Baby, It's Cold Outside CAL - Larger Sizes TOO!!!

KnicKnac

BICOlilac.jpg

I finished this up last week, I LOVED making it & have another one finished that needs a wee hat to go with it. They are going to Turkey as 2 of my partners sister in laws are both expecting girls in Feb.

I had little tags made up last year & that's what you can see in the BICO.

I will post other one when finished.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hellbo, I love that one. That is also a neat hat pattern you used. This CAL keeps on going because the pattern just gives itself over to so many ways.

I agree!! I love the BICO colors but I especially like that hat on the diagonal! Your own pattern hellbo? or is it out there somewhere?

Yay! Now I can see it! Thanks, Clare. (I actually already saw it but didn't know....) :blush Thanks for posting the link. I like the white fur trim. Really fancy. And the booties, too. I have never done that... :think Very sweet. :c9

now can u see it??

if not here it is in another post:D

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=39433

Hellbo, yours is adorable, too. It will be a wonderful gift set, especially with the tag! And the diagonal hat is very cool. :think Was that a pattern on the web?

Nice Job Ladies!! :clap :clap

Tina

Yay! Now I can see it! Thanks, Clare. (I actually already saw it but didn't know....) :blush Thanks for posting the link. I like the white fur trim. Really fancy. And the booties, too. I have never done that... :think Very sweet. :c9

Hellbo, yours is adorable, too. It will be a wonderful gift set, especially with the tag! And the diagonal hat is very cool. :think Was that a pattern on the web?

Nice Job Ladies!! :clap :clap

Tina

Is it this pattern? http://www.geocities.com/crochethut/babyswirls.html

Thanks Julee, i am going to try out the hat pattern....:)

Your Welcome!! You know, I got really lucky. I had just read mom w/ a motifs post, and wanted to look for some other hat patterns when I came across that one. Can't wait to see your pics of the hat.

Has anyone made this a smaller size (newborn/3 months)?

I have Bernat Boucle yarn and I am thinking that if i use it and make 6 month pattern it should come out a bit smaller since the boucle is a bit lighter weight.

CroJulee - Well done, you found it quicker than me - I'm useless at remembering where I find things & I hardly ever bookmark.

The hat had me foxed for a bit as when you get finished with the diagonal you have to weave ends at the top & sort of flip it together to sew the side.

It took me about 20 minutes to figure it out!!! The flower done without a pattern & the booties are from a Mary Jayne pattern (somewhere out there) that I actually did wrong as I got mu UK & US stitches mixed up.

Look forward to seeing the hat done by someone else - hope it doesn't fox you!

I haven't made this hat yet, but when I do, I'm gonna make it smaller for a gal I know who is having a baby very soon. It's a real neat pattern.

I did a craft show about a year ago, and was crocheting up a storm, when an elderly lady came by, and of course I had to comment on her beautifully crocheted hat, which was actually a larger version of the baby swirls. She told me how to do it, and everything. I just hadn't made up my mind to just get it done. Anyways. I love talking to elderly people. Some younger people don't realize how cool they are. I've learned so much.

Knikki- I did a newborn size, but quite by accident. I used a smaller weight yarn. I don't know/remember, but I may have used a smaller hook, too. That should make it a newborn size for you. I'll see if I can go back and find the one I did newborn size for measurements, etc....

Tina

Has anyone made this a smaller size (newborn/3 months)?

I have Bernat Boucle yarn and I am thinking that if i use it and make 6 month pattern it should come out a bit smaller since the boucle is a bit lighter weight.

Knikki- KnicKnac did a newborn one here....

Yes Tina, if you go here you will see the newborn...and how I made it newborn is I used two baby yarns together with a "j" hook.

Emily, someone here I think is attempting this in a size 3T - I am sure they will chime in with some specs.

And here is a chart for sizing that KnicKnac posted in post #58. So you will know what the measurements should be...

On that baby swirls pattern, do you think it would be possible to use the general idea of the pattern to make it into an adult size? Maybe do more of the initial chain, then just keep going until it fits going around?

I love the pattern.

Joan

Definantly. That would look awesome. You got it right. Just add more chains.

This is the latest BICO. it is an adult sized pullover done to commemorate a Polar swim a young friend of mine made for World Vision's Fill a Stable program

I was going for a water turning to ice effect on the sleeve and there are some icicles hanging there :sigh

bluebico.jpg

The navy is actually a very rich, living colour. totally great colour and vibrancy.

This is the latest BICO. it is an adult sized pullover done to commemorate a Polar swim a young friend of mine made for World Vision's Fill a Stable program

I was going for a water turning to ice effect on the sleeve and there are some icicles hanging there :sigh

bluebico.jpg

The navy is actually a very rich, living colour. totally great colour and vibrancy.

That looks very good Darski. I like the sleeves.:yes

Pat Ada

It looks good, Darksi. :clap Did you give it to the recipient yet? Man you are blasting these out and I am just plugging away at nothing here.... :blush You'd think I would do something with my crochet life... :hook

Nice job, though. :yes

Tina

Thank you. I gave it to her today. It looks like it will be very nice for her - good colour choice - who knew? she rarely wears blue.

her dog (my loaner puppy) has a matching (of sorts) sweater as well. that was fun.

Archived