How excited should I be??

theworm

I've heard of AC Moore stores, but I've never been in a store. Around here we have Michael's, The Rag Shop and Joanns.

So today at lunch I ran out to the bank and saw a big sign "AC Moore Crafts". It looks like it should be opening within the next month. This was so exciting because its the only craft store near my job and when I get annoyed I can run out at lunch and spend an hour shopping for yarn!

So...

Just how excited should I be? Compared to Michaels and Joanns, is this a good store, or just a place to grab a skein on the go?

Be Excited. Be very excited. :lol

No really, I have Michaels and JoAnn's and go to all 3.

They have things that the other 2 don't at times.

Lots, and lots of different kinds of yarns.

Some , though are a bite pricey.

They have lots and lots of books and patterns to choose from.

I think you will like it.

I only wish they had 2 in our town.

When we build and move from town, I will be driving more to get to their store.

I like all the different choices I have. pinkroses

I have to say, I am pretty impressed with their yarn collection. They have some interesting things, way different from Jo-Ann and Michaels.

I was disappointed with their bead selection compared to where I work, though... hehehe...

I have Michael's and Joann's quite near to me, and an A.C.Moore which is about 10 miles away. A.C. Moore has the best selection of yarns and threads, and I try to go there if I am driving down in that directions.

Joan

When they opened an AC Moore by me (and only about 1/2 mile from Michaels) I was thrilled.

You can sign up for their weekly ad to receive it online and for the past several months they now include a link to click on and get that weeks coupon. Since I don't get the Sunday paper anymore this was a big help to get their coupons that way. And I have printed up a couple and gone on different days, they also accept Michaels and Joanns coupons.

However, they no longer have coupons at the cashiers stations any longer, you need to have one from the flyer or from online.

I agree, some of their yarn is expensive but they do have a nice selection. Just wish my store would have more crochet books (knitting books outnumber them).

Have fun shopping there when it opens.

LI Roe

My parents take me to one in MD which is an hour from us and I love it, the closest one to me is 45 mins away, and it isn't bad either, but they don't have the selection the one does in MD. And they always have a good flyer. Be worth you getting on AC's mailing list for store flyer and coupon. I get it, and if I need to just have my parents go and pick me up what I need.

Hold on to your wallet!!! :D :D :D

I LOVE AC MOORE. I have JoAnn's, Michael's and ACMoore. I go to ACMoore first ALWAYS. Their red heart goes on sale for $1.50 a skein (latest sale was $1.78, but that's not usual), and they have NEARLY everything I need. I am a low-end yarn buyer, no fancy stuff, but they have a ton of that kind of yarn, too....

They also have mill-end bags of stuff, which is anything from cotton sugarncream to caron simply soft, if you can tell the stuff through the bag (it's "unlabeled").

The place is a great all-around craft store, but I love their yarn selection. Oh, and it's CLEAN. Our Michaels are dingy.

JoAnn is expensive, to me.

Yes A.C Moore is a great craft store, not only do they have loads of yarn, the have scrapbooking all the crafts people love. Every week 40% off one item coupon. You can signup on line to get the weekly sale paper and coupon. I am sure you will love the store I have to travel 30 miles to get to my closet A.C. Moore but it is worth the trip. Theresa from NC

I love A.C. Moore too. I don't think they have a great selection of crochet patterns, as the store here focuses more on knitting. They have a lot of different yarns and different craft items in general than the other stores have. Even with basic yarns like Red Heart, they carry the largest selection of colors and with few exceptions, the bins are usually stocked well. Sadly, it's the farthest of the stores from me so I rarely go there, but I make up for lost time when I go because I stock up on things I need.

When they open, there should be a 40% coupon in your newspaper every week. It used to be on Wednesday, but they recently changed the coupon to come out on Sunday. As mentioned, you can also sign up online for coupons as well.

I'm sooooo excited!!!

I work an hour from home, and the store is about a mile from my office. I wouldn't drive here if I didn't work here, but I'll definately go on lunch or after work. There are no great craft stores near work. It'll be so good to be able to grab something I need on my lunch break. That way I don't have to waste evening time - more time to crochet!!!! Yippie!

Delia,

The cool thing about ACMoore is that they have their coupons online for 40% off. While you can only use one per visit, you could print off one for every day of the week that you work and visit every lunch hour. A skein a day at 40% off goes a LONG, LONG way. That is my dream, to live/work close enough to an ACMoore that I could visit frequently with my coupons!

I see a new stash in your future!

Delia,

The cool thing about ACMoore is that they have their coupons online for 40% off. While you can only use one per visit, you could print off one for every day of the week that you work and visit every lunch hour. A skein a day at 40% off goes a LONG, LONG way. That is my dream, to live/work close enough to an ACMoore that I could visit frequently with my coupons!

I see a new stash in your future!

That IS very cool! I'm sure I'll do that!!

And Michaels and the Rag Shop accept competitors coupons, so I may be able to use them on weekends, too! :)

Navadamama - did you just curl up in all that yarn and sleep there? Roll around in it, snuggle in and SIGH!

:rofl

In my dreams................

• 11 months later...

AC MOORE tends to have a bigger stock of all crafts then michaels. They have a wide selction of yarn, beads scrapbook supplies, kIDS crafts Entire walls line with kids craft kits. Lanyard and a lot more needle work supplies.

They have a few different brands of knitting needles and hooks tons of pamphlets on kntting and crochet. they also have su[pplies for latch hooking and spiining as well

Archived