Baby, It's Cold Outside CAL - Larger Sizes TOO!!!

KnicKnac

Baby It's Cold Outside CAL - Speaking of Julie, there's a pretty active crochet-along for her adorable and super-simple baby sweater.

It was all a bunch of links to stuff, and this was one of them! (I hope it's not against the rules to do that, copy and paste...)

Tina

Tina! What did it say about this CAL in the newsletter? Too cool!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love the camo!! Really cute and not something you would think of for a girl, but the purple gives it a wonderful "girly" touch!

Darski, I love the sweater, cant wait to make myself one! Since I discovered I could manage this sweater I find myself wanting to make one for everyone I know! P.S. I love the trim, kinda gives it an elegant look.

OH MY!!!! Look how cool that camo one is!!! I love the purple around it!

Thanks for sharing the story about the newsletter, how cools is that???

It's about time Jeanie!!!

DARSKI!!! That is simply GORGEOUS!!!! OH MY!!! Now you MUST get a picture of you wearing it for us!!! Please????

I have a thought, since so many of us have used different yarns and weights and done different sizes maybe we can make a chart or table that includes yarn, st count, hook size , sweater size etc. So that way anyone else interested in making one can look at this for a reference. I guess I could be the one to take on making the table and posting it if no one minds. Let me know what you think.

editing to add what would be needed

sweater size, hook size, yarn used, row and chain counts, what type of sweater if altered from the original side button cardigan in any way. I think that should be it.

I guess I could be the one to take on making the table and posting it if no one minds.

I say go on and do it!!! Why don't you actually set up a questionaire? I could make a form and upload it to my website and send you the results as they come in - would that work Kristen? Actually, I could have the results sent directly to you and you could tally them.

Let me know!

Kristen that would be great. Thank you for offering

KnicKnac I will be trying for the ubiquitous bathroom portrait when I change my batteries, it really does fit nicely. (says she sounding very surprised :rofl )

I say go on and do it!!! Why don't you actually set up a questionaire? I could make a form and upload it to my website and send you the results as they come in - would that work Kristen? Actually, I could have the results sent directly to you and you could tally them.

Let me know!

Hey that would be great, I think all I need is sizes, yarn used, hook used, row and st count alterations, and if it is different from the original ( ie pull over, etc) oh yeah and who did this size so we can refer back to them for questions , and if the form doesn t work they can just PM me there notes

I was getting ready to ask if an EASY mod would be possible to the size 3 someone did as I need size 4... Someone did a 6 as well but I am not experienced enough to modify on my own! If you did this it would be AWESOME! Going crazy looking at everyone elses cant wait to start my own.

kccismee,

Me too! My son is only 8 mths! So, I have to figure something out as well. This chart is a wonderful idea! I'm not using the suggested yarn either and I stink at adapting patterns so any tips anyone has please feel free to throw them out....I sure could use them! LOL! :hook Especially since this will be my first garment.

Ok, the first thing to do for those that are trying a different size is to do a swatch in the yarn and hook you feel is appropriate for that yarn. When you make a swatch and can tell us how many HDC's equal 4 inches (rows and stitches), then we can start helping you mod a pattern.

Get busy ladies, get to swatching!

Hi KnicKnac -

If I use worsted should I be usung 2 strands as I think I read in anothers version or just stick with the Homespun? This would be darling in single ww cotton for the spring to but I won't go there YET...

Thanks

KCC

Jessy.. love the BICO you made..... the purple really look nice:yay

Darski.... the sweater looks gorgeous..

i am still crocheting the one i am making for my husband:) .... just bought 8 more skiens yersterday.... it is going to be a little slow this time... hope that it will turn out right....:think:hook

sprtsbear...the green looks fresh..nice....

I started on my sweater today. I did the first part last night but today I didn't like how it looked so I :2frog'd it. Had some problems with the st count but kept on anyway. Hope to finish it tomorrow. :dreaming :D I'll post a pic when I finish it.

Pat A.

kccismee,

Me too! My son is only 8 mths! So, I have to figure something out as well. This chart is a wonderful idea! I'm not using the suggested yarn either and I stink at adapting patterns so any tips anyone has please feel free to throw them out....I sure could use them! LOL! :hook Especially since this will be my first garment.

I was my expereince with young'uns that the age has little to do with the sizing. I believe my boys were always way ahead of what it said on the label; by 6 mo. they were into 12 mo. at least.

Try making the back for the 12 month size as is and that will pretty much tell you if it will work or if you need to add or remove a couple of stitches. A bit large could also give you some more wearing time.

Sprtsbear~ I love your colors in your BICO! :yes Lovely! I am on the last round of mine, have to go get some trim colors that would work for a hat also. :think Everyone's got such beautiful BICOs! :clap

(Did that sound weird or is it just me?) :lol

Tina

hi

i did it !!!:c9 i followed my first pattern and learnt a new stich:) and it turn out like it was supposed to !! a great easy pattern for beginners:clap

(i just did the buttons a bit further apart);)

IMG_0590.jpg

Pat A. (Island Girl) I can't wait to see your sweater. What part did you have to redo? I actually had to redo one part yesterday on one I am working on (I wasn't paying attention and did one row wrong...)

Clare your sweater looks so cute! What yarn did you use for it? I have done BICOS in everything but WW so far. (My next one, maybe...) :hook Great Job! :cheer

Tina

Archived