then you add the plastic face and hands. I will see if I can dig it out.

LaVonne

Archived