Weekend Square-A-Long!!! :O)

LavenderBear

HELLO!! :yay I don't see a post for a square-a-long challenge for the weekend, so here I go in getting one going!! :yes

How many of you would like to join me in making as many squares as you can from the time you wake up on Friday morning until the time you go to bed on Sunday night?! :clap You may choose any size(s) and color(s) you'd like, make your squares, and post on Sunday night how many you've made!!!

As an added incentive . . . . . . .

I will send a snail mail package of yarn to the person who makes the most CHARITY squares (6" or larger)!!! You may give them to the charity of your choosing, of course!! Just think! Many will be blessed as a result and we'll have FUN teaming up for the challenge!!

Okay, how many will join me starting tomorrow morning?! :ghug

I'm going to go look through my stash and see what yarn and colors I will be using!!:elle WE CAN DO IT!!!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm in!

However I won't be home till Wed. cause I'm leaving for vacation tomorrow, so leave me out of the contest part. But I can whip up some squares to throw together for comfortghans or other things! Any sized squares?

Now, to pack my yarn and hooks!:hook

Crystal,

Let me attempt to respond again! I don't know what's happening, but my replies are not going through as I'm being timed out, or something, again tonight??!!

Anyway, YES, any sized squares for the actual challenge and 6" or larger charity squares for those who are participating in the FREE YARN PACKAGE part of this weekend square-a-long contest part! If this goes well, I may do this again in a few weeks?!

Have FUN camping!! :waving

since I'm doing the nebiew CAL, and planned on sending my squares to one of the charitys going on, on the charity board I'll get in on this one too. Guess that means I should really get plugging away on my round ripple since I wanted to have a certin number of rows done by tomorrow night. Yay you gave me a reason to go yarn shopping!!

:yes I'l join in. Gives me extra incentive to keep doing my squares for the kid sized blankies I want to start making before it starts to get cold at night up here. These are for underprivilged children in my town.

Thanks for a good idea.:yay:clap:cheer

Barb:hook

wish I could join in but this weekend is my city's tax-free back to school shopping weekend so I'm going to be out all friday to sunday shopping til I drop. any other weekend I'd join in...

Hello! Looks like we've got a couple of you participating in this weekend square-a-long . . . yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!! :applause

I can't wait to see who's the Queen or King Winner of the charity squares contest!! I've got a good variety of charity yarn for the winner to choose from too! Will YOU be the winner?! :queen:king

I've got my yarn, hook, and scissors in a nice basket and am ready to go! Guess what I'll be doing while operating our garage sale today and tomorrow?! :yay:yarn:yes

Anyone else want to join in?!

:clap I can't participate this weekend but I love your idea.:lol Weekends in our house also start on Friday mornings, since DH usually works 4 10hour days. :cheer happy hooking to all those who join.:cheer

Oooh oooh oooh. Well mine is kinda different. I'm making 1-2in circles and i want a LOT of them for an idea i have for a project. Can i join?

I just started making some squares today it is already Friday evening for me... this means I just have a few more hours before I go to bed.

I am willing to take part in this!

Oooh oooh oooh. Well mine is kinda different. I'm making 1-2in circles and i want a LOT of them for an idea i have for a project. Can i join?

Anne-Marie,

Yes, join us for the square-a-long! Now, if you make those 6" or larger, you can participate in the FREE YARN PACKAGE I will be sending out to the winner with the most made this weekend! :yes

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!! More are joining our weekend square-a-long! If you want, post how many you've made each day! If you want it to be a mystery until Sunday night (I will announce the prize winner on Monday night to make sure all time zones are included), that's FINE too! ;)

All I can say right now is . . . . ANOTHER SKEIN BIT THE DUST!!! (AND ANOTHER ONE DOWN, AND ANOTHER ONE DOWN! ANOTHER SKEIN BIT THE DUST!!!) LOL! :rofl

I am making some already for the Nebraska Pine Ridge Reservation Outreach. Great idea for the CAL! Short, sweet and rewarding (and FUN) project. I am really into GRanny squares now, and squares of Granny's daughters, so this will be great! I can also try some motif squares. I"ll get started tonight and post my progress with pics.

Thanks for thinking of this!

:cheer:hook:yes

no sorry, Ithinkican, I'm no where near there... my username is a nickname my sisters gave me when we were being silly and pressed random letters on a keyboard to give each other funky nicknames.

Anne-Marie,

Yes, join us for the square-a-long! Now, if you make those 6" or larger, you can participate in the FREE YARN PACKAGE I will be sending out to the winner with the most made this weekend! :yes

Well i wont enter the 'competition' but il happily plod along besides you all. I have 24 so far :)

i am participaating in jimmie lu's cal for ministry by making squares, i am going to start again tonight.....and i work tomorrow so i dont know how many i will have, but will join the fun anyway.

WTG, Linda!!! In between running our garage sale and having unexpected company for almost 4 hours today, I got 10 - 8" squares done today! I also pieced together a baby afghan!

Can't wait to hear how everyone else is coming along this first day!! Go, friends, go!! :cheer

Archived