My first felted bag!

hookjunky

Okay so I was so excited to try this I did it in a day! It is now almost midnight! I know...I have a problem! Anyway I am pretty pleased with the outcome. I don't like the strap I made for it, so if anyone has any suggestions that would be great. Also do you think it needs more felting?

Before:

Picture099.jpg

After

Picture101.jpg

Picture100.jpg

That looks great, I like the way the bobbly bits went after felting :) I don't know anything about felting - maybe do it again if you want the bag a bit smaller (that's how it works, right?) :)

-- Michelle

What a nifty bag! It looks like you were able to control the felting process really well so the bag did not become shapeless. It looks good to me now but if you want the stitches to disappear you can felt it a bit more. But then...why mess with success?:lol I did the braided handle bit and felted the handle. It was quite sturdy and looked very good. :)

Oh! I love that! The bobbles are so cute! I want to try felting but need to work on my other skills (like just regular crocheting) first! I love the color combo. Perhaps a wider handle? Not sure of the size of your cute bag, but if it's handbag sized (as opposed to purse strap size) then something wider. Does that make sense? Probably not! sorry!

That' super cool! If you don't like the braided handle idea-which I think is great, maybe a wide strap (10 or more stiches) made of HDC? I've used that succesfully to get a nice sturdy handle. Very cool colors!

Great fall colours!!! :cheer I agree it needs a different strap. Maybe about 1-1 1/2" wide with the same detail as the top edge of the bag!!!

Hope you show us again when the strap is added!

BTW what yarn did you use ??I love the colors!:yay

How KEWL!!!!!! I love it!!!!:manyheart

I like to take the main colors, make a cord of each, braid together, then felt. It makes a nice, sturdy handle, and the colors look cool when felted together.:)

If you do decide to change the handle, post the new picture so we can all see it! I love the colors you chose...

i love your bag, seriously is just beautiful.:manyheart

i would like to make one for me, is there a way you could help me by explaining how to make the bobble stitch you use?:blush

i have some wool that is just collecting dust, i would like to try to felt a purse like yours. thanks for sharing :ducky

The bobble stitch was easy lets see if it is just as easy to explain! I did the bag in single crochet (next time will use hdc) so for example I would stitch 3 sc then 5 treble crochets in the next stitch then 3 sc.

when I crocheted the next row I sc in the 3 sc leading up to the treble 1 sc in the top of the 3rd treble and sc in the next 3 scs

Wow! I hope that makes sense. If not let me know and I will try to explain it better.

Archived