I made my very first hat ever!

Ah Leah

Here's my hat. Sorry that my lamp is wearing it, but he refused to take a picture of ME wearing it, so it had to go the other way around.

I swear, if this lamp doesn't shape up soon, I'm going to have to trade him in for another, more cooperative one. Honestly, this is getting ridiculous. I know, they say to adopt your lamps from the pound rather than buying them from a lamp store because there are so many unwanted lamps out there, but the ones from the store are SO much more well behaved, and if you want, they can compete in shows.

ok, right, hat.

TheHat.jpg

You did a great job on your first hat, Ah Leah! I love the color. And it's so nice to see someone providing a home for a loving lamp :)

Ah Honey, that's a hat! And it's green. And it's on a lamp. I'm very proud of you for making a green hat and putting it on a lamp.

I know how uncooperative lamps can be sometimes... and yes, adopted lamps can be more of a challenge because you don't know what they've been through... People may have PUT GREEN CROCHETED HATS ON THEM:eek !!!! But be patient with your lamp... perhaps have it model a scarf...

Just yesterday a lamp ATTACKED one of the judges in the courthouse where I work! Not kidding. 2 1/2 foot by 1 foot by six inch glass and metal fixture jumped right off the wall and landed on her face - broke her nose! Don't think that lamps not in trouble now! I sent her a card saying I'm sorry that a light fixture fell on her face but I wish there was something more I could do... maybe crochet her a veil...:think

Okay, this thread has been totally cracking me up! Maybe we need to start a new one called "Projects on Lamps" and see how many pictures we get of lamps walking down the catwalk while wearing our crochet! :)

My lamp is exceptionally well-behaved (I've already beat her into submission by dressing her in gauzy flowers...). I do like your hat, your lamp just isn't built right to show it off properly :)

-- Michelle

Archived