Baby, It's Cold Outside CAL - Larger Sizes TOO!!!

KnicKnac

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here's my latest BICO.

It's a size 24 month in Red Heart Light & Lofty Pine with a Lion Brand Chenille flower pin.

Can you provide your specs on this one? I am working on a 24 month and would like to know what size hook you used as well as your chain and stitch counts if you know them :)

~Susan :queen

Busy Mama to:

Hannah :princess (9), Logan :2frog (8), Lance :dance (6), Hayden :teddy(4)

and the TWINkies Mason and Morgan (18 months):ducky:ducky

HoosierDoula:

It was really easy. I used one size up hook from the ones specified - L for main body and I for buttons. I followed the 12 month specifications exactly and the bulkier yarn and larger hook provided the correct size (as measured by a manufactured Osh Kosh B'Gosh 24 month sized sweater).

Hope this helps!

I have finally taken pictures of the sweater I made for my sil , I forgot to get hubby to model for me so I had to do, mind you I am almost 6 months pregnant and normally wear a medium and this is intended to be an xl so a bit big

the back

121406007.jpg

front excuse the belly if you can see, it is realy there I promise lol

121406006.jpg

hanging

121406005.jpg

now a bit off topic I hope no one minds, I tested a christmas tree hat and when I was taking pic's my daughter was asleep so I got the next best thing for a model, this should be my christmas card next year lol

121406009.jpg

and here she is a month or so back w/ her future husband, we are gonna be in trouble w/ these too, lol already on the harley and neither one is 2 yet,ut oh what are we gonna do. Anyone know of any good convents that accept children before the age of 2 or not potty trained, lol

121406002.jpg

HoosierDoula:

It was really easy. I used one size up hook from the ones specified - L for main body and I for buttons. I followed the 12 month specifications exactly and the bulkier yarn and larger hook provided the correct size (as measured by a manufactured Osh Kosh B'Gosh 24 month sized sweater).

Hope this helps!

SUPER! Thank you so much! I plan on doing one in Homespun and one in Bernant Softee Chunky in this size so that was a HUGE help! :hug

~Susan :queen

Busy Mama to:

Hannah :princess (9), Logan :2frog (8), Lance :dance (6), Hayden :teddy(4)

and the TWINkies Mason and Morgan (18 months):ducky:ducky

WOW! That must have been a lot of work, Kristen. It looks good though. I could only *WISH* I was that little when I was four months pregnant! .... You look great. :yes

And the Donna your sweater looks great, too. :manyheart

Tina

Boy Kristen that sweater is wonderful. Great job. I am still amazed at all that can be done in playing with this pattern.

Great dog - he really does look sweet. Great hat pattern too. You managed that challenge nicely

Your daughter is completely adorable. You can use that photo for their wedding invitations :wlol

Lilybean31905,

That sweater is gorgeous (:cheer:clap)! Your SIL should love it (:manyheart)! I have a question (I'm newish to the 'Ville and have not read all the posts to this thread): how did you go from the baby-size BICO to the XL for your SIL? If you already posted that info, would you mind pointing me to the specific post?

PS: Your baby bump barely shows in the photo (:)). Your daughter is a cutie - and she looks really at ease on that motorcycle too (:D). And your dog looks very laidback....

here is another

IMG_0667.jpg

i have made four of these BICO'S and now i am on my 5th, but i forgot to take pics of the other's before i gave them as pressies darn it!

i will post the pic of the 5th when i have finished it :hook

Anna your sweater is cute. I love the trim is that, a thick boucle? I kept thinking 'What is that some kind of two sided pocket?' :think I just realized 'It's booties!' :oops:lol :lol :lol

Clare I can't see yours. :( Waaaa! I want to see it!! :yes

Tina

Archived