Newbie Crochet along?

yarnart

Just wondered if anyone who really needs basic experience would like to do a cal? Maybe just a single crochet 25 square challenge, or even a 25 granny square CAL? I, for one, really need the practice, and this would help keep me accountable! Anyone care to join me?

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Veronica,

Sad that no one has replied to your invite for CAL.

I've got several on my plate, but maybe once I'm moved, I'll join ya here.

Sounds fun...for beginners and more experienced, since everyone needs a break for some easy stuff now and then .:yes

Amy

Thanks, but I don't find it sad at all. I really have so much on my plate with everything in life PLUS this forum that it was just a shot. I'm having fun, and that's what counts.

YEAH JUST LIKE THE REST, I TOO HAVE WAAAAAAAAY TOO MUCH ON MY PLATE. NOW , IF SOMEONE WOULD DO A CHEVRON ( I CAN'T MASTER THIS PATTERN FOR CRAP) :manyheart I WOULD NOT THE FIRST BUT I DFN8LY WOULD NOT BE THE LAST EITHER TO JOIN.:yay

well I'm a newbie:) and I've never even done a granny square:think so I'd like to join if I can? When do we start? and do you have a pattern or do I have to find one myself?:D

I'm a newbie. I'm just having problems having any enthusiasm about granny squares. :D I've done two potholders and I'm about 3/4 through my first baby blanket, but ran out of yarn.... (so my colors will probably be off).

I'll probably next try another baby blanket, or some Christmas ornaments. I'm trying to get enough practice at crocheting and knitting, so I can do some easy Christmas presents.

Tammy

Hi, and thanks everyone...(especially the awesome Dude :nworthy:) )

I will have more info tonight, possibly tomorrow morning. Let's not worry about colors and such. For me, it is the opportunity to practice the stitches. I'll get a pattern and post that too.

:hook I'm not a new crocheter, but I'd like to join. I need to get started on some children's blankets and right now in the summer heat, I think granny squares would be the way to go.

Barb:cheer

I found this pattern, which I think is nice. Any one have any objections? Let me know. I think the hook it calls for is G hook. Use what ever colors you like on it. As I said, I just really need the practice, and I thought it would be fun to do with others. Anyway, here is the link

http://www.angelfire.com/bc2/crochetaddict/lacy.html

Seems pretty "easy"...Let's do the 6" squares.

We can cheer each other on, and show our work as we go. Try not to laugh toooo hard at mine...:lol

Let me know what you all think and we'll get started. Okay?

Thanks so much all of you.

yeah I really like that one! :manyheart how many do we have to make? and is there like a certain date we have to be finished? cause I'm kind of busy knitting gloves:) so It'd be nice to know if I can start whenever I want or if I need to be doing em both at the same time:)

Um thats not how I make my granny squares ......can I do my own pattern? and I use an I hook for all granny squares I find it the perfect size not too small not too big....I'm sorry but I have to do it my way just because of a problem I have

A button is like a link picture to put on your blog and show ppl that your participating in this CAL so that ppl who visit your blog will see the button and if they're interested then they can click on the button and will find themselves on this thread and maybe they'll want to join too! :manyheart

Archived