Round Rainbow Ripple Star Blankie :)

Chrome Kitty

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wow - I love it!! Everytime I make that pattern for someone they love it too .... but I did want to let you know that I cut & pasted how you did your colours so I could try it next time - even printed the picture! I love the way y'all give me new ideas for a pattern!!

Great job!

Fran

Thank you, everyone.:hug You are too kind.

Fran, if you do follow it, the nice thing about it is that the white row is always a small shell row which helps you remember where you are. I'd like to say I planned it out that way, but I just got lucky.;)

this is a beautiful afghan .. you do great work!! Thank you for posting the pattern link .. as I just found out my sister is having a girl .. and I've been wanting to make her something special .. I will be doing mine in pastel green, yellow and lavendar .. those are the colors that she's chosen for the nursery.:c9

That is such an awesome looking afghan! I'm with those who said they can never get enough of looking at these! One of these days I'm going to get one done, it's been on my "to-do" list seemingly forever! :hook

I forgot to mention there's an error in the pattern on round 3. It should be:

Ch 3, *sk one st, (dc, ch 2, dc) in next st, repeat from * end with dc in base of ch 3, ch 2, join to top of ch 3. (The * is in the wrong place in the pattern and if you follow it that way, you'll be setting up 24 points instead of 12)

I didn't do row 3 that way, though. I didn't like how hole-y it was, so I did [dc in next st, (dc, ch2, dc) in next stitch] instead. This replaced the "skip one st" with a dc and filled it in nicely without affecting the rest of the pattern.:hook

I just realized that making a second blanket in the same colours (but used in the reverse order) would be a great way to make blankets for TWINS, or siblings - that way they match but aren't identical!! If it's possible, I now love that pattern even more!! :cheer

Thanks again for sharing,

Fran

One more thing . . . ;)

I posted this in a different thread to help someone who was having trouble with this afghan and I thought those of who mentioned making one of these might find it helpful. It's a row by row count of how many dcs should be on each side of the points. The small shell rounds are in blue. Find it here.

This is a lovely baby ghan!! Love the colors too!!

Thanks for taking the time to share the link to the pattern, the corrections and the stitch count too!

Found something to work on during my trip!!!

mgf ~ ::frog

• 5 weeks later...

Archived