care bear CAL

i have made all of the care bears and what i did, was when i cut the eyes out of the felt, instead of having them straight on, i kind of put them to the side on each side. that way it looked more like the carebears as i remember of my dd's youth.and also the eyebrow, i had it slightly off also on the left eye i had the top tilted in a tad and the right i had it tilted to the left, that way it went with the eyes. does that make sense ya all, thats what i found worked for me. hope that helps:hug :hug :hug

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, I was wondering if this CAL is still going? I bought the pattern around the time this thread started, but just started trying to make the bears recently. I am just starting the body for wish bear.

Hi, I was wondering if this CAL is still going? I bought the pattern around the time this thread started, but just started trying to make the bears recently. I am just starting the body for wish bear.

I'm still here, just in limbo with the bear I'm working on currently, I hit the thread part and kind of hit a brick wall, I hate working with thread.:bang

• 2 weeks later...

My goal is to work on the bear I'm working on for at LEAST 15 minutes every day while Beth is in school, it would be nice to be able to give her at least one bear on Christmas, and I'm just stuck on the thread part, it's all done other wise. I just hate working with thread!:cry

• 3 weeks later...

I Plugged away withthe thread part! I just have four more colors to add to the rainbow (I'm making Cheer Bear)and then I can sew everything on! I should be done by the end of the week. I'm only working on it while my daughter is in school, so it'll be a surprise on Christmas. I'll post a pic when I'm done!:clap

Way to go Crystal. I give you credit for making this especially with thread involved. :cheer

Thanks! Other than the thread it's easy!

• 2 weeks later...

hi,,i have never been part of a cal,,and would love this to be my first!!! where do you think i could get the book?? all i have around me is michaels and joanns.....this would be fun...i have 4 grandbabies...they would love them..i had never seen them in a pattern book before..looking forward to hearing from someone...sincerely...donna

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sorry that I haven't posted in a while. December has been a bad month for me. I had 2 deaths in my family, within weeks of each other. I started making share bear, my dd saw it and decided she wanted bedtime bear for her birthday. So, I quit working on share bear and started on bedtime bear. My dd's birthday is tomorrow, but I don't have her bear made yet. I thought I had all the colors of bedspread thread, but I don't. My dd knows she's getting bedtime bear, but it'll be late. I'm not sure when I'll be able to get it, but as soon as I get bedtime bear finished, I'll take a picture of it, and post it. Oh, bluemoon, I got my pattern book at WalMart. I hope everyone has a Happy New Year.

Thank's alot Penny, I appreciate it. I would have posted sooner, but on the first of January, my computer died. I had to get a new power supply, but now it's fixed. I haven't worked on the care bear I'm making my daughter, I need to finish it, so I can get back to work on mine.:blush

Archived