Round Rainbow Ripple Star Blankie :)

Chrome Kitty

CHROME KITTY

thanks for ruling so hard!! yes! i am working on this pattern right now and i just about HAD IT with yet another mis-written and unclear pattern from the internet...

but i knew someone from crochetville would come to my rescue!! what a help you were..by the way, love your colors!

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chrome Kitty,

Your ripple is gorgeous and very eye catching. Great work!

I've printed out the pattern, plus your notes. Thank you so much for posting . I think I may have to duplicate your colors when I make this one. They're just fabulous. However, when I printed out the picture. my printer must be low on yellow, 'cause it came out with a deep fuchsia center, then a dark flamingo pink, clear pink, clear light blue, bright royal blue, then bright purple on the outter ripple... another striking combo, especially for a girl. I'm considering this one for a friend if she has a girl, so think if I do this it will be in my printer's version! LOL..

Thanks again,

Debbie

What a great job!!! Your color scheme is great, and I love your idea of trying one in the reverse! It should turn out great. Would love to see it when you finish!

Thanks for the notes on the pattern. I may try to do one of these too!!!

:cheer

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Chrome Kitty!

I absolutely love your blanket!!! And thank you for sharing the pattern not to mention all of the supporting posts to help with the pattern. I went to the store to buy the yarn I couldn't figure out the colors!! Do you by any chance have the actual color names?? If so that would be a great help.

Thank you!!

Saadia

I forgot to mention there's an error in the pattern on round 3. It should be:

Ch 3, *sk one st, (dc, ch 2, dc) in next st, repeat from * end with dc in base of ch 3, ch 2, join to top of ch 3. (The * is in the wrong place in the pattern and if you follow it that way, you'll be setting up 24 points instead of 12)

I'm really glad you posted that... I tried this pattern with some LB Homespun a few weeks ago and gave up because it kept getting all wonky and ruffly. Maybe now I can go get more yarn and try again.

Anyone else tried this with homespun? (I might have a problem... I don't want to use anything but homespun these days)

Chrome Kitty!

I absolutely love your blanket!!! And thank you for sharing the pattern not to mention all of the supporting posts to help with the pattern. I went to the store to buy the yarn I couldn't figure out the colors!! Do you by any chance have the actual color names?? If so that would be a great help.

Thank you!!

Saadia

All were Caron Simply Soft Brites except for the red & white. Those two were just regular Caron Simply Soft. The colors are Red, Mango, Lemonade, Limelight, Berry Blue and Grape.

THANK YOU for posting your corrections and changes!! I made one of these for my daughter to play dolls with, but haven't made one for a real baby yet because I hated the holey center. Now that you've fixed that problem, I'll have to add one to my "to do" list!

• 3 months later...

C_K, now I am going to totally copy you *and* all of the other people who have already made this rainbow blankie. Not normally my MO, but I have fallen in love - the shape! the colors! - and I don't care. I much prefer bright colors over pastels for babies, and #3 is due in March so now that Christmas is over I MUST. MAKE. SOMETHING. :lol I like dreemrytr's girl scheme a lot too, and I am *really* dying to crochet a bunch of cute little dresses, but since we're keeping the gender a surprise, I'll have to wait and see on those. :sigh

2 questions, though.

1) The Caron Simply Soft I bought (at Wal-Mart) came only in 6oz skeins. Will that be enough for the last color or will I need another skein of the grape? (Did they change the sizes or what? Hobby Lobby had only 3oz skeins and didn't have all the colors. Michael's didn't have any at all.)

2) There was no "red" to be found - but I did find a "Rubine Red" and a dark "Autumn Red," so I went with Rubine. I guess this is not really a question, since I'm impatient to get started (like, as soon as I finish this post :)), but I wondered if this would maybe not look as good as plain old red. Well, at least mine will not be *exactly* the same as everyone else's. LOL

Looking back through my yarn that I used for this project I also used the Rubine red...there is no Red that I saw in brites either...but it works just fine and matches wonderfully with the brites =) Mine are also in 6 oz skeins, I had 6 rows or red, 5 rows of every other color with one row of white in between each color and I still did have some of the grape left over. Hope this helps and good luck!

I always wanted to print this pattern but since there was no pic I didn't know what it looked like. Thanx for posting a pic of what it looks like. I just love the colors you used. :yes So now I'm going to print out the pattern and your pic of what it looks like.

Carol:hook

Thanks so much, silvermoon! It's a relief to know I shouldn't have to make an extra trip to the store. I'm up to the last row of "limelight" now (starting to get slow-going LOL), and I think the "rubine red" is looking okay.

6 oz should be enough for the last color. I think my skeins were 7 oz and I know there was some left of the purple color. The red I used wasn't a Brites color, it was just regular SS. I'm sure the red you picked will be great. Can't wait to see it!:hook

Hmm, there wasn't much blue left when I got done with it. Crossing my fingers! :xfin (Wow - I'm surprised that was in there! LOL)

ETA: PHOOEY! I had about 30 stitches left when I ran out of purple. Guess I crochet a little bit looser than you, silvermoon.

Archived