Shhh there are Smudgies under the bed=UPDATE

zeropixie

• 4 weeks later...

So cute! As tribbles or smudgies or warm fuzzies, those are the only good use of fun fur I've seen in awhile. And with those under the bed, I bet there's no fear of monsters!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Now that I am back online and feeling a little better I thought that I would sit down and write up a pattern for this. However my brain won't allow me :P. It does'nt matter because I am pretty sure I was using someone elses ball pattern anyway

http://www.craftdesigns4you.com/freecrochetball.htm

I have used this pattern alot but instead of making two halves I just start decreasing after row 12. You can also make the ball as big or as small as you want just by add or subtracting stitches.

You will need a ball of novlety yarn (any kind) and some buttons or felt circles.

Follow the pattern to row 12 and then begin to decrease in the same manner that you were increasing, stuffing as you go along. I hope that makes sense. When you have 8 sc left you will cut your yarn leaving a long tail and then weave it through your remaining stitches pulling tight to close, fasten off very securely.

After you are done place a small black button on a large white button and sew them to your smudgie. Felt circles will work better if you have small children or pets. Enjoy.

I have found that it is best to use a smaller hook than is recomended I recently made one using an F hook. This will give you a nice firm stitch which is important because these yarns don't like to hold their shape if done to loose. After you have made one you can change how round you want it by skipping some of the straight sc rows, I personaly like them to look a little smushed.

WARNING puppies LOVE these things so guard them well.

I hope this helps and if you get stuck just let me know. :hook

Archived