care bear CAL

Hi Busymomof7 (wow!!! 7???? I want 7 too...or 12) Anyways...I have never seen the photo of the book in the first post either. She must not have inserted it right into the post but I know which book she is talking about.

Here is the pattern book for it. Let me know if you can't see it that way. :)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your link took me right to a picture of the book!:cheer Also, it is a little reassuring to know that I am not the only one who did not see a picture in the original post that started this thread! Maybe I am not quite as inept as I thought!! ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ok, joining ANOTHER Cal!!! I have kits for all the bears, but have only done one so far, I totally intend to make these for my daughter, and the one I made went quickly, so I would like to make some for her for Christmas! I'm IN!:cheer

• 1 month later...

Not sure if this CAL is still going on, but I started the Cheer Bear today. I'm going to work on the bears while Beth is in school and give them to her for Christmas. I have done one, last year, Share Bear, I have kits for all the Bears, it was just a lack of motivation. I got about half the head done today!:cheer

Here's a pic of my Share Bear:

2eej5du.jpg

Oh Crystal, that is so cute! I've still got to get going on mine, wanted to make the set!:cheer

Thanks, I'll keep posting pics as I finish them, maybe it will help motivate you!:yes

Wow they are adorable and each one seems cuter and cuter and cuter.

Now if i can get the nerve to make one i'd die happy.

Great job I love the colors too...

And that heart shaped button and their butts just tooo cute..

Thanks for sharing

• 1 month later...

I really want this book and the only place I can find it in Aus is ebay and it costs a fortune by the time bidding is done! lol. you guys are so lucky!! your bears look great too. has this c-a-l been ended...? it all seems so quiet here

• 2 weeks later...
Everyone's bears are sooo cute! I have the book, and I've been wanting to make them. I would love to join if this CAL is still going on.:manyheart

I've paused on my bear, but will be getting back to it this week!

I'm having so much fun looking at all these adorable care bears that I just HAD to share the one I made, even though I'm not officially a part of the CAL. This is Bedtime Bear.

th_BedtimeBear.gif

So cuddly! Made from a Herrschner's kit.

I have started my bear, I'm making Share Bear. I made it to rnd 15, but had to take out rnd 14, because I didn't really read the instructions. It said to slip stitch in 2 stitches, and I thought it meant to decrease. Butterfly, I bought my book at Walmart, I hope that helps.:hook

What cute bears everyone has made! I'm new here and wanted to ask a question. I've made 2 care bears as gifts, and both times their eyes turned out "creepy" - for lack of a better word. Even a friend agreed. Here is a picture of the one I made for my daughter. Any eye tips? Thanks! carebear.jpg

Just wanted to post an update on my share bear. I'm still having a little trouble with my bear. I made it to round 18, and realized when I took rnd 14 out, I took out too many stitches, had to rip the whole thing out, and start over again. I'm back to rnd 17, and hope that I don't make anymore mistakes.:oops

Population, I don't think your bears eyes are creepy, I think your bear is cute.:clap

Population 800, I don't think your bear's eyes are creepy either. What I did when I made my bear's eyes was, I photocopied the page of the pattern where the eyes are then cut them out and traced them onto cardboard, which I then also cut out.

Then I used the cardboard templates to cut out the pieces of felt. When I put the eyes together, I closely followed the placement on the picture on the pattern book. I saved the cardboard templates for the next time I make a bear.

It's a bit of work, but I think it was worth it. :lol Hope this helps!

Just wanted to post an update on my share bear. I'm still having a little trouble with my bear. I made it to round 18, and realized when I took rnd 14 out, I took out too many stitches, had to rip the whole thing out, and start over again. I'm back to rnd 17, and hope that I don't make anymore mistakes.:oops

Population, I don't think your bears eyes are creepy, I think your bear is cute.:clap

Linda, hang in there. I can't tell you how many times I had to frog the face before it finally clicked for me. I found some parts of the pattern confusing -- not because it was poorly written. I guess I just wasn't getting it. I actually contacted Customer Service at Leisure Arts for clarification. They were very helpful and finally helped me get through my brain spaz. :yes

belant, what an excellant tip about using cardboard! I detest trying to cut tiny little circles out of felt, and I'm sure using sturdy cardboard versus tracing paper will make it much easier next time. Thanks!

Archived