New Fingerless Gloves: Soft Blue Multi & Purple Multi

Selune

Crocheted up some more fingerless gloves. I'm just loving this pattern. I'm making these for my friends for Christmas. Next up I'm going to try a little larger hook to see if they will turn out a little larger and stretchier for my bigger-handed friends. (Plus, I think maybe one less row of regular yarn and a rim of fun fur or the like.) My hands are pretty small, so I don't think they will fit well on most of my friends' hands. I think I'll also make some matching scarves. No hats, though. No one I know except one friend wears hats. We're all too worried about our hair to stay warm. :think

This was done in a very, very soft multi-blue yarn. These are easily going to be my favorites.

ltbluesm.jpg

Next up, purple multi. This yarn is a little harsher than I'd like. Somewhat scratchy when compared to the light blue above. Nonetheless, still pretty. Pics turned out a little blue, but it's really more of a deep purple.

purplemultism.jpg

They're great, I like both sets but I think I prefer the colours in the blue version :)

-- Michelle

Yeah, me too. :) Plus they're sooooo soft. Maybe I'll brush the insides of the purple ones.

The basics of the pattern are from Crochet Fashions in Motion DVD by Leisure Arts. I used the shell pattern on the DVD (5DC) and decreased the number of shells lenghtwise to get a tighter fit, then increased the number of rows to make the gloves longer. I also used fewer DCs on the ruffle part, because I didn't want them sticking out too far and making it difficult to hold stuff with all that yarn under your hands. On the soft blue ones, and I'll have to post a pic of this, I also recently took some super soft thin fluffy white yarn and crocheted around the edges. It really looks stunning. Wish I had more of the blue yarn to work with. I'd make a scarf and hat!!!

Archived