Newbie Crochet along?

yarnart

Thanks for the suggestions. I will take them into consideration. I thought that just having verigated in one block of 6 and one differnet verigated one in another block would look okay but I am only new to this and this will bw my first completed afghan so I can definently use all the advice I can get!!!

Thank you heaps!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello my name is Ayla. I just started to learn how to crochet October 8,2006. I would love to join your cal since I afterall am a newbie. Let me know what I have to do in order to join. Thank you!

~ Ayla

I'm a newbie and would love to try this. I like ripples but I ran out of the varigated color that inspired me to try the ripple in the first place:eek So I would love to practice up on the granny squares, I know I sure do need it.:devil

When do we start? What patterns are we using or can we pick our own? I work the next two nights but am off for three days after that!:cheer Plenty of time to get busy on some squares. Oh what size are we making? I definitely need the practice on sizing and gauge.:hook

I originally started this CAL and I'm glad to see people still joining in!

There are two patterns I originally suggested. They are:

http://www.angelfire.com/bc2/crochetaddict/lacy.html

and

http://www.jpfun.com/patterns/01gran...nysquare.shtml

The second one is by far the easiest. You are welcome to do any granny you want and size you want. I started with 6" squares and on my next project did some 12" squares. I like using the "I" or "H" hooks for my squares, but use whichever one you would like for your project.

Again, welcome and I'm happy to help if I can. I am unable to take pictures of my completed work right now because my camera was stolen this past summer (bummer) but I look forward to seeing your work in progress!

Veronica

:hook

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, I am just starting 2 'Good Granny Gracious Baby Afghan's--does that count? Of course, I have only started one so far. :lol They each have 24 squares joined into a 4-square x 6 square section,then are surrounded by 12 rows or so of granny square stitch. So, that's sort of 25 squares, right?:wink I can't commit to anything else before they are done. They are for twins, due in January. This is a good idea, as many of the CALs are too advanced for me.

Margie

• 1 month later...

Okay. Last night I reorganised all my patterns which took me 3 hours!!!:eek After I was done I decided to sort everything else too (I have barely anything and can't afford to buy anymore crochet stuff for a while as I've just got my first house!:yay:cry) I came across the blanket I was making for this and since I can't buy any more yarn for it I am putting it together now.

I had 14 squares done and 1 with 3 rows left. I finished that one and have joined 12 of the squares now. It is going to be my own personal lapghan for in front of the tele and it is a perfect size to have on the bed in winter to cover only me and not make my bf all hot and sweaty from having that 1 extra blanket on the bed.

I am gonna go home and finish it tonight!! Will post pics when I can. Can't wait to finish as this will be my first ever afghan/lapghan (I've only ever made a baby one before)!!!!yay:hook:yarn

Archived