care bear CAL

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ohhhh...I want to!!! They ended up not doing that Strawberry Shortcake CAL I guess cause no one has posted. And I want to buy this book so badly. This will be the perfect excuse. yay!!!!

I will pick up the book tomorrow. (along with the yarn) How long are you giving for this CAL to be done? As you know, I may need a little longer with everything I have going on right now. ;)

Hey Lavelle26 - I don't know if this is the case where you are but our local Wal-Mart in Garner NC had this book for sale recently! (Of course, I had already bought it!) but it was about 1/2 to 1/3 of the original price!

Hey Lavelle26 - I don't know if this is the case where you are but our local Wal-Mart in Garner NC had this book for sale recently! (Of course, I had already bought it!) but it was about 1/2 to 1/3 of the original price!

Thank you Tiggerhale. I may check that out. (or I may not since I avoid Walmart at all costs.) I will have to get up the guts to face them. They are always so cluttered and busy...you can't get through the aisles and then you have to wait 30-45 minutes just to check out. :( I don't go there unless I have to. I usually go to Target instead. If its craft related, I go to Micheals or Hobby Lobby. Maybe I will call them and see if they have it in. ;)

I can't see the pic of the book but is it for the stuffed animals or the afghans? If it is for the stuffed animals I would love to join otherwise I've already mad one of the afghans and don't want to venture there again. Let me know. I just picked up the stuffed animals pattern book at Walmart for $1 on clearance.

sorry about that, for the stuffed animals. And I would have to say finish as you please, we all have out own lives to deal w/ and as much as we love to crochet, the laundry doesnt get done w/out us. At least not in my house anyway. lol.

I have never done a CAL before is there anything that needs to be done before getting enough people to join in?

I think this happens however we want it to happen. We just keep checking in with our progress and help each other stay motivated Some CALS are more strict than others and require you to complete so much by a certain time. Mybe we could set a goal or something to help us out in that regard without being too strict, ya know? Like say, one bear a month? Does this work for everyone?

That's fine with me. I have 2 done and a third one about half done.

I'll probably go faster then one a month to begin with, but then slow down and need some encouragement to keep going.

I agree. Join for one or all. I may not finish all of them because I plan on using yarn I have in my stash, and I probably don't have all the right colors.

The more the merrier, IMHO.:cheer

Thanks Lavelle26. well I went by my local Joanns tonight and they had a real crappy selection of yarns which I was really surprised at. But I bought some limegreen caron simply soft brite to get started. Wish me luck!:box

I've got 3 bears done now. From left to right is Champ Bear, Goodluck Bear and Funshine Bear. This is the order I did them in and do you notice that they are getting bigger. I haven't changed the pattern any, so I must be getting more aggressive with the stuffing. I think I overstuffed Funshine. I like the feel of the Goodluck Bear, so from now on I'm going to use him as my model.

The other pic shows the back of Champ Bear. I found some red heart buttons to use on their behind. I used regular ww yarn and felt for the face, feet and tummy symbols.

Enjoy.

P1010124.jpg

P1010125.jpg

When I view this thread, I can NOT see any pictures! I am really new here, so I am probably not doing something that I ought to. A little help would be appreciated.

Now I am really confused because when I scan down to the end of this page that I am on right now to post a reply to thread, I see a "Topic Review" with photos of stuffed crocheted care bears!! Where did that come from and why did I not see it before?? I am feeling like a total dunce. :think

Also, I am assuming that "CAL" stands for "crochet along," right?

Thanks for bearing with me patiently! :hug

I missed the photos I referred to in my last post because they were on page 3.

HOWEVER, this is what was said in the first post on this thread:

here is a pic of the book, anyone want to do a CAL to try to get them all finished? Let me know this would be great.

3690.jpg

And I never saw any photos that she referred to. Can someone tell me why??

Thanks again for your patience!

Archived