Slippers

luvmnms

These are slippers I made for my B-I-L. He had a ratty pair that his mother made for him, I swear sometime in the sixties!!! They were so old, flat and stretched out. I didn't have a pattern, and couldn't find one anywhere, so I had to make my own pattern. Orange is his favorite color.

slippers%20ripple%20%28Tom%27s%20Slippers%29.jpg

I have given the slippers to my BIL and he loves them. He was amazed that I made them without a pattern. He thought his father gave me the pattern. (when his mother passed away she had some craft stuff and since my sister doesn't do crafts and my BIL is an only child his father asked if I wanted all her craft stuff) But there was no pattern for the slippers. They are crocheted with caron simply soft, I used two threads together and it took just one skein (and he has big feet!).

Could you post the pattern for the one's you made? I want to make myself some. My feet are impossible to keep warm in the winter. Thanks.

Are you allowed to post patterns here? I'm new, so sorry if this is a silly question.

Are you allowed to post patterns here? I'm new, so sorry if this is a silly question.

Not a silly question at all. If it is your design, it is your pattern, and you can post it here.

They are nice, manly looking slippers. I know a few deer hunters who wouldn't mind having some slippers like those. :)

Ok, here is the pattern. Please, remember I am not a professional nor a pattern writer. This pattern has not been tested by anyone, so if you don't understand something, feel free to ask.

Slippers Size Men’s large 12

This is worked all in one piece.

1 skein simply soft, two threads worked together (I started at both ends of the skein, as it only takes one skein to make these); F hook

TOE:

ch 5; sl st in first ch to form ring.

round 1: (RS) 15 sc in ring just formed. join with sl st to first sc, ch 1, turn. (15 sc)

FOOT:

ch 37, turn.

row 1: sc in second ch from hook, sc in 34 ch across, sl st in last 2 ch, turn; join with round 2 as follows: drop loop from hook, insert hook in front loop of first sc of toe, round 1 , pick up dropped loop and pull it through sc. (36 st)

(this maybe confusing, so I’ll try to explain… basically what I did here was sl st into the tow round sc, slip stitching 3 times into each sc to space the foot rows evenly around the toe round.)

row 2: (RS) in back loop only throughout, sl st in first 6 st, sc in next 30 sc, turn.

row 3: sc in next 34 st, sl st in next 2 sl st; turn, join with toe, round 1.

row 4-59: repeat rows 2 and 3.

row 60: (joining row) {working from inside of slipper} drop loop from hook, insert hook through first ch of beg ch, pick up dropped loop, pull through ch, insert hook through back look only of first sc, pull yarn through, yo, pull yarn through both loops on hook, continue across next 35 sc. turn slipper right side out.

HEEL:

row 1: {working from inside of slipper} working through two threads, sc in end of each row around, do not join, turn. (60 sc)

row 2: (RS) in blo throughout, sc 2 sc tog, sc in next 56 sc, sc 2 sc tog, turn. (58 sc)

row 3: sc 2 sc tog, sc in next 54 sc, sc 2 sc tog, turn. (56 sc)

row 4-10: repeat row 3 decreasing to 40 sc.

row 11-28: sc in each sc across. (40 sc)

row 29: sc in next 16 sc, (sc 2 sc tog) 4 times, sc in next 16 sc.

row 30: sc in next 14 sc, (sc 2 sc tog) 2 times, (drop loop from hook, insert hook through sc just made, pick up dropped loop, pull through sc, insert hook through back look only of next sc, pull yarn through, yo pull yarn through both loops on hook) to end.

EDGING:

round 1: {working from inside of slipper} working through two threads, sc in end of each row around, turn. (60 sc)

round 2: sc in each sc around, fasten off.

Here are other pics of ladies slippers I made. There were made with Red Hearts Super Saver, one skein, single thread, I hook. I had to adjust the number of rows in the foot and heel to make them smaller.

slippers%20ripple%20ladies%201.jpgslippers%20ripple%20ladies%202.jpg

Archived