Crocheted Blanket Doll Pattern

truelove730

Question

Hello all!

I was refered to this message board by Rachel from Crochet Pattern Central. I am looking for a pattern. When I was little I used to have a doll that was crocheted. The body of the doll was in the middle of the blanket. The blanket was only 15"x15" maybe. The body was stuffed and the doll had a plastic face, hands and feet. Does this sound familiar to anyone or do you know where I could get this pattern?

Thank you for your help.

Heather Truelove

• Answers 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Heather! Welcome to Crochetville! :welcome

Oh gosh, all I'm getting for some reason when I try to picture that is a doll I had that was made from fabric. She was Little Red Riding Hood, stuffed like a pillow kind of but with a dress, and when you turned the doll upside down and lifted the fabric dress, she turned into the big bad wolf. I know it isn't similar, but now I can't get that out of my head.

I'm guessing the doll's dress formed the blanket? :thinking1

Thanks for all your feedback! I really like that doll bed purse. I am going to give that one a try. I thought maybe if I drew it out it out help see what I was talking about, but I cannot seem to get it to work. So I will try something else and repost.

Better Description:

Start with a 15"x15" square, in the middle is a small stuffed rectangle 5"x7" (body) with crocehted arms and legs also stuffed; all one piece. Then you have the plastic doll head, hands and feet. Then you take the sides and wrap them around the middle body.

The measurements are all guess because the real doll is in FL with my parents, that is if it survived the hurricanes, in storage. If I had access to the doll I could try to design the pattern but there is no telling where it is in all the boxes. If I ever find it I will post it for everyone to enjoy. I loved that doll and hope to make more.

maybe someone is gutsy enough to make this without a picture, and if they are, please post the pic of your finished baby with the pattern link when you are done, so the less gutsy of us-- specifically me-- can see the pattern with a pic and possibly try it. :)

the best patterns are the one we don't think is going to turn out:lol , i would say though Dot that you can do anything if your blog is any indication. i absoultely(didn't spell that right) your hats, they are tooooo cute. i want to try and make something cute like that for my baby niece who is 1 1/2. she is the cutest little girl and loves hats!!!:cheer2 , thanks again for sharing. your the best:hug

:clap

I have one of these! My grandmother made them for my sister and I. She used to put her hand on the back and put her fingers in the head and arms and make it move. I'll see if I can dig it up and get a picture!

Lanette:yay

Heather,

I have a doll similar to what you've described... I don't have the pattern for it and I can't even share a pic of it yet, but I'll try to get hubby to hurry up and do his thing so I can ok?

My doll was given to me a couple of years ago, and she isn't attached to her blanket, she's wearing a ruffled dress (crocheted) and sits on the matching blanket (though the lady that gave me the doll didn't give me the blanket bc her cats claimed it lol) I'll get her out and see if I can figure out the pattern (no promises there I am WAY new to the pattern thing but I'll sure try) and post pics if it sounds like what you want.

Marvie (trying to remember where that doll is at the moment.... :coffee )

OH MY GOSH! I had one growing up (dd has it now) and we have a second one that my aunt made for my dd for Christmas last year - I took a picture but I'm trying to get my computer to cooperate so I can scare up the picture for you. I loved mine as a kid and dd loves having both (mine and hers!).

:)

I hope this is it! This is my dd's doll. Hope this helps provide a visual - it can't be TOO too hard, my aunt is not a master crocheter and she said that while it has lots of steps it isn't hard to make.

Excuse the half cat and the unfolded blanket in the first pic, lol.

DSC02656b.jpg

DSC02657b.jpg

:)

Faith

That is it! I have started the pattern and hoped to have it done right away but I am not able to locate the hands and face. I have only been able to go to Hobby Lobby and Michaels to look for it and they don't have it. I hope to get out to other stores this weekend and find the hands and face. The pattern provided above is what I am working on and from what I have done so far and the way the patter reads it looks just like the pick Faith posted.

Thanks everyone! :)

I love it. I love it. I love it.

Why not do an online search for the doll parts? If you don't want to order online, at least it should give you an idea of where to find what you want. I, personally, would try a craft store like A.C. Moore or Michael's.

Try : tdcreations.com

I think you may find what you want. Good luck.

I think I might try this cute blanket doll. :)h

Margaret

PS. I just looked at the td site. I didn't see the face and hands listed...Darn. I'm almost sure this is the correct site. Maybe they will order it for you? I've purchased from them before and was happy with the experience.

Heather,

Did you find your pattern yet? If not, I think I can help...I have a booklet that may help you...

Is it a doll puppet in a blanket?...send me an email...be glad to help.

Martha

I've been looking all over for it so I can crochet these cute little baby doll puppets for my nieces! has this pattern been posted?

I used to make those little blanket dolls when my kids were little. I ran across the pattern just the other day in a book. I think they were by Abularch or Abumarch, something like that was her last name. I'll look for the book and post again.

I have a pattern for the blanket baby! PM me if you want it!

I would love to have this pattern. I made one of these for my neice 25 years ago and she is now expecting her first baby. I have been seaching high and low for this pattern. I am new at this-can you send me the pattern?

Linda

Archived